Move Levitre to RT

gjv001

It is obvious from the Miami game that Levitre will continue to stuggle against DT's. He is a good blocker with nice speed. But does not have the strength to prevent DT's collapsing the pocket. Perhaps he would be best suited to play his college position of RT. At RT he would be playing against quicker but lighter DE's.

Guest dog14787

It is obvious from the Miami game that Levitre will continue to stuggle against DT's. He is a good blocker with nice speed. But does not have the strength to prevent DT's collapsing the pocket. Perhaps he would be best suited to play his college position of RT. At RT he would be playing against quicker but lighter DE's.

I totally agree with you

And that would solve the Cornell Green problem too. :thumbsup:

The thing I was saddest about in the off season was that we did not resign Incognito, especially after I saw him starting for Miami. I know Incognito had a bad rap but he seemed to be fine with the Bills last season and Miami hasn't had any trouble with him. It would have given us more options, especially with inevitable injuries.

yeah, he's closer to a LT than a RT. RT is just as much a strength position. i do worry about the guy though, he doesn't get enough push on majority of plays. it's a large reason why QB can't step up in the pocket when OT's fail.

The thing I was saddest about in the off season was that we did not resign Incognito, especially after I saw him starting for Miami. I know Incognito had a bad rap but he seemed to be fine with the Bills last season and Miami hasn't had any trouble with him. It would have given us more options, especially with inevitable injuries.

also sad was Butler getting hurt and then retiring. no way we woulda let Langston Walker go if we knew that. he actually wasn't that bad at RT, just horrible at LT. by then we had Butler playing RT and didn't want a 5 million dollar backup, so we ditched him, then proceeded to need him ever since Week 3 of last year.

As they say on ESPN, "C'MON MAN"!!!

It's obvious?!!

If he's not strong enough to handle LG, you're going to throw him out at RT, which is your power tackle?? C'Mon Man!!

Agreed. Keep Levitre at LG, which is his most natural pro position. I think having a larger player at center and a more competent player at LT might help Levitre out some. I also don't know how much blame Levitre gets for last Sunday's performance. Do any of us, really? Do we know everyone's blocking assignments on every play? I sure don't. And it didn't help anyone on the OL to see Edwards not challenge the Dolphins' secondary, which meant 8 (and occasionally even 9) guys stacked at the line for most of the game.

In my opinion, by the end of the season the most appropriate line (based purely on long-term starting potential) would be:

Wang - Levitre - Wood - Urbik - Meredith

Hangartner is a career backup, and Green/Howard/Bell won't even be in the NFL two years from now.

That could be part of the thought process of bringing in Urbik so they could move him to RT & put Urbik in Andy's position ??????

As bad as Green looked, can't give up on a player after one game.

Give it another week before you start moving linemen around.

The problem with your argument is that Green has sucked beyond last Sunday. He sucked in preseason. He sucked with the Raiders. He generally sucks in life (criminal record of being a wifebeater). He sucks.