Is Ryan Fitzpatrick a better option?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No they lost that game, remember? And no offense, but that throw is a pretty easy one to make for an NFL qb all things considered. I think your more impressed that Fitz actually hit his target considering his wildly inaccurate arm.

Easy Throw? What? From your own end zone, 50 yards in the air...in stride. Hmmm, I don't see those real often. How about the Fitzy bomb to TO in the Indy snow game? Another easy throw I suppose?

I have very strong feelings on the subject but I prefer YOUR INPUT.

Open the link and listen to the comments.I realize this is only one play but Fitzpatrick saw the mismatch and quickly took advantage. Too me a quarterback that can make the throw without hesitation is the best way to go!

youtube.com/watch?v=PwlUnoJ3bxo

Great link, great play, one of the few real highlight reel plays out of the Bills all of last season. :worthy::thumbsup:

Here's the problem. As far as Fitzy being the starting QB, if I wanted to waste my time and I had access to every play Fitzy ran last season, I have no doubt I would be able to post more plays on U-Tube where he looked just as bad as Edwards did, then resembled that gorgeous pass and catch to T.O. U-Tube link of yours.

Fitzy is smarter then Edwards as a QB, he has more fire and passion then Edwards as a QB, but damn it to hell, the poor guy just doesn't have the physical talent to be successful as a full time starting NFL QB. Hey, someday he may be a great OC or even head coach in the NFL. But game to game, over a full 16 game schedule, he will end up putting almost identicle stats and won-lost record that Edwards will put up. They are the same guy, in different bodies. One has the great arm that will enable him to throw for around 2,500 yards despite the fact he has zero pocket presence and is scared as hell to throw the ball down field, and lead this team to about 5-11-0 record. The other one has good pocket presence and good instincts to move around in the pocket and is not afraid to throw the ball any time, but his lousy arm and lack of speed will only enable him to throw for around 2,500 yards, and lead this team to about a 5-11-0 record.

Great link, great play, one of the few real highlight reel plays out of the Bills all of last season. :worthy::thumbsup:

Here's the problem. As far as Fitzy being the starting QB, if I wanted to waste my time and I had access to every play Fitzy ran last season, I have no doubt I would be able to post more plays on U-Tube where he looked just as bad as Edwards did, then resembled that gorgeous pass and catch to T.O. U-Tube link of yours.

Fitzy is smarter then Edwards as a QB, he has more fire and passion then Edwards as a QB, but damn it to hell, the poor guy just doesn't have the physical talent to be successful as a full time starting NFL QB. Hey, someday he may be a great OC or even head coach in the NFL. But game to game, over a full 16 game schedule, he will end up putting almost identicle stats and won-lost record that Edwards will put up. They are the same guy, in different bodies. One has the great arm that will enable him to throw for around 2,500 yards despite the fact he has zero pocket presence and is scared as hell to throw the ball down field, and lead this team to about 5-11-0 record. The other one has good pocket presence and good instincts to move around in the pocket and is not afraid to throw the ball any time, but his lousy arm and lack of speed will only enable him to throw for around 2,500 yards, and lead this team to about a 5-11-0 record.

You wouldn't be able to find the 5 wins Fitzy led us to. You would be able to find more losses. Stupid wins/losses aside...you're !@#$ing crazy. Edwards looked like **** last year, all year. He never looked good.

Mrs. Edwards, we have given your son multiple chances and we have to punt. Thanks for sticking up for your son, and all of your valuable input.

I will guarantee that each one of our putrid 3 QBs will hold the starting job at different points in the season, so we can all split hairs and dissect all the fine points of each of their weak performances and present our analysis as to who deserves the starting job by virtue of stinking the least.

This is a debate not worth having until we actually have QBs worth arguing about.

I will guarantee that each one of our putrid 3 QBs will hold the starting job at different points in the season, so we can all split hairs and dissect all the fine points of each of their weak performances and present our analysis as to who deserves the starting job by virtue of stinking the least.

This is a debate not worth having until we actually have QBs worth arguing about.

Fitz is better then Edwards and hopefully Brohm is better then both

Easy Throw? What? From your own end zone, 50 yards in the air...in stride. Hmmm, I don't see those real often. How about the Fitzy bomb to TO in the Indy snow game? Another easy throw I suppose?

