Trint surprised he was benched

b stein 22

“It surprised me,” Edwards said. “I understand it’s a business and we need a win and we need a spark and that’s what I was told by Chan. I told Chan I’m going to handle myself like a professional and get here every day and find a way to help this team win. That’s the bottom line. I’m not going to hang my head. I’m obviously frustrated and disappointed, but it’s a long season and things can change and I’ll still be ready to go.”

If Trent is surprised that he was benched, then he has to got to be the biggest idiot I have ever met. How can he not understand that you actually have to throw the ball downfield and take chances in order to keep your job in the NFL. Its like he puts no effort into playing and expects that what ever he does he will not be scrutinized for it. Thank god this guy is off the field. This guy also has Dick Jouron syndrome. ITs hard to be a QB in the NFL.

Full story

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Edwards-surprised-but-committed-to-team/228ba1e4-3a47-4696-8f01-5bb8e2d465d1?module=HP_headlines

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are unbelievable.

Of course the guy was surprised. He is being made the scapegoat for the whole offense. Fred Jackson's quote shows that Fred has a lot more class than Lee Evans.

Trent also showed a lot of class by saying how much he cares for "this team" and "this organization." Of course, the haters will make of it as they will.

Maybe one day when my kids have kids, the Buffalo Bills will recognize that we need to have an NFL quality offensive line and whoever the QB and RBs are at that time will be the beneficiaries. It has been freaken years since I was confident about our offensive line.

Just my two cents. Don't let me interrupt your circle jerk.

Of course the guy was surprised. He is being made the scapegoat for the whole offense. Fred Jackson's quote shows that Fred has a lot more class than Lee Evans.

Trent also showed a lot of class by saying how much he cares for "this team" and "this organization." Of course, the haters will make of it as they will.

Maybe one day when my kids have kids, the Buffalo Bills will recognize that we need to have an NFL quality offensive line and whoever the QB and RBs are at that time will be the beneficiaries. It has been freaken years since I was confident about our offensive line.

If you don't see an improvement from the QB position this week (ie. passes down field, making reads of the defense, pocket awareness) I'll agree with you.

Did you not watch him play or something. If he at least looked like he was trying out there I would not be so mad. Why cant he just dam through the fuking football. Its painful to watch him out there. He looks like he does not know what he is doing on the field.

""""You guys are unbelievable.

Of course the guy was surprised. He is being made the scapegoat for the whole offense,""""

SERIOUSLY!!!! Last play of the Miami game with a chance to win, did you jump up and yell, "Nice completion Trent!!", when he threw that perfect 8 yd completion. Or, where you like the rest of us that held our heads in our hands and mumbled, "Oh lordy, lordy, here we go again. This guy is a chickensh**t!!"

Guest dog14787

Thread started by the biggest circle jerk of all :lol:

Edited by dog14787

im kinda with you. here's why.

i've said it all along. all day and everyday. o line before qb!!!!!!

BUT

doesnt trent feel the pressure???? zero pocket awareness!!! many times im screaming at the the tv "DAMN TRENT DONT YOU FREAKING KNOW THE POCKET IS COLLAPSING. DONT YOU FEEL THE DAMN PRESSURE!!!!"

fitz may not be the option. but he's 100 times better than trent.

Of course the guy was surprised. He is being made the scapegoat for the whole offense.

A change HAS to be made. Can you change the entire offensive line in one week? This is what happens when offenses don't perform. The QB sits. That's football, Pete and you should know it.

You do understand that some QBs handle pressure better than others, right? Isn't it possible that a different QB could produce some different results with the same offense?

I don't think anyone believes the offense becomes dynamic under Fitz, but Chan has to try something and QB is the right place to start.

Forget the poor line for a moment. Do you honestly believe Trent has performed well so far this season? You think the starting QB slot belongs to him no matter how poorly he performs?

Guest dog14787

A change HAS to be made. Can you change the entire offensive line in one week? This is what happens when offenses don't perform. The QB sits. That's football, Pete and you should know it.

You do understand that some QBs handle pressure better than others, right? Isn't it possible that a different QB could produce some different results with the same offense?

I don't think anyone believes the offense becomes dynamic under Fitz, but Chan has to try something and QB is the right place to start.

Forget the poor line for a moment. Do you honestly believe Trent has performed well so far this season? You think the starting QB slot belongs to him no matter how poorly he performs?

I'm fairly convinced now TE must not be seeing the field properly and more importantly is not reacting up to speed with whats going on around him. I also thought it was odd Trent didn't even know how many times Mathews had sacked him after the game. How would you forget something like that, doesn't seem normal.

Well, so long as we're operating under the assumption that Trent would do fine behind the world's greatest offensive line, then I guess there's always a fallback rationale for why he doesn't play well.

I don't know of many quarterbacks who have "ideal" circumstances up front. Perhaps a few do, and perhaps they are the elite. But at this point, we just need competence from our quarterback.

And if he needs five supermen blocking for him just to achieve competency, then he's not that good. Period.