You're a mean one, Mr. Ice

Cugalabanza

I totally understand the criticisms. Yes, this is a flawed team. But so is just about every other team out there. Really (and I hate to have to say this), only the Pats strike me as a team that is solid in all aspects.

Plus, it's the holiday season. So call me a believer, sucker, whatever... Go Bills!

I totally understand the criticisms.  Yes, this is a flawed team.  But so is just about every other team out there.  Really (and I hate to have to say this), only the Pats strike me as a team that is solid in all aspects.

Plus, it's the holiday season.  So call me a believer, sucker, whatever... Go Bills!

148369[/snapback]

ICE is the guy back in 1998-99 who maintained that Rob Johnson was the second coming of Johnny Unitas, and that it was an outrage we were retarding his development by playing Flutie. Now he is saying the same thing with Losman and Bledsoe, in the Johnson and Flutie roles respectively. And just like he was sure about Johnson, he is sure about Losman. So when the Bills win with Bledsoe, it upsets him because it indicates his expert analysis might be wrong. So although he'll say the PC thing--he's happy the Bills won--in fact he wants them to fall apart so he can blame Bledsoe and prove that he is an expert at evaluating QBs. Thus his negativity.

Oh, and if the team goes to the playoffs at some point with Bledsoe, he will, in Orwellian fashion, claim that Bledsoe was the man all along. Because he turned on Johnson like a rabid dog in 2000-01, once he understood he was wrong about Johnson's skills. So don't worry too much about his views, it's really much more about him than the team.

ICE is the guy back in 1998-99 who maintained that Rob Johnson was the second coming of Johnny Unitas, and that it was an outrage we were retarding his development by playing Flutie.  Now he is saying the same thing with Losman and Bledsoe, in the Johnson and Flutie roles respectively.  And just like he was sure about Johnson, he is sure about Losman.  So when the Bills win with Bledsoe, it upsets him because it indicates his expert analysis might be wrong. So although he'll say the PC thing--he's happy the Bills won--in fact he wants them to fall apart so he can blame Bledsoe and prove that he is an expert at evaluating QBs. Thus his negativity.

Oh, and if the team goes to the playoffs at some point with Bledsoe, he will, in Orwellian fashion, claim that Bledsoe was the man all along.  Because he turned on Johnson like a rabid dog in 2000-01, once he understood he was wrong about Johnson's skills.  So don't worry too much about his views, it's really much more about him than the team.

148401[/snapback]

Nail, meet hammer. The act just never gets tired. Nicely done.

You're a three decker saurkraut and toadstool sandwich with arsenic sauce. :D

Let's all hope that, by some strange miracle, all the right things happen and the Bills make the playoffs.  I think that maybe Ice's small heart would grow three sizes that day!

148321[/snapback]

HA! Love it! :devil:

ICE is the guy back in 1998-99 who maintained that Rob Johnson was the second coming of Johnny Unitas, and that it was an outrage we were retarding his development by playing Flutie.  Now he is saying the same thing with Losman and Bledsoe, in the Johnson and Flutie roles respectively.  And just like he was sure about Johnson, he is sure about Losman.  So when the Bills win with Bledsoe, it upsets him because it indicates his expert analysis might be wrong. So although he'll say the PC thing--he's happy the Bills won--in fact he wants them to fall apart so he can blame Bledsoe and prove that he is an expert at evaluating QBs. Thus his negativity.

Oh, and if the team goes to the playoffs at some point with Bledsoe, he will, in Orwellian fashion, claim that Bledsoe was the man all along.  Because he turned on Johnson like a rabid dog in 2000-01, once he understood he was wrong about Johnson's skills.  So don't worry too much about his views, it's really much more about him than the team.

148401[/snapback]

Ummmm no. I said give the kid a chance. We did, he failed. TD made the decision knowing this to keep RJ over flutie, not me.

As for being PC, that's not me. As for being wrong, sometimes, not often. funny how after time my stances are proven correct. So Again I will wait and you will see. We will never achieve anything with our current QB situation. Keeping JP on the bench means WHEN he does start, we must suffer through some growing pains. Rothlesburger and Palmer have grown this season by playing...not sitting.

funny how you ignore the fact that Palmer sat ALL of last year...nice to see you do not like to let facts get in the way

148534[/snapback]

How many cinci games have you seen this year? ONLY BY STARTING THIS YEAR has he started to develop. BTW...facts? Cinci has the same record as us with a ROOKIE playing QB. Yes you are a rookie (just like McGahee) until you PLAY.

FACT: Palmer has grown by playing, he sucked the first couple of weeks out. FACT: Rothlesburger has done the same...by playing.

How many cinci games have you seen this year? ONLY BY STARTING THIS YEAR has he started to develop. BTW...facts?  Cinci has the same record as us with a ROOKIE playing QB. Yes you are a rookie (just like McGahee) until you PLAY.

FACT: Palmer has grown by playing, he sucked the first couple of weeks out. FACT: Rothlesburger has done the same...by playing.

148542[/snapback]

Roth played because he HAD to..if Maddox did not get hurt, I guarantee he would still be playing

ONLY BY STARTING THIS YEAR has he started to develop.

148542[/snapback]

How in the hell do you KNOW that? Are you saying that Palmer would have been just as good last year as he is this year if they'd started him then? He's even said himself that he benefited from the year on the bench.

Palmer himself has admitted sitting last season helped him a great deal.  Carry on with the moronica.

148585[/snapback]

So what do you expect him to say? 'Fuggin !@#$s sat me last year. Immagine our record THIS year had they let me play and develop'? Yeah sure that would go over well.

So what do you expect him to say? 'Fuggin !@#$s sat me last year. Immagine our record THIS year had they let me play and develop'?  Yeah sure that would go over well.

148743[/snapback]

It's such fun watching you drown in a river of your own spewed vomit. Keep up the good work.

Actually ice is very rational, he has said that Bledsoe is done and we cannot win or even think about winning a super bowl until JP is in the drivers seat. That is all well and good.

His claim that once JP begins taking snaps as a starter we will begin in earnest our quest for the holy grail. This may be true. What he is setting the table for is that he has told us that until JP gets his starting snaps we are fools to revel in any false sucess we see by Bledsoes hands, since that is not who shall ultimately lead us to the promised land, rather, an average QB who leads us to mediocracy.

Looking at his projections, he states that until JP is given starting snaps, he cannot improve....absolutely correct, since no rookie qb has had his first start in the super bowl, ice has got himself covered, he cannot be wrong on this point since no starting QB in a Super Bowl has ever won on his first start, that being the super bowl.

If we look even deeper, we see that of the winning QBs in super bowl history, most had been starters during the season that they played in the super bowl, again, ice is right, starters go to the super bowl.

What he misses is the speed in which it takes a QB to be Super Bowl ready, look at the winning Qb's in all the Super Bowls...now look how long it took them to get there, Len Dawson was on his 2nd team and had waited 5 years before starting, Bart Starr...do you remember him? anyone know how long it was before he started? 4 years for Starr.

I'm sure ice's demands that JP must start now are from his desire to see the team do well, but the fact is not all super bowl caliber QB's are thrown into the game and start the first year,

Elway was a starter his first year, it took him quite a few years before he finally attained his first ring,

Favre didnt start until his second year,

Brady didnt start until his second year,

Dilfer started 2 games in his rookie year,

Brad Johnson 8 starts in his 5th year,

Warner 0 starts in his first year,

Namath started as a rookie, super bowl 3 years later.

The reverse scenario, where a rookie QB is thrown in early (first season) and dissapears from the NFL is a more lengthy list, but a few off the top are Leaf, McGuire, Blackledge, and Couch. Anyone else can go do the research to flesh out all the others that were first round picks that were thrown in too early and failed miserably.

I have to put some trust in the coaching staff, specifically Sam Wyche and Mularkey in knowing what is best for JP at this point. He will play when ready, and until then, he can prepare every game like he could go in at a moments notice.

Ummmm no.  I said give the kid a chance. We did, he failed. TD made the decision knowing this to keep RJ over flutie, not me.

As for being PC, that's not me. As for being wrong, sometimes, not often. funny how after time my stances are proven correct. So Again I will wait and you will see. We will never achieve anything with our current QB situation.  Keeping JP on the bench means WHEN he does start, we must suffer through some growing pains. Rothlesburger and Palmer have grown this season by playing...not sitting.

148529[/snapback]

About Johnson, what you now say you said back in 1998-99 is just not true. You were jihad-like in your crusade for Johnson, and vicious against Flutie. Some of your posts were so vitriolic they were literally incomprehensible. Your suggesting that all you said was give RJ a chance, is equivalent to saying that Hitler had nothing against Jews, he just was not fond of religions other than his own. You were truly a Johnson fanatic in the days of the Johnson-Flutie wars.

How correct were you about Rob Johnson? Careful now, we could look it up... CD