Quarterbacks Bills Nation should be targeting..

Teddy_Daniels

I take offense to that, I am the only mouthbreather making fun of FSU, and it's cause I really don't like them. Also, the Jimbo Fisher thing isn't that much of a vote of confidence when the last place he was QB's coach produced JellyCheeseRoll Russell.

Ponder is good, but I hope we have our QB figured out before we have to go that route.

Fisher coached Russell up into the #1 overall draft pick. By Fisher's very own account, out of his own mouth, Russell (in college) was one of the hardest working players he's ever coached. He said Russell had an intense desire to improve himself and spent lots of time studying to be the best QB he could be.

When directly asked why Russell flamed out the way he did, Fisher's response was that you can never predict how a 21 year old is going to react to becoming instantly rich and famous. He said by his best guess, it had to do with the "less than stellar" situation that the Raiders bring their players into, and that Russell seemed to have lost his interest to perform well for whatever reason (money, etc.)He said that the NFL and its millions are a great carrot on a stick for college players, but you simply never how they will react once they do hit it big time.

Next time try some critical thinking.

For those interested in Ponder, check out...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/117981-ponder-watch/

And for those mouth breathers spouting off about FSU QBs, Ponder will be the first QB coming out of FSU to be coached entirely by Jimbo Fisher. Bobby Bowden and the old 'Noles offensive strategy played no role in the development of Ponder.

Oh well, in that case, where in the hell could the Bills go wrong? I mean, who argues with a QB coached by Jimbo Fisher for Christs sakes. LOL. Good god. :wallbash:

Fisher coached Russell up into the #1 overall draft pick. By Fisher's very own account, out of his own mouth, Russell (in college) was one of the hardest working players he's ever coached. He said Russell had an intense desire to improve himself and spent lots of time studying to be the best QB he could be.

When directly asked why Russell flamed out the way he did, Fisher's response was that you can never predict how a 21 year old is going to react to becoming instantly rich and famous. He said by his best guess, it had to do with the "less than stellar" situation that the Raiders bring their players into, and that Russell seemed to have lost his interest to perform well for whatever reason (money, etc.)He said that the NFL and its millions are a great carrot on a stick for college players, but you simply never how they will react once they do hit it big time.

Next time try some critical thinking.

Calm down and learn how to take a joke big guy, I am sure FSU was a great school to attend. Just because the Raiders took Russell #1 doesn't really speak that much to his talent, though I am of the mind that he had it, and wasted it.

Also, in your haste to attack me for ripping on Russell, I did mention that I think Ponder is very good, I just hope that we have our Qb situation figured out before it is time to pick him.

I could see them taking the top rated Tackle in the draft in the top five and grabbing a QB in the second or trading back into the bottom of the first for a QB....San Diego did that (well similar) grabbing LT and Brees number one and number two....and yes I know they picked up Rivers but last time I checked Brees had won a SB and the Chargers aren't looking that great....even though Rivers is a very good QB.....

other than Jake Locker, Andrew Luck, and Ryan Mallett.

Jerrod Johnson

- 6'5, 245 pounds.

- Senior at Texas A&M

- Born on July 27th, 1988

- Started 22 games in 2008 and 2009.

- Against +.500 competition last season, he put up the following stats: 18 TDs, 4 INTs, 60% completion%, and 273 passing yards per game.

Colin Kaepernick

- 6'6, 225 pounds

- Senior at Nevada

- Born on November 3rd, 1987

- Started 34 games between 2007 and 2009.

- Against +.500 competition last season: 13 TDs, 1 INT, 225 total yards per game, and completed 56% of his passes.

Christian Ponder

- 6'3, 227 pounds

- Senior at Florida State

- Born on February 25th, 1988

- Against +.500 competition last season: 15 Tds, 5 INTs, 288 passing yards per game, and completed 71% of his passes.

Don't concentrate purely on Luck/Locker/Mallett. They are not the only choices in the first and second round.

Would that be the same Christian Ponder that got his ass kicked by OU Two weeks ago? No thanks

I could see them taking the top rated Tackle in the draft in the top five and grabbing a QB in the second or trading back into the bottom of the first for a QB....San Diego did that (well similar) grabbing LT and Brees number one and number two....and yes I know they picked up Rivers but last time I checked Brees had won a SB and the Chargers aren't looking that great....even though Rivers is a very good QB.....

