Vick 20/33 283 yds 2 TD 0 INT

Hello filthy mcnasty! Your Ron Mexico name, the ultimate disguise, is Big Boy Palestine.

(You are aware this was against Detroit, yes? Last season's 2-14 Detroit Lions...just sayin'...)

Please....speak for yourself, and don't try shoving your own beliefs down anyone elses throat! <_<

I'm sure you invoke this 'doctrine of forgiveness when it conveniently suits your needs.

Your church is your own business - mine says, 'An eye for an eye.'

Buddy, I don't know what you're talking about. Honestly.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vick was good, no doubt, Sunday.

However, similar to the Seahawks and Pete Carroll in week 1, he benefited greatly from the Lions not having any tape on him for four years. You can't glean a thing from his spot starts with the Eagles. The Lions were limited in game planning Vick with very little to go on.

Should Vick start next week, his stats will look different. Just as Seattle looked different with the Broncos having a week of film to study on Carroll and Company.

He held dogs' heads under water while they struggled for air until they were dead because they lost fights. He threw them down onto concrete repeatedly until they were dead. He ELECTROCUTED them until they were dead. !@#$ him, !@#$ his apology, and !@#$ winning a game of football if it means having him be the QB.

He's sorry? He's sorry he got caught.

Who said he doesn't? I have a right to make a living too - that doesn't mean every accounting firm I interview with is obligated to hire me.

Yes clearly I'm a worse person than Vick. Go pour gasoline on yourself.

You're not a worse person than Vick. What he did was pretty despicable. But here's a newsflash. The NFL is not PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Marv drafted Marshawn Lynch, who is full of character issues. There is plenty of evidence that the Steelers' QB is a rapist. A Ravens WR killed someone while driving with a BAC that is twice the legal limit. A Rams Defensive End not only killed mother of two driving drunk, he got caught driving drunk twice more after that. There is mounting evidence against Ray Lewis for aiding and abetting murder.

If you expect the NFL to be comprised of upstanding citizens, it's a good thing you're sticking with your job as a bean-counter :)

When all else fails, bust out the lame "he has the right to make a living" straw-man point. What does that even mean? Who said he doesn't? I have a right to make a living too - that doesn't mean every accounting firm I interview with is obligated to hire me.

If an accounting firm does or doesn't want to hire you do you expect to have people picketing and lobbying against you going back to work after you served your time? If you drove drunk and harmed ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS would you expect to have a mob of torch wielding moral superiors raling against your hire if you served your time, went to jail and paid your dues?

Some NFL teams WANT to hire him and I suspect many more will after his performance Sunday. The issue is that the "some are beyond redemption holier than thou crowd" don't want companies( nfl teams) to hire him and let the guy go back to work.

I don't approve of what Vick did, but we don't need high character players, we need winners. Also, at this point, I don't see Vick going off and doing anything else to put his future in jeapardy. He can run like a mother******, which can only help a quarterback with our line. I disagree with the posters arguing that he wouldn't upgrade this team. He wouldn't be as strong as he is in Philly, but he would be an immediate upgrade and a locker room leader. I say we monopolize on Reid's stupidity if we can.

It's just plain ignorant to not see that he is remorseful and has paid for his crimes, is trying to make amends and rebuild his life. Claiming that he is not allows people like you to continue to be judgmental, morally superior and "holier than thou". All of the smug superiority with none of the compassion. You are a disgrace. I have seen this BS tactic many times before. Instead of accepting his apology and remorse they claim that it is not good enough so they can continue to sit high on their throne of judgment in their glass house and never have to "forgive".

Perhaps people like you fear the real test of their faith which isn't aspiring to a high moral standard but forgiving others when they are not as strong and fail to do so.

Before you make the next tired ridiculous claim I do think what he did was terrible. I don't want to go out with the guy and have beers, joke around and slap each other on the back. I DO think he has every right to rebuild his life and excel at his chosen profession which is football.

youtube.com/watch?v=XzytivQsPGI

No, he doesn't have the right to excel at his chosen profession, which is football. Michael Vick, in fact, is a convicted felon. Every company in the USA has the right and excercises that right to ask on their applications if you have ever been covicted of a felony, and then that company has the right to choose not to hire that convicted felon for that reason, if they choose not to. I'm not saying he does not deserve to be forgiven, or to try and find employment. Although he no longer has the right to vote as a convicted felon, he is still an American citizen, and every American citizen deserves the chance to work, if a company will hire him.

However, I said it when Vick was on the news every day when he came out of prison, and I will say it to you again now. The NFL had an opportunity to clean up it's act by drawing the line and not allowing convicted felons back in. That's it, just the convicted felons that have to serve time in jail or prison.