Oh, the one where TO was 10yrds ahead of the closest DB and Fitz had to "drill" it in there? Snow is far worse for DBs to play in that WRs who know the play. He was wide open. We can agree to disagree, but if you think that's the type of throw that makes a good qb then that's where we differ. Go look up the bomb Trent threw to TO against Tampa last year that hit Owens in the facemask. That's a good throw, probably 60yds in stride as you might say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnXdoM64W14&feature=related

Oh, the one where TO was 10yrds ahead of the closest DB and Fitz had to "drill" it in there? Snow is far worse for DBs to play in that WRs who know the play. He was wide open. We can agree to disagree, but if you think that's the type of throw that makes a good qb then that's where we differ. Go look up the bomb Trent threw to TO against Tampa last year that hit Owens in the facemask. That's a good throw, probably 60yds in stride as you might say.

youtube.com/watch?v=FnXdoM64W14&feature=related

Stop with the nonsense.

Open the link and listen to the comments.I realize this is only one play but Fitzpatrick saw the mismatch and quickly took advantage. Too me a quarterback that can make the throw without hesitation is the best way to go!

My feelings on this is that nothing will change until 5 games in. When the "Bye" comes up in week 6 there will be a change. Fitzy will be number 1, Brohm, 2. Trent will be benched. The only way this will not come to pass is if Trent gets his act together. Pigs will fly as well.

My feelings on this is that nothing will change until 5 games in. When the "Bye" comes up in week 6 there will be a change. Fitzy will be number 1, Brohm, 2. Trent will be benched. The only way this will not come to pass is if Trent gets his act together. Pigs will fly as well.

Well,at least Edwards got his chance

Why not?

I don't remember the KC game...why is Fitz not the answer?

Because I don't ever want to see the guy skip a ball to a wide open receiver again. He has the most inaccurate arm of any QB I can remember playing for the Bills. But mostly, it's because when he is in the game I just have this feeling that the offense is going nowhere. I get the same feeling from Trent, but at least there is the hope that maybe this is the game where he finally "gets it." I know there is a minuscule chance of that happening, but I also know that there is a zero chance of it happening with Fitz. Truth be told, I think they both suck. I'd rather just see what Brohm can do at this point, but I don't hold out much hope for him either because he wasn't able to beat out the two losers ahead of him.

Guest dog14787

The way I see it all three QB's will continue to improve as they get more accustomed to the offense,

Its hard to say Fitz would not do better at this point because he has the best wheels and probably would, but the Bills need to think long term and determine this season if Trent or if not, Brian Brohm is the QB of the future.

So its not just a question of who is best now in my opinion.

Edited by dog14787

You are right with Edwards - he wins the battle in the spring because there's no pressure. As soon as he gets real pressure he folds, and folds in a bad way. I've said it before, Edwards doesn't want to be out there when the game is on the line. Now, I think Gailey saw last year and saw the preseason and will give Edwards a really short leash now. I hope, because I won't watch another full game of Edwards looking like that - there should be no hesitation if he doesn't look totally different.

And the QB that should go out is Brohm - yes, Brohm. He also makes quick decisions, has a heck of an arm, laser shoots the ball into his recievers. He does has some innaccuracy issues, but not as much as Fitz. And, I believe Brohm has had experience winning big games, and is finally settled into an NFL system, and I think he'd run with the opportunity and we'd have a competitive NFL team! Man, that's what I want so bad to see. I think he'd make our offense totally different. Of course, if he doesn't, then we draft a QB high next year. But at least we'll know. We won't go into next offseason not knowing what Brohm can do - because NO ONE WILL ACCEPT THE EXCUSE NEXT YEAR THAT THEY DIDN'T KNOW HOW GOOD OUR QB'S WERE - AND THAT WE HAVE AS GOOD OF GUYS ON OUR ROSTER AS THE ONES AVAILABLE!!!! AND YET EDWARDS IS OUR STARTER? THAT'S AS GOOD AS WE HAVE? AND WE DON'T NEED TO DRAFT A QB HIGH? OR GO AFTER A FREE AGENT? THAT EXCUSE WILL NOT FLY AGAIN.