Bright spot stat so far this year

Not sure anyone's noticed, but the Bills have given up the 6th most carries in the NFL this year and are still 10th in the league against the rush (YPC). This despite playing five defensive back almost every play vs. Green Bay and going up against a pretty good running team in Miami. Hey I'm just looking for something here...

Not sure anyone's noticed, but the Bills have given up the 6th most carries in the NFL this year and are still 10th in the league against the rush (YPC). This despite playing five defensive back almost every play vs. Green Bay and going up against a pretty good running team in Miami. Hey I'm just looking for something here...

I noticed their Run D was stout against the Fish and the first half looked solid Vs the Pack. Our DE...LBs got exploited in coverage this weekend though...but I don't wanna go there. I'm with you Metz!!!

I noticed their Run D was stout against the Fish and the first half looked solid Vs the Pack. Our DE...LBs got exploited in coverage this weekend though...but I don't wanna go there. I'm with you Metz!!!

I feel the same way about the running game but it comes at the cost of coverage. I think the run defense will get only better once we replace williams and stroud with troup and carringtion.

Except for lack of pass rush, the defense looked pretty solid. Things are looking up.

you are quite right and we shouldn't lose sight of this. The 3-4 defense is showing signs of improvment pretty consistently. I think we have to focus on getting the other team OFF the field and there is plenty of room for improvement, but everything you say is true and frankly quite heartening.

The bright spot for me is there are only 14 games left in the season!

:thumbsup:

you are quite right and we shouldn't lose sight of this. The 3-4 defense is showing signs of improvment pretty consistently. I think we have to focus on getting the other team OFF the field and there is plenty of room for improvement, but everything you say is true and frankly quite heartening.

Fire Gailey, dammit. He's retarded. At least that's essentially what you said in another thread where you said you saw no progress.

Edited by todd

This team is about a thousand times better against the run this year than last.

Consider too that if the offense didn't leave the defense on the field for double the amount of plays and in horrid field position, the defense could be a lot better stat-wise.

IF we just had a pass rush.... But I agree the Run D has gotten better...