Lets draft another flashy running back for 2011

Failure was evident from the start for Gailey. He is a POOR evaluator of talent, obvious when he wasn't starting McKelvin probably the Bills best defender not to mention he thought the QB and LT could handle the position for another year. This is a horrible position for someone who cannot recognize a good player from a poor one. He is not the right coach for the Bills and I hope this is recognized right away. Giving ANY credit at all to him this is a bad team for him to manage but in that case they need to hire someone NEW to help evaluate talent coming in. That is TRYING my best to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Failure was evident from the start for Gailey. He is a POOR evaluator of talent, obvious when he wasn't starting McKelvin probably the Bills best defender not to mention he thought the QB and LT could handle the position for another year. This is a horrible position for someone who cannot recognize a good player from a poor one. He is not the right coach for the Bills and I hope this is recognized right away. Giving ANY credit at all to him this is a bad team for him to manage but in that case they need to hire someone NEW to help evaluate talent coming in. That is TRYING my best to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Bill Cowher or any other coach for that matter would not have us at 2-0 right now. It's all about how we finish the season, and all of year 2. After that I think we can make our judgements on if he's right for the job or not.

Jim Schwartz won two games his first year. Now everyone on here wants us to be like the Lions.

Edited by Drew026

I certainly understand your frustration as a Bills fan. I have been very critical of the Gailey hire. I truly believe he has been horrific after two games. I stand by those comments. However, I think your characterization of Gailey is a bit unfair. He was wrong with TE, no doubt about it and possibly incorrect with regards to other players on the team. However, no coach can 100% correctly evaluate players. Also, he has inherited a team with some many needs. Only the delusional posters here ( there are plenty) would and could think the Bills could be 10-6, 9-7, or 8-8. Lots and lots of unknown variables like the inner workings of management. To consider firing him after two games is really jumping the gun. I can say after two games he is doing a great job of displaying why he should get fired. This won't get better anytime soon. At the end of the season, we will have more knowledge to make an informed decision on whether this new regime floundered for a year or actually made substantial progress.

Edited by mpl6876

You think he didn't know his QB and O-line were gonna suck? You think he didn't know the needs of the team any better than you? You think he had total control over off-season/draft acquisitions?

He gave the guys that won the jobs through their play on the field (in practice and pre-season) the starting jobs. That is a positive, not something to chastise Gailey for.

As much as I like Buddy Nix, I think there was a bit of arrogance on his part in passing up on Tim Tebow and Jimmy Clausen. It was obvious to every Bills fan in the country that our QB of the future was not on the roster. It should have been obvious to a guy who was in our scouting department last season, and to Modrak who has watched these guys play over the past couple years. There is always a chance that guys like Tebow and Clausen don't pan out as NFL QB's, but there are no certainties in this league.

It would have showed the fans that they mean business by cleaning house a bit more. Trent needed a fresh start somewhere else, and we all knew that. We could have let Fitz or Brohm take over this season with a new QB on the bench developing his skills and watching the pro game. But we opted not to do that. We could have added a receiver to the mix after losing TO, but we opted not to do that. We could have drafted an OT in the first three rounds of the draft, but we decided against that. Pretty odd to not address the needs of one of the worst offenses in the league last season. Especially since touchdowns are what puts fans in the seats.

I certainly hope the decisions from this point forward get better. I'm not ready to start pointing fingers at the head coach or GM again quite yet.