Penny Smart Dollar Stupid

evanstoprobowl

After years picking up the bottom of the barrel players from other teams, playing cheap with the players we do develop, and hiring second rate coaches the Bills have finally reached a tipping point. I was as dedicated as a fan can be but I won't waste another Sunday watching this mess. A few million spent wisely would have insured a fan base worth tens of millions. When the Bills learn to focus on developing an NFL offensive and defensive line I will be back, but I won't hold my breath.

I used to end my post with go Bills. It seems like a joke now.

Edited by evanstoprobowl

Yes, john guy is gone. now we need to get rid of modrak.

I like Nix, Whaley, and Gailey. I think we have a better front office and coaching staff.

Heck- if this was a Mauron led team, we'd be stuck w/the underperforming Edwards for another 6 weeks....

Gailey gave Edwards 2 games, nothing improved. Time to make a change. What's to lose?

My money for 2010 is already spent so I might as well drink heavily and watch. There probably won't be any football in 2011 anyway.

PTR

Yes, john guy is gone. now we need to get rid of modrak.

I like Nix, Whaley, and Gailey. I think we have a better front office and coaching staff.

Heck- if this was a Mauron led team, we'd be stuck w/the underperforming Edwards for another 6 weeks....

Gailey gave Edwards 2 games, nothing improved. Time to make a change. What's to lose?

Seriously, I know you have a bug up your ass for Modrak but firing him isn't going to solve anything right now.

PTR

Just remember we are a QB away from being competitive. I know that's not an easy fix nor an easy thing to find. We will draft a QB next year and start an up swing.

We have far more needs than just a QB. A more stable O-line, better ends, and a decent pass rush. When we meet all those things, then we might be competitive.

We have far more needs than just a QB. A more stable O-line, better ends, and a decent pass rush. When we meet all those things, then we might be competitive.

Nope, a QB is all we need to be competitive. Those other things are what make you a contender, but you only need a QB to be competitive, then and only then can you begin to understand what you need to become a contender. Just look at what all the teams that finally find their franchise guy have done.

Nope, a QB is all we need to be competitive. Those other things are what make you a contender, but you only need a QB to be competitive, then and only then can you begin to understand what you need to become a contender. Just look at what all the teams that finally find their franchise guy have done.

We need to build an offensive line first. I can't understand why they did'nt adress this in the draft. Sure Spiller is a nice weapon, but he's useless stuck on the bench because we already have a ton of talent at RB. I've never seen a team so loaded at RB that teams are picking up our cuts and practice squad backs. We could have traded one and gained some draft picks, or a lineman. Wood and Levitre are nice, but i don't know if they even start on some teams, in fact I don't know if any of lineman would be starters on some teams.

You're delusional if you think that any rookie QB (No matter how good he may be)is gonna step in behind this porous OL and perform miracles. This team needs two bonafide OT's before they can begin to be competitive. And if you watched Finley this past week burn the Bills repeatedly you'd know that we have no linebackers that can cover either....

You're delusional if you think that any rookie QB (No matter how good he may be)is gonna step in behind this porous OL and perform miracles. This team needs two bonafide OT's before they can begin to be competitive. And if you watched Finley this past week burn the Bills repeatedly you'd know that we have no linebackers that can cover either....

I could be wrong but I think the true distinction that should be made is that you're right in that the Bills need far more than just a Franchise QB, but many of us are tired of watching an inept offense that continues to struggle so mightily, because honestly, with a competent Offense, we'd be 1-1, and maybe 2-0, probably not, but the second half is when the Packers piled on the points, going into the second half it was 13-7. With an Offense that could keep the Defense off the field and NOT turn the freakin ball over, it makes a difference Defensively as well....so, I think a Franchise QB makes this Offense, BETTER, but not perfect, the O-line needs help but can be serviceable with a QB who can make good decisions it will make all the difference in how the Offense performs and thereby improving how well the Defense can play as they will be better late in the game, getting more rest...

After years picking up the bottom of the barrel players from other teams, playing cheap with the players we do develop, and hiring second rate coaches the Bills have finally reached a tipping point. I was as dedicated as a fan can be but I won't waste another Sunday watching this mess. A few million spent wisely would have insured a fan base worth tens of millions. When the Bills learn to focus on developing an NFL offensive and defensive line I will be back, but I won't hold my breath.

I used to end my post with go Bills. It seems like a joke now.

Sure...you will be sitting in front of your TV at 1pm watching just like everyone else in Buffalo...don't be a forum gangsta

I could be wrong but I think the true distinction that should be made is that you're right in that the Bills need far more than just a Franchise QB, but many of us are tired of watching an inept offense that continues to struggle so mightily, because honestly, with a competent Offense, we'd be 1-1, and maybe 2-0, probably not, but the second half is when the Packers piled on the points, going into the second half it was 13-7. With an Offense that could keep the Defense off the field and NOT turn the freakin ball over, it makes a difference Defensively as well....so, I think a Franchise QB makes this Offense, BETTER, but not perfect, the O-line needs help but can be serviceable with a QB who can make good decisions it will make all the difference in how the Offense performs and thereby improving how well the Defense can play as they will be better late in the game, getting more rest...

You are wrong. Terribly wrong. This offensive line would simply get ANY rookie QB KILLED. When are you people going to learn that you need two (2) competent tackles to play the game of football? This team has NONE. Understand, I am certainly not against drafting a franchise QB BUT 2 new decent tackles are a must... Ours plain suck...

I completely understand your frustration. Nevertheless, I will continue to watch the games, but will continue to get sick to my stomach every time I watch our aptly named "offensive" line fail to protect the QB and open up holes in the run game-- especially in comparison what I see from opposing teams lines (of course, it does not help that our defensive line is not very good).

After years picking up the bottom of the barrel players from other teams, playing cheap with the players we do develop, and hiring second rate coaches the Bills have finally reached a tipping point. I was as dedicated as a fan can be but I won't waste another Sunday watching this mess. A few million spent wisely would have insured a fan base worth tens of millions. When the Bills learn to focus on developing an NFL offensive and defensive line I will be back, but I won't hold my breath. I used to end my post with go Bills. It seems like a joke now.
Edited by Peter