Trade for Kolb and other ideas

sharper802

I know another pathetic trade post...

Kolb looks like he has a future. I would trade a 2nd and Trent for Kolb, or a 3rd and Lynch/Spiller.

Next move Whitner or Mcgee plus a low round draft pick for Vincent Jackson

Draft a tackle, OLB, and a center next year.

As a bonus I would move Stroud and/or Kyle Williams for a draft pick next year. Let Carrington/McCargo and Troup play.

Lastly cut Kelsay and just start Maybin.

I like Kevin Kolb. Buffalo probably would have something of interest to the Eagles, i.e. Lynch.

Apparently the Browns already smell blood in the water.

However, being tortured in the Eagles media market as I have been, they won't trade Kolb until Vick and McCoy show they can repeat their performances from the Eagles/Lions game, now that the NFC East is much more open than previously thought before the season started. The Eagles have as much a shot as anybody now.

The switch and commitment to Vick is quite odd, and seems out of character for Andy Reid.

Seems like a good formula to actually take our team below rock bottom.

Kolb doesn't look like a Elite QB, nor does he show signs that he will be in the future. He has had three NFL starts. You can't just trade willy nilly because our QBs stink to high heaven.

Vincent Jackson would be an OK pickup for the right price.

Stockpiling a few draft picks for some vets could also work.. but you need to have a big picture in mind.

Maybin starting would be a terrible idea. A better one would be to put him on waivers. Did you see him play on Sunday? He is a liability on the team, not a benefit.

Look, the NFL isn't about making random trial-by-error experiments trying to see what works and what doesn't. You need to have a plan to rebuild, and it appears that Nix has a 2-3year plan in progress.

Edited by infernus

Kolb looks like he has a future. I would trade a 2nd and Trent for Kolb, or a 3rd and Lynch/Spiller.

As a bonus I would move Stroud and/or Kyle Williams for a draft pick next year. Let Carrington/McCargo and Troup play.

what the hell is this post?

kolb has a future??? he was just benched!!!!!

trade spiller??? when he gets on fire he will probably be the most exciting thing in buffalo since forever!!

trade stroud??? our best defensive lineman!!!!

lets trade all 53 players. why the hell not!!!

I agree with your last line but no team is going to give us picks for our crap.

Kolb doesn't look like a Elite QB, nor does he show signs that he will be in the future. He has had three NFL starts. You can't just trade willy nilly because our QBs stink to high heaven.

Stockpiling a few draft picks for some vets could also work.. but you need to have a big picture in mind.

Maybin starting would be a terrible idea. A better one would be to put him on waivers. Did you see him play on Sunday? He is a liability on the team, not a benefit.

Look, the NFL isn't about making random trial-by-error experiments trying to see what works and what doesn't. You need to have a plan to rebuild, and it appears that Nix has a 2-3year plan in progress.

There is no way he would play as poorly as Kelsay did last Sunday. At least he has speed and can catch up to someone where Kelsay is just an embarrassment.

Well I have to agree with your first line; another pathetic trade post.

I like Kevin Kolb. Buffalo probably would have something of interest to the Eagles, i.e. Lynch.

Apparently the Browns already smell blood in the water.

However, being tortured in the Eagles media market as I have been, they won't trade Kolb until Vick and McCoy show they can repeat their performances from the Eagles/Lions game, now that the NFC East is much more open than previously thought before the season started. The Eagles have as much a shot as anybody now.

The switch and commitment to Vick is quite odd, and seems out of character for Andy Reid.

Jesus Christmas!!!

Name a great team that was built with someone else's players. Name a trade that brought a team out of the depths of dispair to respectability. The only thing I can think of is when the Bills raped the 49ers in the OJ trade and when the Cowboys raped the Vikes in the Herschel Walker trade.

Be patient. Build through the draft.

Jesus Christmas!!!

Name a great team that was built with someone else's players. Name a trade that brought a team out of the depths of dispair to respectability. The only thing I can think of is when the Bills raped the 49ers in the OJ trade and when the Cowboys raped the Vikes in the Herschel Walker trade.

Be patient. Build through the draft.

The Bledsoe trade revitalized the Bills after a long playoff drought. Oh wait, no it didn't.

