Vick

Now i am the first one to think what he did off the field was horrible. I have two awesome dogs myself. And i lived here in Atl, and watched how he almost single handedly brought down the Falcons. Petrino helped.

But after watching him some the first two games, he seems to still have the talent. It looks like he is also being coached up by Reid and his staff.

Vick is saying all the right things. In an interview yesterday, he said all he wants is a chance to be a starter for a team next year.

With him and Spiller in the backfield. You could spend your first couple picks on OL, maybe start to have something. Vick is still young.

Thoughts? and please focus on talent people.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about this all day, and I agree. Vick has more talent than our current three QBs combined and is a huge asset to whatever team he's on. He would do well scrambling behind an average/below-average O line and would free up an early draft pick for a beastly lineman. Vick isn't a long term solution for the Bills, but he's an instant upgrade and makes us a wild card contender over night.

But I would take it a step further. Could we pick him up in the next couple weeks before the trade deadline? I realize we'd need to pick up his contract from Philly, but at this point that seems like a small price to pay to make us competitive before the season is too out of hand. If Philly wants Lynch for Vick, they can have him.

Just my two cents!

Even if we want him, he probably doesn't want us. With every good game he plays (does anyone doubt that he will eventually replace Kolb permanently this season?), his offseason options increase. Most notably, if the Eagles want him as a starter next season, he probably will feel a loyalty to them.

If you look at it, there are 4 teams that most likely want a new qb next year. Oakland, Arizona, Cleveland, and the Bills. In the draft there are really only 3 picks. As a Bills fan, what do you wish for? A bad year, and a possible homerun qb, or a decent year and move up or pick a good OT? That is Buffalo's options now so only time will tell.

It's the perfect time to suck and pick a stud in the draft. Unfortunately, the Bills front office/ownership is a joke, there may be no football next year and if they get lucky and draft the right guy he won't want to come to buffalo-

I am all about the Oline. You could draft your LT with your top ten pick.

Then come back in 2012 and draft a qb in the second or third round to groom for a year.

I just want to win. Vick is exciting and he is a proven winner. He has a good winning percentage. And he would give you the chance to start winning next year. Not another few years of developing another qb and maybe winning in three years from now.

If you look at it, there are 4 teams that most likely want a new qb next year. Oakland, Arizona, Cleveland, and the Bills. In the draft there are really only 3 picks. As a Bills fan, what do you wish for? A bad year, and a possible homerun qb, or a decent year and move up or pick a good OT? That is Buffalo's options now so only time will tell.

If we're going to suck might as well suck to the best of our ability and land a franchise QB in the draft next year. Keep in mind the FA Offensive linemen class is pretty deep next year. Having said that signing 1 or 2 there plus drafting a couple more will go a long way to not only fixing our problems but making it a position of strength. Another scenario I would love to see happen is sign Vick in FA, sign a RT and RG in FA, move Wood to Center, and draft a franchise LT in the 1st round next year. Problem solved.

Edited by nader

If we're going to suck might as well suck to the best of our ability and land a franchise QB in the draft next year. Keep in mind the FA Offensive linemen class is pretty deep next year. Having said that signing 1 or 2 there plus drafting a couple more will go a long way to not only fixing our problems but making it a position of strength. Another scenario I would love to see happen is sign Vick in FA, sign a RT and RG in FA, move Wood to Center, and draft a franchise LT in the 1st round next year. Problem solved.

Bingo!

Vick or another legit proven pro qb allows you to draft your LT. And then go out and draft a qb in 2012. Do what Green Bay did with Rodgers. Allow him to develope and sit for a year or two.

Now i am the first one to think what he did off the field was horrible. I have two awesome dogs myself. And i lived here in Atl, and watched how he almost single handedly brought down the Falcons. Petrino helped.

But after watching him some the first two games, he seems to still have the talent. It looks like he is also being coached up by Reid and his staff.

Vick is saying all the right things. In an interview yesterday, he said all he wants is a chance to be a starter for a team next year.

With him and Spiller in the backfield. You could spend your first couple picks on OL, maybe start to have something. Vick is still young.

Thoughts? and please focus on talent people.

OK. Your talent as a spin doctor are not very good. Vick is a despicable human being, and anyone who even passively condones his behavior, for which he has still offered NO apologies or penance, in my opinion is capable of doing exactly what he did and should get hit by the same bus. How's that?

OK. Your talent as a spin doctor are not very good. Vick is a despicable human being, and anyone who even passively condones his behavior, for which he has still offered NO apologies or penance, in my opinion is capable of doing exactly what he did and should get hit by the same bus. How's that?

I hope Vick breaks his legs this season. Then they can take him out back and treat him like he treated his dogs that lost and couldn't fight anymore.

OK.

First was not trying to be a 'spin doctor'

I guess you have never made a mistake? or did something bad.

look, i asked about his talent.

I am not going to get into religion or even the human nature, but if neither one of you can forgive a man, expect the same treatment out of life.

Oh and once again, i think what he did to those animals was disgusting. He was judged by man here on earth, and if you are a religious person, then you know it is not up to us to judge him past that.

Regardles of that, is he better then what the Bills have talent wise now.

And is he more of a proven talent then a first rounder in next years draft?