Fezmid

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might get it on Steam

What does that mean?

I ordered it. My 8 year old daughter and I enjoy playing it. It'll be interesting to see how it works in parallels on my Mac. I'm hoping I don't have to install it in bootcamp but I will if I have to. This is the first time I've used any Windows program on my Mac in years but I can't wait for the port.

What does that mean?

I ordered it. My 8 year old daughter and I enjoy playing it. It'll be interesting to see how it works in parallels on my Mac. I'm hoping I don't have to install it in bootcamp but I will if I have to. This is the first time I've used any Windows program on my Mac in years but I can't wait for the port.

Steam is just a program/service that you can just download the game instead of going out and buying the disc. Just have to download the client. Works great. Here you go

Steam is just a program/service that you can just download the game instead of going out and buying the disc. Just have to download the client. Works great. Here you go

Thanks. Great site.

My daughter and I like the Civ tech map but for most games, I have no interest in the disc.

Thanks. Great site.

My daughter and I like the Civ tech map but for most games, I have no interest in the disc.

A good advantage to getting games on Steam is that you don't have to patch them yourself. It gets done automatically.

This is the first time I've used any Windows program on my Mac in years but I can't wait for the port.

Or you could install Windows (or any other OS) within OS X (or any other OS) and run whatever programs on whatever OS you want on whatever platform you want (provided you have a license for whatever OS/Software you want to run)

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VirtualBox

A good advantage to getting games on Steam is that you don't have to patch them yourself. It gets done automatically.

Another advantage is that you can install Steam on as many computers as you want, and thus install Civ 5 (or any other game) on any of those computers. You can't play them both at the same time, but it's great if you have a desktop and a laptop. :)

!@#$... :)

I haven't played one of these games in forever. Downloaded the demo today, played it to it's limit, and now downloading the full game that I just purchased online. There goes $50 and any productivity I'll see for months.

I'll have to resist even downloading the demo until my class is done... 4 more weeks. Unfortunately, that's the same time Fallout: New Vegas comes out....

!@#$... :)

I haven't played one of these games in forever. Downloaded the demo today, played it to it's limit, and now downloading the full game that I just purchased online. There goes $50 and any productivity I'll see for months.

Are you going to run it on a desktop or laptop? Kinda want to play it on my laptop but its underpowered to play games usually. I'm wondering how graphics intensive Civ 5 is. I'm just using a Inspiron 1545