I agree. we are looking at 2-4 years b4 the Bills are any good again. Of course, by that time RW will be gone as will the franchise... sucks to be a bills fan, doesn't it?

Great post until I got to the part where you state "Nix has a 2-3 year plan in progress." He's had one FA period and one draft to upgrade the team. The fact of the matter the team is now worse than when Brandon was GM. He's neglected the teams two biggest needs in OT and QB, drafted Spiller when RB was one ofthe few strengths of the team, and his draft class looks to mediocre at best. If this is the plan for the next 2-3 years, then be prepared to surpass Detroit, LA, and Cleveland as the laughing stock of the NFL.

what the hell is this post?

kolb has a future??? he was just benched!!!!!

trade spiller??? when he gets on fire he will probably be the most exciting thing in buffalo since forever!!

trade stroud??? our best defensive lineman!!!!

lets trade all 53 players. why the hell not!!!

Oldest player on defense does not have enough life/time left in his career to see the team get better.

Kolb already has more 300 yard passing games than any QB on the team.

Spiller was meant to be Jackson..my bad no excuses

This has Rob Johnson written all over it. :bag:

By most accounts Kolb has a bright future ( heaven knows the pundits are never wrong ) He has been learning the position over the last few years and won the starting job and made McNabb expendable. I would have no problem with the Bills trading a 2nd round pick for him, I think the price will be higher than that but I guess we shall see. Everyone keeps saying how deep next years draft is at QB so I suppose it might be doable.

I think the eagles keep him until the trade deadline to see whether the Vick hot streak continues. They did just sign him to an extension that included a 10 mil + signing bonus. I am not sure how that plays out with a trade. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5148880

Early rumblings have Cleveland in the mix which might also drive the price up. In the above scenario,the question is: Is Kolb for a second round pick ( and maybe a player ) less risky than a spending a 1st rounder on a Qb next year. My guess is the answer is yes. Also to be considered, anyone the Bills draft next year might take a few years to develop into a solid QB. Kolb could provide that in a much shorter time frame.

This has Rob Johnson written all over it. :bag:

Fair enough. But past failure does not predict future performance. How much do you think the fact Mike Williams was a bust from Texas led to the team not taking an OT high or taking Maybin(Penn St.) over Orakpo(Texas)?

The QB and OT situation need to be addressed.

come on,the kid just got a concusion half way thru the game. looks like he is going to be injury prone,or at least gun shy

Based on what?

Great post until I got to the part where you state "Nix has a 2-3 year plan in progress." He's had one FA period and one draft to upgrade the team. The fact of the matter the team is now worse than when Brandon was GM. He's neglected the teams two biggest needs in OT and QB, drafted Spiller when RB was one ofthe few strengths of the team, and his draft class looks to mediocre at best. If this is the plan for the next 2-3 years, then be prepared to surpass Detroit, LA, and Cleveland as the laughing stock of the NFL.

Newsflash... The Bills have already been surpassed by Detroit, lost to Cleveland two years in a row, and Oakland (assume that is what you meant by LA) has much more talent. The Bills are the laughing stock. Even St. Louis has a new QB to gush about. The only team that will be laughed at more will be the NY Jets as I predict the wheels will start coming off real soon.

The Bledsoe trade revitalized the Bills after a long playoff drought. Oh wait, no it didn't.

Exactly.

The Boner Trust in charge at OBD thought it brilliant to trade a #1 pick to the rival Pats for their old goods.

Then, a mere 2 years later thought it prudent to spend ANOTHER 1st round pick on the now failed JP Losman.

Funny, but I think the Modrak defenders are idiots. I mean, there looked to be a plan: McGahee at RB, Losman at QB, Evans at WR, Williams at Tackle. But you have 3 busts of 1st rounders, and 1 who is a solid #2 receiver on a team without a true #1 wideout and you can kind of get the sense that our scouting has been terrible.

Newsflash... The Bills have already been surpassed by Detroit, lost to Cleveland two years in a row, and Oakland (assume that is what you meant by LA) has much more talent. The Bills are the laughing stock. Even St. Louis has a new QB to gush about. The only team that will be laughed at more will be the NY Jets as I predict the wheels will start coming off real soon.

Hey- we're finally the best at something!