we cut our losses with the worst player in the NFL

berndogg

So the coaching staff finally realized that Trint isn't an NFL player, when do they realize the same about Maybin? I know he's a high draft pick in his second year, but him being on the field is absolutely detrimental to the team. Just like Fitz being all we have behind Edwards, I know there aren't any superstars behind Maybin, but I think having someone in there who isn't a total screw up would do wonders.

So the coaching staff finally realized that Trint isn't an NFL player, when do they realize the same about Maybin? I know he's a high draft pick in his second year, but him being on the field is absolutely detrimental to the team. Just like Fitz being all we have behind Edwards, I know there aren't any superstars behind Maybin, but I think having someone in there who isn't a total screw up would do wonders.

This makes no sense. Everybody wants to see more production; maybe we will, maybe we won't, but it makes little sense to cut a first round pick after a year and a third. Society has become too much about instant gratification in general. In terms of NFL experience Maybin has accumulated precious little. I would be more concerned about Chris Kelsay getting an extension at this point than Maybin. Maybin has no sacks, Kelsay has no sacks, Torbor and Davis no sacks. Maybin is far from alone with a lack of production on that defense. We need to stop focusing on one guy. They are a bad TEAM. Lot of blame to go around. It's better to let him play and see if he can step it up. Like you said there are no superstars behind him so why not let him play at least? There are no better options.

Edited by purple haze

This season it is imperative that the team knows exactly what they have in Maybin -- whether it's a complete bust or future star. He needs to play -- this is a lost season anyhow. They need to know what kind of player he is and either cut bait or continue his development.

This season it is imperative that the team knows exactly what they have in Maybin -- whether it's a complete bust or future star. He needs to play -- this is a lost season anyhow. They need to know what kind of player he is and either cut bait or continue his development.

yeah i agree with you - if he does not show improvement to where coach thinks it should be against the run then he will be gone next year

The sad thing is, I had to click on the thread to figure out whom you were referring to. Could've been Maybin, Cornell Green, maybe Kelsay...

Also, this whole "Maybin needs to get better against the run" thing is a joke. He needs to get better at playing football. He's in there on basically every passing down. How many sacks does he have? How many pressures? How many QB hits? Yes, he's bad against the run, but he's also bad at rushing the passer.

The sad thing is, I had to click on the thread to figure out whom you were referring to. Could've been Maybin, Cornell Green, maybe Kelsay...

Also, this whole "Maybin needs to get better against the run" thing is a joke. He needs to get better at playing football. He's in there on basically every passing down. How many sacks does he have? How many pressures? How many QB hits? Yes, he's bad against the run, but he's also bad at rushing the passer.

Not really defending Maybin here, but the whole defense. The thing about sacks is they are a lot easier to get when you're playing with a lead, especially a big lead or late in the game. That is NEVER the case with the Bills, I can't remember the last time they had a big lead.

Gotta disagree there. I think that even if you're chalking this season up as lost we'd be better off for the future seeing what a guy like antonio coleman can do then giving more time to Maybin. It's pretty clear he's never gonna be remotely good, when he's out there we're playing 10 on 11.

I am far from a Maybin apologist... in fact he annoys the **** out of me... but he hardly saw the field last year, he's playing a new position, and he just turned 22, they're not going to cut him before the end of the season, nor should they, unless he proves to be absolutely uncoachable.

I thought this was going to be about Chris Kelsay.

That's funny, cause I did too. When I got the txt saying that Edwards had been cut, I IMMEDIATELY thought, "ok.. the next to go is Kelsay." It's incomprehensible that he's getting a $24M extension. I'll believe it if/when it happens.