Its Official: Donte Whitner Is a Bust!

Its obvious Donte is not a playmaker like the elite safeties. He is not even a punishing tackler. Average against the run, just pathetic in coverage playing over the cornerbacks. I don't even consider him to be up to the caliber of a starting safety in the league. Pathetic performance today.

Marv's debacle as G.M can be summed up with this one pick.

P.S. Maybin is a total non-factor. :wallbash:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a wake up call that our secondary is not that good along with the rest of our defense. :thumbdown: Some of it can be due to the lack of a pass rush but there were a lot of mistakes by our safeties and corner backs today both in the run game and some horrific zone coverage with our safeties on the deep ball today. Remember Whitners whiff in the Miami game on that deep ball in which WR dropped that easy touchdown. :oops: These are re-occurring mistakes that are happening on a week to week basis.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Though i agree Whitner is average at best he is still only 25 years old and can get better. And not a punishing tackler? I guess you missed when he completely !@#$ed up hernandez today or a couple years back when he put ocho cinco on a stretcher :P

Though i agree Whitner is average at best he is still only 25 years old and can get better. And not a punishing tackler? I guess you missed when he completely !@#$ed up hernandez today or a couple years back when he put ocho cinco on a stretcher :P

Once in a blue moon he will make a hard hit. His tackling is certainly not typical to punishing safties that make those hits on a week to week basis. That's what 2 hits in how many years?

Whitner, Maybin, McCargo, all bad first round picks.

Whitner seems to hurt the team more IMO because he is starting. For now anyhow.

All the picks used in the secondary and they still get worked by good QBs.

Hooray! Another Whitner thread . . .Yay! <_<

Oh and I see it didn't take long for the obligatory Ngata reference to show . . . <_<<_<

Can we please move on? To papaphrase an NFL coach, you play with the players you have. There's no point in going back over past year's drafts, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ad naudeum . . .

Oh and I see it didn't take long for the obligatory Ngata reference to show . . . <_<<_<

Can we please move on? To papaphrase an NFL coach, you play with the players you have. There's no point in going back over past year's drafts, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ad naudeum . . .

Yeah, no point in worring about losing seasons either.

Don't forget about adding the obligatory reference to how the Patriots cheated, filming, asterisks...over and over and over and over and over.

Its obvious Donte is not a playmaker like the elite safeties. He is not even a punishing tackler. Average against the run, just pathetic in coverage playing over the cornerbacks. I don't even consider him to be up to the caliber of a starting safety in the league. Pathetic performance today.

Marv's debacle as G.M can be summed up with this one pick.

P.S. Maybin is a total non-factor. :wallbash:

Yeah, that one hit he had was lame. Not punishing at all. :censored::wallbash:

If Whitner were picked in the 3rd round he might be off the team by now. It's inexcusable for him to be a top 10 pick and still not have any awareness in coverage or proven tackling ability. He plays with heart and is a hard hitter but if it hasn't clicked by now then he clearly does not have the football acumen needed at that position. He's bringing down the rest of the otherwise talented secondary.

It has taken most posters 5 years to figure that one out! :lol:

He couldn't cover anybody. He went the wrong way on a simple post and gsve up a TD, and worst of all shied away from contact on the 5 yard TD run in the mid 4th quarter. If anyone doesn't believe me I ask you to watch the tape.

But as to the OP yes, he is a bust; he was always a bust. Yeah, I know.....he didn't draft himself. Dopey Dick Levy gets credit for that. But he is a big mouth, and a small player with diminishing skills and effort.

He belongs on the bench and special teams.

So much crying in this topic. The guy played decent on a D that didn't...he lead the team in tackles by far today keep crying guys...you sound ignorant.

He had at least 2 drive stopping hits in the run game btw "Bills from NYC" you'll see that on your tape too...

Obviously he's not #9 talent...but he's by far the least of our problems and he's better than Ko Simpson.

So much crying in this topic. The guy played decent on a D that didn't...he lead the team in tackles by far today keep crying guys...you sound ignorant.

He had at least 2 drive stopping hits in the run game btw "Bills from NYC" you'll see that on your tape too...

Obviously he's not #9 talent...but he's by far the least of our problems and he's better than Ko Simpson.

Congrats sir, you get this years biggest homer award. He's not a #159 talent. Are you kidding me, did you watch the game? If so you should get a better TV or see your eye doctor.