New Jersey Giants Proudly Display Scott Norwood's SB XXV Jersey&#3

PearlHowardman

Time to forgive norwood and move on.

To me it isn't about Norwood, the Giants or their lousy fans in Albany that I for some dumb reason report to.

It's about Bills management.

I think a statement from RW saying that it's distasteful to display Norwood's jersey is in order. Unless of course RW was the person who sold the jersey to the Giants. That, I would believe.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/24/sports/football/24giants.html?_r=1&ref=sports

As if reading about the Green Bay Packers laughing at the Buffalo Bills during last week's game wasn't bad enough.

Weekly Friday morning conference call with the Albany office (I'm in Syracuse) and my co-worker Giants fans there snickered about a NY Times article regarding Scott Norwood's SB XXV jersey being displayed by the Giants. I thought they were just joking (being a/holes) around. They weren't.

Last paragraph.

"There is only one non-Giants player item in the hall of fame, but it might make fans as giddy as the photo of David Tyrees catch against his helmet in Arizona: Buffalo kicker Scott Norwoods jersey from Super Bowl XXV."

How the F did the Giants get a hold of Scott Norwood's jersey? And what is Bills ownership going to do about it?

It has to be Trent Edward's fault!

This subject was a post a couple weeks ago? So what can the Bills management do about it? Nothing, they can't even run their own franchise, they don't need to stck their moronic noses into another teams franchise. It is kinda tasteless, but who cares, ignore it. My ownly question would be did Norwood sell it to them? Donate it to them? As far as laughing at the Bills of the last decade-they deserve it. The whole franchise from owner down to the last man on the roster has been a joke, and you laugh at jokes. I would be laughing too if I wasn't a Bills fan, instead I have a decade long upset stomach.

Edited by billsfreak

I was told about this from snickering Giants fans. My nose, no - the noses of ALL Buffalo Bills fans, is being rubbed into the dirt!

I would just like to say as a representitive of New York Giants fans I have never rubbed anything in the collective noses of Bills fans.

Except my roommate from Lancaster.

I'm pretty sure that's a Simms jersey - recognizing his role that year for the team...

So, what you're saying is you didn't bother to read the last paragraph of the article.

There is only one non-Giants player item in the hall of fame, but it might make fans as giddy as the photo of David Tyree’s catch against his helmet in Arizona: Buffalo kicker Scott Norwood’s jersey from Super Bowl XXV.

I'm pretty sure that's a Simms jersey - recognizing his role that year for the team...

So, they put a SBXXV logo on a Jersey the Giants didn't wear (white). Oh, and there's duel piping on the arms, which the Giants didn't have.

That said, I really need to hear more about Norwood signing pics with "Wide Right". If that's true, I've lost respect. I know someone posted a picture, but of a signed 8x10, but anyone could have written that.

I would just like to say as a representitive of New York Giants fans I have never rubbed anything in the collective noses of Bills fans.

Except my roommate from Lancaster.

If the roles were reversed, I feel confident that the Bills management wouldn't pull a classless stunt like this. It's kind of why SU students here in the 'Cuse from metro NY-NJ are totally disliked.

Edited by PearlHowardman

I did and this is old news actually...I just don't trust the NYT and I need another source... There's just no way the Giants would do that IMO.

So we have Bills fans who don't care and now at least one Bills fan who is in denial. Clearly, the supporters of the Buffalo Bills are as bad as the Buffalo Bills themselves.

Sad!

But I'm glad the SU Orangemen are winning!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/24/sports/football/24giants.html?_r=1&ref=sports

As if reading about the Green Bay Packers laughing at the Buffalo Bills during last week's game wasn't bad enough.

Weekly Friday morning conference call with the Albany office (I'm in Syracuse) and my co-worker Giants fans there snickered about a NY Times article regarding Scott Norwood's SB XXV jersey being displayed by the Giants. I thought they were just joking (being a/holes) around. They weren't.

Last paragraph.

"There is only one non-Giants player item in the hall of fame, but it might make fans as giddy as the photo of David Tyree’s catch against his helmet in Arizona: Buffalo kicker Scott Norwood’s jersey from Super Bowl XXV."

How the F did the Giants get a hold of Scott Norwood's jersey? And what is Bills ownership going to do about it?

i know the attempt on their part is to make fun of the bills - but in fact what they did was say for everyone to see that the giants did not win the game but rather the bills lost the game. not the message i would choose to put out there - shame on them.

To be truthful, I think this is one where the laugh is really on the Giants and their fans.

I mean, what does putting Scott Norwood's jersey up with their HOF say, really?

To me, it's really a Dis on their own players. It says their players weren't good enough to really put it away and win it.

It says they lost by a "wide right" fluke and but for that fluke, they'd be losers.

If the Giants want to acknowledge that right up front and center, Let 'em.

Missing a 47 yard field goal is not a fluke, it happens all the time. I have always thought Norwood took too much blame for that loss. He wasn't good that year and I remember talk of bringing in another kicker during the season, oh well. If the Giants have that jersey hanging anywhere in their facility it does make them look like losers, they probably should be highlighting Anderson's who kept our offense on the sideline for most of the game.

So we have Bills fans who don't care and now at least one Bills fan who is in denial. Clearly, the supporters of the Buffalo Bills are as bad as the Buffalo Bills themselves.

Sad!

But I'm glad the SU Orangemen are winning!

Take it easy. Why does tsw take such personal shots at people... I'm not saying we r going to the sb...I'm saying that there's only one paragraph from one article from the nyt of all sources.... its so hard to imagine the nyg doing this, id like to get a more solid source to say its true. Can't find it. It goes beyond all that is class-less, and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until I get real proof. Go orange.