"TOP DOG".....headline philly newspaper...

papazoid

Guest dog14787

Great for publicity, but in very poor taste in my opinion. I erased a whole Mike Vick thread a few days ago when after thinking about it I realized some of my comments were in poor taste.

Philster dropping in on my profile (never saying anything) reminded me there are folks out there that take the Michael Vick situation personally and very seriously.

While I don't share the same views/feelings, I respect where he's coming from.

As someone who has owned a AmStaff Terrior (aka Pit Bull) I think Vick is scum. I like the headline in the Daily News, I just wish it was about how he had worked his way to the top of the sociopath hierarchy in max security prision, and not that he was again a starting QB. Luckily, before long he will show why he was on his way out of the NFL as a QB even before the dog mutilation and murder charges he went away on.

I would never condone fighting dogs, but don't find that to be the really scary part of what he was doing. Slamming a dog to death by hand and electrocuting them with a hose and lose wires for fun, which he personally took part in, is what makes me cheer for bad things to happen to him everytime he steps on the field. Maybe now that he's starting some NFL defender will sieze the opportunity to pick him up and slam him into the ground until he dies too.

As someone who has owned a AmStaff Terrior (aka Pit Bull) I think Vick is scum. I like the headline in the Daily News, I just wish it was about how he had worked his way to the top of the sociopath hierarchy in max security prision, and not that he was again a starting QB. Luckily, before long he will show why he was on his way out of the NFL as a QB even before the dog mutilation and murder charges he went away on.

I would never condone fighting dogs, but don't find that to be the really scary part of what he was doing. Slamming a dog to death by hand and electrocuting them with a hose and lose wires for fun, which he personally took part in, is what makes me cheer for bad things to happen to him everytime he steps on the field. Maybe now that he's starting some NFL defender will sieze the opportunity to pick him up and slam him into the ground until he dies too.

Trouble is, the chances that said defender is also involved in dogfighting is much higher than the chances that he's some avid animal lover or even a decent human being. Sorry, Mike Vick was just the guy that got caught. Guaranteed, there are dozens of other NFLers who are fighting dogs right now, as we sit here and type.

Basically what the article's existence proves is that this world is composed of more people who hate animal protectors than those who hate animal torturers. If we treated sick, abusive human beings the same way we treat those who stand up for the rights of the defenseless, the sheer weight of such a change would spin the earth directly off its axis. We are a cruel, hateful, and most importantly lazy species who is fascinated and enthralled by its most heinous members and simultaneously seeking out our weakest members to harass and emulate our monstrous heroes with. Face it, what Mike Vick did, about 80-90% of this human species has absolutely no problem with, in fact you wanna see pictures of it. The rest of us find ourselves trapped here with you.

Edited by TheChimp