I totaly agree! I just dont see us taking a QB with a top 5 pick unless it is a Matt Stafford type tallent, the picks 3-6 from 2010 say that they will look hard at a "player" from a small school. "We know who is at Michigan, tell me who is playing at North Central Michigan"

Not sold on Kaepernick. The guy has thrived in a great system and he has some wheels, but much like Locker, his mechanics are shaky at best.

Right now the only real deal QBs I see out there are Mallett and Luck. And as much as I've championed Mallett, those 2 late interceptions against 'Bama were just bad. Meanwhile Luck is just an absolute stud. The kid is making perfect throws with blitzes coming at him all day (don't ask me how many times I swore at the TV last weekend as he sailed pass after pass into tight coverage).

The rest of these guys are good, but not going to be elite level QBs anytime soon.

Quite frankly, it is a little premature to make statements, like "Mallett and Luck are the only real deals" and "nobody else can be elite quarterbacks." The college football season is only a 1/3 of the way finished, and it is important that we don't discount somebody simply because McShay or Kipper are not talking about them. Anything can happen. Draft stocks can fall easily.

The fact of the matter is, Mallett and Luck completed less than 57% of their passes last season, and have so far gotten off to a shaky start. Did you see Luck Vs. UCLA (a team which surpassed the .500 mark last season and beat Texas this year)? He passed for 151 yards, and completed 46% of his passes. As for Mallett, he threw two costly interceptions at the end of the Alabama game, and looked offensively lifeless in the 2nd half.

Lets face the facts: Mallett, Locker, and Luck are still raw, and come across as questionable first round picks, at the moment.

Not sold on Kaepernick. The guy has thrived in a great system and he has some wheels, but much like Locker, his mechanics are shaky at best.

Right now the only real deal QBs I see out there are Mallett and Luck. And as much as I've championed Mallett, those 2 late interceptions against 'Bama were just bad. Meanwhile Luck is just an absolute stud. The kid is making perfect throws with blitzes coming at him all day (don't ask me how many times I swore at the TV last weekend as he sailed pass after pass into tight coverage).

The rest of these guys are good, but not going to be elite level QBs anytime soon.

:thumbsup: You are right. Luck is at the top of the period. He reminds me of Matt Ryan of the Falcons. He is polished and an accurate passer.

other than Jake Locker, Andrew Luck, and Ryan Mallett.

Jerrod Johnson

- 6'5, 245 pounds.

- Senior at Texas A&M

- Born on July 27th, 1988

- Against +.500 competition last season, he put up the following stats: 18 TDs, 4 INTs, 60% completion%, and 273 passing yards per game.

Colin Kaepernick

- 6'6, 225 pounds

- Senior at Nevada

- Born on November 3rd, 1987

- Started 34 games between 2007 and 2009.

- Against +.500 competition last season: 13 TDs, 1 INT, 225 total yards per game, and completed 56% of his passes.

Christian Ponder

- 6'3, 227 pounds

- Senior at Florida State

- Born on February 25th, 1988

- Against +.500 competition last season: 15 Tds, 5 INTs, 288 passing yards per game, and completed 71% of his passes.

Don't concentrate purely on Luck/Locker/Mallett. They are not the only choices in the first and second round.

I don't have a problem with Ponder or Johnson, but Egads man Kaepernick is a late 4th rounder at absloute best right now. best right now. Foles,Stanzi,Dalton,Pryor,heck Tate Forcier is a better pro prospect than him right now. And he's benched.

:thumbsup: You are right. Luck is at the top of the period. He reminds me of Matt Ryan of the Falcons. He is polished and an accurate passer.

How exactly is he right? Luck only played against 1 good opponent this year, and in that game he looked bad.

Bills Nation needs to open their eyes, and realize that there are more than 3 good quarterbacks possibly available. Ponder, Johnson, and Kaepernick also deserve high merit too.

Seems to me it was 2007 when some right here on this board wanted the Bills to lose every game just to have a shot at the 2 best quarterbacks in years....

Brady Quinn and Jamarcus Russell, but there was no way Buffalo would even have a shot a Russell. He was a once in a life time QB.

Amazingly, we just released the most successful QB (to date) of the 2007 draft. Staring at one another from opposite ends of the spectrum are the 2007 and 1983 QB Classes.

Can you tell us which one is guaranteed to be a franchise-caliber QB and will lead the Bills to a Super Bowl?

PTR

if there is a franchise-caliber QB available when the Bills are on the clock you can bet that they won't pick him... they will grab another wide reciever or a D-back, or a tackle or something...or just trade the pick away at the last minute for a carton of smokes, a six pack of PBR and a tank of gas.