(OT) Where can I direct my mom to get XBOX.

PIZ

Walmart apparently doesn't have any. Is there anywhere else that would have one. Maybe I should have her get Playstation 2 for me instead. Both my brothers have XBOX, and they say to get one instead of Playstation 2.

So, where's the best place to get one?

Walmart apparently doesn't have any.  Is there anywhere else that would have one.  Maybe I should have her get Playstation 2 for me instead.  Both my brothers have XBOX, and they say to get one instead of Playstation 2.

148317[/snapback]

What kind of games do you normally like to play?

If you play sports games, DEFINATELY go with Xbox (and get a subscription to Xbox Live as well).

PS2 people will say that they have the most games so you should buy that. While it's true they have the most games, most of the games suck. So don't buy into that hype.

If you like playing RPGs (like Final Fantasy), PS2 is probably a better choice for you.

I personally have both...

CW

Thanks for all the tips. I gave her CircuitCity.com and Gamestop.com.

Fezmid, my favorite games are sports games (ATV, NFL, NCAA, Basketball), driving games, and probably my favorite type of game is shooting games like Metal Gear Solid (yeah, last system I had was PS1)

I'm hoping that if I get XBOX I can find some games for my son to play. He's 6. But the game will be mine.

Thanks for all the tips.  I gave her CircuitCity.com and Gamestop.com. 

Fezmid, my favorite games are sports games (ATV, NFL, NCAA, Basketball), driving games, and probably my favorite type of game is shooting games like Metal Gear Solid (yeah, last system I had was PS1)

I'm hoping that if I get XBOX I can find some games for my son to play.  He's 6.  But the game will be mine.

148350[/snapback]

I have 6+9 year old boys and both ps2 and xbox...

The xbox gets about 90% of the use...

They only play the PS2 for the "exclusive" games ( DragonBall Z, etc ).

I am having a BALL with Ghost Recon 2 - That game is F U N!

Thanks for all the tips.  I gave her CircuitCity.com and Gamestop.com. 

I'm hoping that if I get XBOX I can find some games for my son to play.  He's 6.  But the game will be mine.

148350[/snapback]

Definately get the Xbox then (and get XBox Live, as I said, so you can play against REAL people. Join leagues if you have the time as well. I run the VFL and we play one game a week. http://www.thevfl.com).

You'll probably want to pick up Halo 2 if you like shooting games.

I'm sure you'll be able to find some games for your son. The skateboarding games seem pretty popular and are kid-friendly. Not sure what other games there are (as I don't buy many games in general), but you'll find stuff. ;)

CW

Okay, say I get it for Xmas. Which games should I get? Here's what I'm thinking. Any more must haves?

1. Halo 2.

2. Some kids games---Have no idea which to get.

3. Are the Hunting Games any good?

4. I'll probably wait until next season for an NFL game.

5. Ghost Recon 2.

That bundle was cheaper at Amazon...

Anyway, as for "must have" games:

Halo 2 (as you noted)

NFL2k5 (it's $20, maybe less now, you won't be disappointed)

NHL2k5 (it's also $20 -- havn't played it, but heard it was really good)

Grand Theft Auto doublepack (assuming you havn't played it already elsewhere; it includes the original and Vice City).

Ghost Recon, as you said, is also supposed to be good (havn't played it).

CW

Okay, say I get it for Xmas.  Which games should I get?  Here's what I'm thinking.  Any more must haves?

1.  Halo 2.

2.  Some kids games---Have no idea which to get.

3.  Are the Hunting Games any good?

4.  I'll probably wait until next season for an NFL game.

5.  Ghost Recon 2.

148438[/snapback]

1. Yes

2. Not sure

3. Not sure

4. Yes, wait until next season...if you buy xbox now, it comes with ncaa football 2005, so at least you get your football fix. Plus, in madden 2006, you know McGahee and Evans are going to be sweet ;-)

5. Not sure

Also, if you like racing games, I just got Colin McRae Rally 2005....its rally only, but really cool. Oh, and ESPN NHL 2k5 is a good hockey game, and it is only $20 retail.

I bought one for my kids on Friday night at Game Crazy (associated with Hollywood Video). They had lots of units available, but alot of places are selling out. Scored on the Holiday Bundle, which includes ESPN's NCAA Football and Top Spin, whatever that is... Also picked up Madden 2005 (on sale for 29.99!) and an excercise tape for Mama Griz - she's into that kinda stuff...

While shopping around, we learned that PS2 has some serious defects with their new, smaller unit. Apparently, they began producing these cheaper units a few months back to keep up with the reduced Xbox price of $149.00. It's led to a 20,000 unit recall. ;) Anyway, it seemed like Xbox was the way to go. Can't wait til Christmas!!!

i can't believe there's a shortage...just like the PS2 shortage when it first came out and people were shelling out an extra $200 over MSRP to get one

148470[/snapback]

Well, my mom won't do that. If no XBOX, then I guess I'm getting a sportsjacket that she'll pick out. ;)

Walmart apparently doesn't have any.  Is there anywhere else that would have one.  Maybe I should have her get Playstation 2 for me instead.  Both my brothers have XBOX, and they say to get one instead of Playstation 2.

148317[/snapback]

Huh? You are trying to get info on how to get others to best spend their money on you?

Wow. :devil: