Presser at 3pm?

1B4IDie

It's on WGR right now.

Chan said of the QB competition: "it was close going in" to the regular season. Ok then if it was close, why did Trent start all four preseason games and get the bulk of the time with the 1's?

Basically, Chan said they released Edwards. No insights, no comment on whether we'll sign another QB.

Only thing he added was that they've decided to work with Brohm and not carry Edwards only to run the scout team.

You didn't miss much in the presser. Chan basically said the competition was close throughout training camp and now want to go into a new direction without Edwards. Another thing to note is Chan specifically said when asked they are interested in re-signing Levi Brown and have communicated with him but still want to take their time with the decision.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

You didn't miss much in the presser. Chan basically said the competition was close throughout training camp and now want to go into a new direction without Edwards. Another thing to note is Chan specifically said when asked they are interested in re-signing Levi Brown and have communicated with him but still want to take their time with the decision.

Meaning if Levi Brown, says "Are You Kidding me? I'd rather bag groceries than be a part of your messed up organization." They don't want to look bad.

It's on WGR right now.

Chan said of the QB competition: "it was close going in" to the regular season. Ok then if it was close, why did Trent start all four preseason games and get the bulk of the time with the 1's?

My take is this:

Trent Edwards looked like he had the highest ceiling in the competition. All 4 performed similarly but the staff saw the most immediate potential in Edwards.

Edwards proved through Week 1 & 2 that he will never reach that ceiling or live up to his potential.

Fitzpatrick is a perfect "Care Taker" QB (although on Sunday he did more than be a care taker.)

When it was clear Edwards can play up to potential he hit the bench.

I speculate he had a conversation about working with Brohm or running the scout team and Nix and Chan didn't like his attitude.

They don't want a QB "controversy." You have 3 QBs that all play similarly get rid of the possible problem in the club house.

Also Fitzpatrick looks like a good QB that a young skilled QB that is drafted early in 2011 can learn from. Not Edwards.

Fitz is obviously smart, not as skilled as other QBs but Fitz may be more of a team player can help mold a young QB in 2011.

Brohm only gets on the field if Fitz gets injured though.

The above is a narrative that helps somewhat digest what happened in Buffalo.

Guest dog14787

Meaning if Levi Brown, says "Are You Kidding me? I'd rather bag groceries than be a part of your messed up organization." They don't want to look bad.

My take is this:

Trent Edwards looked like he had the highest ceiling in the competition. All 4 performed similarly but the staff saw the most immediate potential in Edwards.

Edwards proved through Week 1 & 2 that he will never reach that ceiling or live up to his potential.

Fitzpatrick is a perfect "Care Taker" QB (although on Sunday he did more than be a care taker.)

When it was clear Edwards can play up to potential he hit the bench.

I speculate he had a conversation about working with Brohm or running the scout team and Nix and Chan didn't like his attitude.

They don't want a QB "controversy." You have 3 QBs that all play similarly get rid of the possible problem in the club house.

Also Fitzpatrick looks like a good QB that a young skilled QB that is drafted early in 2011 can learn from. Not Edwards.

Fitz is obviously smart, not as skilled as other QBs but Fitz may be more of a team player can help mold a young QB in 2011.

Brohm only gets on the field if Fitz gets injured though.

The above is a narrative that helps somewhat digest what happened in Buffalo.

My take is RW made the call on Trent Edwards, sent him packing, and Brian Brohm will see the playing field on game day soon...

Can't you just man up and admit that Trent played himself out of a job?

Seriously. I think it's obvious to all who've watched Trent this season that he can not be a quality QB in the NFL. He's proven it to us fans through last year, and he definitively (and finally) proved it to this coaching staff.

So they got rid of him. Good move by the coaching staff.

Why does Ralphy need to get dragged into this?