The NFL has that right, and they should have taken advantage of it by voting that rule in while Vick was sitting in prison trying to figure out why torturing and killing dogs was so important to him. And it's not just because he was convicted of illegal dog fighting. How about being convicted of carrying an unlicensed fire arm into a public bar and it being so blantanly illegal you have to go to jail for it? Bang - conviceted felon, goodbye and have a nice life, Plaxico. And let's not forget Donte Stallworth, being convicted of "accidental 3rd degree manslaughter" or something like that, but yet still having to go to prison for killing a man with his car. Couldn't cut a plea deal to stay out of the big house Donte? Oh well, good luck finding a job with that felony on your record. Hey, it might have made the poor framily of that innocent man who lost his life feel a tiny bit better anyway!!

As fare as pure athleticism goes, he's the best I have ever seen. I picked him as an example of something that was probably available this past off season, and we didn't make a play at it.

The last scrambling QB we had sure did add a ton of excitement to things. I agree with new regimes coming in and "installing" their way of approaching the game.....but he would have been the best QB for us to cover the gap between skeletor and Chan with good play, experience and who knows what else...

It requires imagination and out of the box thinking.....2 things that 94 year old meddlesome owners tend not to have.

No, he doesn't have the right to excel at his chosen profession, which is football. Michael Vick, in fact, is a convicted felon.

Come on buddy. You're trying to split hairs. IF a team hires him he has the right to excel at his chosen profession. Is that clear enough for you? People are still railing against him AFTER he has been hired and is pursuing excellence in his profession.

And let's not forget Donte Stallworth, being convicted of "accidental 3rd degree manslaughter" or something like that, but yet still having to go to prison for killing a man with his car. Couldn't cut a plea deal to stay out of the big house Donte? Oh well, good luck finding a job with that felony on your record. Hey, it might have made the poor framily of that innocent man who lost his life feel a tiny bit better anyway!!

Perfect example. Stallworth KILLS a human being and it was a minor speed bump in the sports media. Somehow Vick is still front page news? I guess nobody cares when a human being of hispanic decent dies an unnecessary death. Where are the people and their moral high horses on that one? I will never understand the wacko's that put such a low value on human life and could care less yet lose their minds when an animal is treated badly.

A human dies. Who cares, go on about your day. Hell even make jokes about it. An animal dies and people take days off from work, picket, rail about it at the water cooler. This world is upside down.

Edited by PDaDdy

You're not a worse person than Vick. What he did was pretty despicable. But here's a newsflash. The NFL is not PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Marv drafted Marshawn Lynch, who is full of character issues. There is plenty of evidence that the Steelers' QB is a rapist. A Ravens WR killed someone while driving with a BAC that is twice the legal limit. A Rams Defensive End not only killed mother of two driving drunk, he got caught driving drunk twice more after that. There is mounting evidence against Ray Lewis for aiding and abetting murder.

If you expect the NFL to be comprised of upstanding citizens, it's a good thing you're sticking with your job as a bean-counter :)

Again you seem to be arguing a point I'm not making (which Vick apologists seem to love doing for whatever reason). I'm not asking or expecting him to be banned for life or whatever. I just wouldn't want him on my team.

If an accounting firm does or doesn't want to hire you do you expect to have people picketing and lobbying against you going back to work after you served your time?

After I served my time for what? I didn't murder and torture anyone over years and years.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make by mentioning "morally superior" and "holier than thou" a dozen times like he shoplifted a pack of gum. You forgot to use "high horse" - that would really be a winning internet argument if you threw in another tired cliche!

Yes I totally agree I am morally superior to Michael Vick if that's what you want to hear.

Edited by BuffOrange

Buddy, I don't know what you're talking about. Honestly.

Michael Vick Hit With Sex Suit - Woman claims star NFL quarterback passed along herpes in 2003

Elliott alleges that after testing positive for Herpes Simplex 2, she confronted the Atlanta Falcons star, 24, about her condition. 'I've got something to tell you. I've got it,' Vick admitted to her, according to Elliott's State Court complaint, which alleges that Vick then told her that 'he had not known how to tell her about his condition, and that it was not something that he liked to talk about.' Elliott's complaint also contends that Vick 'apologized profusely' for not telling her he was infected with the STD. Elliot's lawsuit alleges that Vick has used the name 'Ron Mexico' and, in a related court filing, her lawyers are seeking Vick's admission that he used the 'Mexico' alias--and perhaps other fake names--'for the purpose of herpes testing and/or treatment.'

(link)

My apologies - all I did was enter 'filthy mcnasty' in the automated...

Ron Mexico Name Generator

...and it came up with Big Boy Palestine.

As it turns out, your real Ron Mexico name - when I entered 'filthy mcnasty08' - is Sammy Herzegovina - the ultimate disguise should you choose, like Michael Vick, to knowingly pass on any STDs to an unsuspecting victim.

Honestly.

post-2970-081010200 1285006498_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator