todd collins

nuklz2594

If Dennis Shaw, Dan Darragh, James Harris, Gary Marangi or Busty Underwood were given a chance, would they have become good QB's with the Bills? Actually, I think Shaw was Rookie of the Year and then held out and was gone after Ferguson was drafted in 73. The other guys weren't given a fair shot.

If Dennis Shaw, Dan Darragh, James Harris, Gary Marangi or Busty Underwood were given a chance, would they have become good QB's with the Bills? Actually, I think Shaw was Rookie of the Year and then held out and was gone after Ferguson was drafted in 73. The other guys weren't given a fair shot.

Good post. You might have been around longer than me. I remember shouting "Bring in Marangi" when Joe was sucking one day, back in the Rockpile. Actually got a few other fans to start screaming it as well.

I think Shaw would have done well, but Marangi did suck after he relieved Ferguson in the 4th Quarter against the Jets, he threw back to back INT's.

Good post. You might have been around longer than me. I remember shouting "Bring in Marangi" when Joe was sucking one day, back in the Rockpile. Actually got a few other fans to start screaming it as well.

I think Shaw would have done well, but Marangi did suck after he relieved Ferguson in the 4th Quarter against the Jets, he threw back to back INT's.

Uhhh...your memory is very vivid, and very faulty...neither Joe Ferguson or Gary Marangi ever played a game in the Rockpile. Unless, of course, it was some celebrity baseball game or something.

And a Nice NFL pension too.

Gary never played in the Rockpile. He came into league in 74. Must have been drunk.

Uhhh...your memory is very vivid, and very faulty...neither Joe Ferguson or Gary Marangi ever played a game in the Rockpile. Unless, of course, it was some celebrity baseball game or something.

Dennis Shaw was a weak armed QB who threw a very catachable ball, but his long passes seemed floating balloons. Lots of air under them, and not very deep. He did win the NFL AP Rookie of the Year in 1970, but even then he threw only 10 TDs and had 20 INTs that year. In 1971 he led the league in INTs (26) while throwing just 11 TD's. 1972 was a tad better, 14 TDs vs. 17 INTs. Lou Saban replaced him in week 3 of the 1973 season with Joe Ferguson. Shaw was traded to the Cardinals in 1974 and was also with the Cardinals in 1975 (backup roles both years).