Bill Belichick has a great staff

USA6seat

Bill Belichick has the greatest analytical staff in the NFL. I don't think that they cheat so much as they are able to tell him exactly whats happening in the first half. We threw some things at them at the Pats in the first half that they were unprepared for. When they came out for the second half they knew exactly what we were going to do. This always happens. We need to hire away some of those analysts. No matter how we adjust, they had our number by the end of half-time. Happened last year in the Monday night game too. Hats off to the unknown/unsung staff of the Pats.

Like who, the next Mangini?? I'd be shocked if anyone has been with BB for the past ten years in NE except fo BB himself. So while the assistants come and go, NE is still very good, what's the one common threead? The key in NE isn't the staff, it's BB himself. My opinion he makes his staff look good as he's the one who figures everything out. He may be a jerk, but technically I thin he's the smartest coach in the league.

It seems he lets others think his staff is so great, so they hire these guys away, they do nothing, but BB reloads and keeps winning.

BTW, I'm not a BB fan, but the guys does amaze me from a pure X's and O's standpoint. Since the days in Cleveland, he's figured out enough to be able to handle the rest of the job without imploding.

Bill Belichick has the greatest analytical staff in the NFL. I don't think that they cheat so much as they are able to tell him exactly whats happening in the first half. We threw some things at them at the Pats in the first half that they were unprepared for. When they came out for the second half they knew exactly what we were going to do. This always happens. We need to hire away some of those analysts. No matter how we adjust, they had our number by the end of half-time. Happened last year in the Monday night game too. Hats off to the unknown/unsung staff of the Pats.

The first two games the experts said that the Pats are not executing in the second half. Just because they beat the bills in the second half does not mean they are the best in the league.

Yeah, if things don't improve on defense for them soon, they won't win the division.

Like who, the next Mangini?? I'd be shocked if anyone has been with BB for the past ten years in NE except fo BB himself. So while the assistants come and go, NE is still very good, what's the one common threead? The key in NE isn't the staff, it's BB himself. My opinion he makes his staff look good as he's the one who figures everything out. He may be a jerk, but technically I thin he's the smartest coach in the league.

It seems he lets others think his staff is so great, so they hire these guys away, they do nothing, but BB reloads and keeps winning.

BTW, I'm not a BB fan, but the guys does amaze me from a pure X's and O's standpoint. Since the days in Cleveland, he's figured out enough to be able to handle the rest of the job without imploding.

Ed, I agree with you that it may be BB's design, but he is on the field during the game. Even if the people in the booth are working under his direction, they're the ones who are telling him all about our formations. Assistants do come and go, but when they come in the door they have to be trained. I'm not even thinking as high up as Mangini... I'm thinking more of the mid-level statisticians who are compiling the RELEVANT Data. Those are the guys putting the info together for BB and allowing him to do what he does.