Bills-Pats* Game thread

sullim4

i know we lost......but at least i feel like i watched a game. HUGE improvement over first two weeks.

It was nice to watch a football game with the Bills in it.

Yes they were obviously FAR from perfect, but it was worth watching. Weeks one an two were good games to nap through,

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As bad as our defense was this game, they made the stop when we needed it. Fitz threw the two key interceptions that killed us.

If Fitz made no mistakes in the game, the team could have won. If the defense had been able to stop the run on many, many plays, the Bills could have won. Fitz is not exonerated for his performance, but to say that the defense only 'needed' the stops they made is putting a heavy bias on the blame.

we were told that no QB could produce behind this OL. Fitzpatrick, a backup quality NFL QB, led the offense to 23 points (with one missed FG). So what gives?

It will be tougher for him next week, now that there is 2010 film. Still, this beats the horror show of the last two weeks. Someone needs to remind Fitz that Jim Kelly threw a ton of picks that pissed us all off. You have to take chances sometimes. Jim thought he could throw throw triple coverage many times.

Agreed. We stayed with a pretty good team all the way, and actually put some points on the board. Run D has a lot of work to do.

Yep, as much as I hate to talk about the woulda, coulda, shoulda...at leastwe did show up to play today. But, it is getting so old to keep seeing at least one or two teammates always making critical mistake at the worst times. It is just maddening when we cannot stop making those mental mistakes that cost us games!

And I will say it again this week...what happened to Marcus Stroud? He is supposed to be one of our "premier" d-lineman yet, I think this is the 2nd week in a row that I have not heard his name mentioned during a game. As bad as our o-line has been, it just amazes me how poor our d-line play is. While I suppose that will happen with a new scheme, it just grates at me that we can't even come close to sacking an opposing QB! Kyle Williams had one good series, but other than that...just pathetic.

It looked close on paper but there is nothng to celebrate with this loss. Fitz looked good against a young pourous secondary. Actually the O line looked good in pass protection but couldn't open a hole for a mouse. The secondary really looked the worst it has looked all season. Hey Whitner! Do you feel like a laughing stock today? Those rookie Tight Ends made you their B word all day long. 0-16 here we come.

I am not celebrating anything except that I expected the score to be 38-3.

Yeah, all that would have mattered, if not for 2 brutal picks.

what about the sieve-like defense? are they not to blame today?

still, point is, the Edwards clan were stomping their feet and telling everyone who would listen that no QB could produce behind this OL. Fitzpatrick, a mediocre NFL QB, did. So what's the excuse now?

what about the sieve-like defense? are they not to blame today?

still, point is, the Edwards clan were stomping their feet and telling everyone who would listen that no QB could produce behind this OL. Fitzpatrick, a mediocre NFL QB, did. So what's the excuse now?

I agree 100%....D lost this, but Fitz had us in a position to win and choked a coupe of times. Still way more than Edwards would have given us in this game.

likely more than edwards wouldve given us in a whole season :devil:

Edwards sucks, but please......this is the same end result. Let's not get crazy.

The good news is Sabres season starts very soon and man they look good! :thumbsup:

True....GO LEAFS GO!

Great Game!!!!!

1.Bills cover spread!

2. Passing game looks very competitive. Who seriously has a problem with 2 picks? Fitz brought the tude-the rust will be gone by next week.

3. Running game looks very compeitive-134 yards with 5.6ave.

This supposedly 0-16 team has a good shot at 8&8; playoffs next year! :worthy: