2011 Draft

Kurt Warner

This franchise has been in need of a QB for 20 years. We've had Peters, Dockery, Brown, and a plethora of solid OL over the years and 0 playoff wins. A great OL can block all it wants, but if the QB pats the ball for 20 seconds, he's going to get sacked regardless.

To say this is a QB league is beyond a cliche at this point, but it's true. The days of run the ball and stop the run are over. We need major playmakers on offense to compete in this league. We need a top-shelf QB (not another 3rd round project), a top WR..and yes, a crapload of OL help.

The more I think of it, I probably wouldn't draft a defensive player in this upcoming draft until the 5th or 6th round, if at all.

So yes, if we're in love with Mallett, and have the chance to draft him, then I'd draft him w/o even twitching a pubic hair. quality OL can be easily found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of a draft, it's more of a crap shoot with QB's.

I wish we were this bad last year...oh Bradford...

bobo, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. My point is DEFINITELY get the top rated QB overall. That honestly is a no brainer.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY PROTECT THE KID. SPEND MONEY. GO GET A FREE AGENT TACKLE AND PAY WHAT YOU HAVE TO.

and if we get Mallot or whoever will be the top QB "quality" in the 2nd or third round is not good enough. It is not nearly good enough. Do that with your LBs and receivers, but not for the guys you want protecting your franchise QB.

Do we really, really want this kid to be getting his feet wet in the NFL by running for his life and getting smacked to the ground like piece a meat?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: corrected, based upon Bradford's money. Considering that this guy will be guaranteed more money than any Buffalo sports figure ever, now, or quite possibly in the future as well (highly doubt we guarantee a FA or one of our veterans that amount every again), I guess they should probably invest a little bit in protecting him.

I don't know, though, maybe I'm just a little whacky that way.

Wrong. Vanek got more. Hockey money is guaranteed.