How did promising pre-season go so horribly wrong?

truth on hold

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0 & 2 start.

Last in offense.

QB already benched.

Dead last in ESPN Power Rankings ... ESPN Power Ranking

Seriously what happened to Trent, Spiller, Roscoe on offense?

Defense creating turnovers?

Gailey's highly touted offensive game planning?

I honestly don't know. For the answer to that, we'd have to see the transcript from Chan Gailey's late night hunched-over, head-in-hands mumble-to-himself sessions.

I imagine it's something along the lines of, "Oh, sweet Jesus, what have I got myself into. No talent, no effort. I've made a terrible mistake!"

In that vein.

Edited by gringo starr

Once again, effectively the same team on the field as last year. How could you expect anything else?

This in no surprise. If you think this is the start of a rebuild you shrug your shoulders and wait for better days.

If you think this is not the start of a rebuild, you either get really pissed off or you give up ... or you act like a "real fan" and proclaim that the refs are screwing us and that's why we lost the first X games and we are surely going (16-X) and X for the season.

Edited by CodeMonkey

0 & 2 start.

Last in offense.

QB already benched.

Dead last in ESPN Power Rankings ... ESPN Power Ranking

Seriously what happened to Trent, Spiller, Roscoe on offense?

Defense creating turnovers?

Gailey's highly touted offensive game planning?

we played a super bowl quality team at for their home opener and stunk in week one with a new offense etc.

If we would have played Carolina and Rams we could be 2-0 and think everything is okay

One win at a time lets just get to 1-2

Once again, effectively the same team on the field as last year. How could you expect anything else?

This in no surprise. If you think this is the start of a rebuild you shrug your shoulders and wait for better days.

If you think this is not the start of a rebuild, you either get really pissed off or you give up ... or you act like a "real fan" and proclaim that the refs are screwing us and that's why we lost the first X games and we are surely going (16-X) and X for the season.

So, by having the same team on the field as last year, we should expect at least 6 wins? Or if you consider we were .500 under Fitzpatrick and there are 14 games remaining we should expect at least 7......

AND the Refs ARE screwing us!! Its all a conspiracy theory against the Buffalo Bills by the NFL, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny...

Yes, I'm being facetious. And your right, implementing new systems this will be a long rebuilding process (again) in which we need to find the talent to fit the new systems, which unfortunately our current cast does not.

Shobel is gone and not replaced. TO gone replace by Stevie Johnson. Brad Butler gone replace by Cornell Green.

Same team only worse.

Realistically, the promise of this season wasn't winning the Super Bowl or even getting a playoff berth. It was progress in several areas and a team that looked to be moving forward to be a real competitor in the next couple of years. I don't think 2 losses kill that promise.

Realistically, the promise of this season wasn't winning the Super Bowl or even getting a playoff berth. It was progress in several areas and a team that looked to be moving forward to be a real competitor in the next couple of years. I don't think 2 losses kill that promise.

Definitely not, and not even if we lose a third time in Foxboro, a game we should at least see our offense improve in.

Did anybody think that after losing to Miami our first win would be before we play the Jets?

Well, you take a bad team from last year, make it worse in many, many ways and better in exactly none.

What?! The Bills are last in offense?!?!?! OH MY GOD WHAT A GIGANTIC SURPRISE! WHO WOULD HAVE EVER SEEN THAT COMING?

Oh wait, absolutely everyone who follows football across the country (with the exception of the delusional few here) knew it would happen.