Which came first - the Fitz or Clausen announcement?

LGB

Okay, both happened this afternoon, but I'll bet OBD did not want to have to live through Jimmy Clausen having a better game this weekend than TE after passing on him in the second round. Yea, they took "their guy" Spiller, but in the second, there was Clausen just sitting there...with his cocky demeanor and "persnickety smirkness" knocked down just a bit after being passed on by every team. Didn't Jim Kelly also have a linebacker mentality that rubbed some people the wrong way?

OBD is already living through Javid Best - and the night and day better performance he has on Spiller playing for the 0-2 Lions. Maybin instead of Clay Matthews...no real help on the OL...etc...yeah hindsight is great and it might be too early to tell what decision was best, but one thing is for sure: the Bills have had a way too long of a period of bad decisions that have led to bad performances and sub .500 records. Just when you think the Bills have finally hit bottom, they just keep finding a way to go lower and lower.

Clausen might be a complete bust, who knows? But you have to seriously question Nix's ability to assemble an NFL roster. Any casual Bills fan could clearly see Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm were not capable starters last year. The reward far far exceeded any risk with Clausen in the second round. And the guy they picked in Troup looks to be nothing special. What a dysfunctional inept mess.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

Clausen hasnt done anything he's like 5-14 for 59 yards. They're as desperate as we are. The Bills arent the only ones to pass on Clausen many teams did.....imagine if we took him at 9? You think we're laughingstocks now? Trust me even if we hadn't picked CJ someone else would've long before Best. And most agree while being a "luxury" pick CJ is one of the best players in the draft. Btw the Clausen announcement came a couple hours before the Fitz announcement. I truly doubt one had anything to do with the other. I do think things are looking up for the Lions. I'd rather be 0-2 their way than ours. Best was a great pick for them. At least they're in games and fighting and erasing years of bad drafting much like we are or should I say want to be. Rome wasn't built in a day. Btw did anyone notice that Shaun Hill (who?) passed for a net 335 yards? A guy most barely know passed for 335 yards as a backup and had his team right there to win in the end. Yes he threw two picks. Hell I'd have taken those same two picks Sunday if it meant we took the Pack down to the wire even if we lost........

Okay, both happened this afternoon, but I'll bet OBD did not want to have to live through Jimmy Clausen having a better game this weekend than TE after passing on him in the second round. Yea, they took "their guy" Spiller, but in the second, there was Clausen just sitting there...with his cocky demeanor and "persnickety smirkness" knocked down just a bit after being passed on by every team. Didn't Jim Kelly also have a linebacker mentality that rubbed some people the wrong way?

OBD is already living through Javid Best - and the night and day better performance he has on Spiller playing for the 0-2 Lions. Maybin instead of Clay Matthews...no real help on the OL...etc...yeah hindsight is great and it might be too early to tell what decision was best, but one thing is for sure: the Bills have had a way too long of a period of bad decisions that have led to bad performances and sub .500 records. Just when you think the Bills have finally hit bottom, they just keep finding a way to go lower and lower.

Wow, that's some kind of conspiracy theory! I'd like to hear your ideas about the JFK assassination someday. :flirt:

I love how Maybin instead of Orakpo has turned ino Maybin instead of Mathews. In behavioral finance, we call that highendsight bias!

Good point LGB. We drafted a QB anyway, why not pick one that could have potentially made a difference.

I understand the hindsight bias comment, however, if there are plenty of examples of a similar need being addressed much better and where plenty of reasonable people were advocating for those options it just strikes me as a truly poor decision!

Right, I said hindsight is great...and why would the Bills come out and show their hand instead of waiting until the end of the week (after NE game-planed for TE) to announce that Fitz is starting?

Maybe because it makes sense to have the man you plan to be your starting QB practice with the starters? Is that really so hard to understand?