Again, ignoring the QB and OL situation will doom us this year...

Merle Haggard

I would trade Troupe for Clausen in a New York heartbeat.

I wanted us to do what Cleveland did. Flush the lame QBs we got and bring in Jake Delhomme off the waiver wire and trade a low pick for Seneca Wallace. We blew it, big time.

Is it amazing that some around here think that hanging on to sub par types is better than taking the "risk" that a draft choice "might" not pan out? LOL.

Funny how the Ravens, Jets seem to do okay on the free agent side. We can't even pick guys off the waiver wire that would be better with the clowns we have. Bold moves improve ball climbs, not tip toeing around out of fear of making the wrong decision. Sheesh.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're doomed this year then so be it. They're not going to win with this current collection anyway. If we have to lose again, please don't go 6-10 or 7-9. 2-14 or 3-13 is okay, knowing we'd have our choice between Luck, Locker, or Mallet. When we have our franchise QB, we can start to hope again. Picking first or second in the second round would also be like having another, low first rounder.

I am getting sick and tired of all you clowns saying "we'll get Luck, Locker, or Mallet" as if there is some kind of guarantee that these guys are all gonna turn out to be "Franchise OB's". For all we know any one or all three may turn out to be busts for all we know. So how bout going on the record and tell us doubters which of these three is gonna be a sure thing? Which of these three is gonna be a bust? The truth is No one really knows. Any one of these guys could suffer a serious season ending injury as the season is still relatively young. Claussen for example may start this week in place of Matt Moore. How will he turn out? Buddy Nix wasn't making the decisions in S.Diego. A.J. Smith was. So none of us even knows whether our 70 yr old "rookie GM" can pick a winner or not. And don't tell me that at pick #9 there were no other good players (OT) available.

The Bills could have made other moves (trades or FA) to bolster our line asa well. But Buddy decided that he wasn't going to trade up or down in the draft, and his only acquisition (Cornell Green) is pathetic - Unless he was trying to guarantee that we'd suck this year to get a higher draft pick in next years draft...

Funny how the Ravens, Jets seem to do okay on the free agent side. We can't even pick guys off the waiver wire that would be better with the clowns we have. Bold moves improve ball climbs, not tip toeing around out of fear of making the wrong decision. Sheesh.

Oh yeah, the Jests sure know how to work free agency by dumping their leading rusher and starting 2 guys that were nowhere near as good. How many fumbles did shonne green have? How messed up was the Jests oline without faneca? Did you even watch the jests offense play? They were horrid. There is probably a 50/50 chance the jests will win less games than us, if that is how their offense is going to look the rest of the season.

And yeah, sanchez looks like such a stud, throwing to his recievers against 2nd string DBs... and getting less than 100 yards passing. MAN! the jests are just golden and are set at QB for the next 10 years! :rolleyes:

I am getting sick and tired of all you clowns saying "we'll get Luck, Locker, or Mallet" as if there is some kind of guarantee that these guys are all gonna turn out to be "Franchise OB's". For all we know any one or all three may turn out to be busts for all we know. So how bout going on the record and tell us doubters which of these three is gonna be a sure thing? Which of these three is gonna be a bust? The truth is No one really knows. Any one of these guys could suffer a serious season ending injury as the season is still relatively young. Claussen for example may start this week in place of Matt Moore. How will he turn out? Buddy Nix wasn't making the decisions in S.Diego. A.J. Smith was. So none of us even knows whether our 70 yr old "rookie GM" can pick a winner or not. And don't tell me that at pick #9 there were no other good players (OT) available.

The Bills could have made other moves (trades or FA) to bolster our line asa well. But Buddy decided that he wasn't going to trade up or down in the draft, and his only acquisition (Cornell Green) is pathetic - Unless he was trying to guarantee that we'd suck this year to get a higher draft pick in next years draft...

First off, I'm not a clown, I'm an opinionated fan, more or less, like you. Now, I can't guarantee you that Luck, Locker, or Mallet will be franchise QBs, but I can guarantee you that Edwards, Fitzpatrick, and Brohm won't be! The QB class for next year may(or may not) turn out to be like the "lotto winning class" of '83(Elway, Kelly, Marino).The best news is thatwe stand a pretty good chance of holding a winning ticket. What's wrong with being excited about the possibility?

Oh yeah, the Jests sure know how to work free agency by dumping their leading rusher and starting 2 guys that were nowhere near as good. How many fumbles did shonne green have? How messed up was the Jests oline without faneca? Did you even watch the jests offense play? They were horrid. There is probably a 50/50 chance the jests will win less games than us, if that is how their offense is going to look the rest of the season.

And yeah, sanchez looks like such a stud, throwing to his recievers against 2nd string DBs... and getting less than 100 yards passing. MAN! the jests are just golden and are set at QB for the next 10 years! :rolleyes:

LOL. The Jets are light years ahead of us, as are the Ravens and virtually every other team in putting together a winning solution through a combination of draft picks and free agents. We are so "brilliant" that we ignore the two biggest needs of the team this offseason. Newsflash: We are destined to be a loser yet again this season. Get back to me when you get a clue. Sheesh.

Edited by Merle Haggard

LOL. The Jets are light years ahead of us, as are the Ravens and virtually every other team in putting together a winning solution through a combination of draft picks and free agents. We are so "brilliant" that we ignore the two biggest needs of the team this offseason. Newsflash: We are destined to be a loser yet again this season. Get back to me when you get a clue. Sheesh.

Oh , we are not brilliant. We suck. But if you think the jests crappy offense is any better than our crappy offense, then you are blind as hell.

The biggest weakness right now on the Colts is they have a crappy oline... same with cowboys. Man, they are so dumb not to address the oline. Just as dumb as us. I am not making excuses for the bills, they have a crappy QB and crappy tackles. But you jerking off to the jests is just ridiculous. Just because they screamed the loudest... but guess what, jests aren't going to be good this year and the only reason they won't be picking first overall next year is because their defense is amazing. Their offense still sucks.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

Oh , we are not brilliant. We suck. But if you think the jests crappy offense is any better than our crappy offense, then you are blind as hell.

The biggest weakness right now on the Colts is they have a crappy oline... same with cowboys. Man, they are so dumb not to address the oline. Just as dumb as us. I am not making excuses for the bills, they have a crappy QB and crappy tackles. But you jerking off to the jests is just ridiculous. Just because they screamed the loudest... but guess what, jests aren't going to be good this year and the only reason they won't be picking first overall next year is because their defense is amazing. Their offense still sucks.

I hope you are right about the jets big guy, but fear you are not. jets were one game away from the big dance last year with an "lousy" offense. their d is amazing. i only wish our team was as "crappy" as the jets. LOL.

I hope you are right about the jets big guy, but fear you are not. jets were one game away from the big dance last year with an "lousy" offense. their d is amazing. i only wish our team was as "crappy" as the jets. LOL.

Their offense wasn't lousy last year. Last year they had a probowl guard in Faneca and a great rusher in Thomas jones... they aren't on the offense this year. Their new guard is garbage and was a liability through the whole game and shonne green did nothing to help the offense.

This is a "new offense." An offense that couldn't score a TD even though the Ravens had injuries and were missing key players. Their QB who completed less than half his passes and threw for less than 75 yards. An offense that got just 6 first downs. And THIS offense is "lightyears" ahead of the bills offense? Give me a break. If anything, they are a couple sprints ahead if somehow Sanchez turns the corner or something. Not to mention how much this team is going to break down after this year when they lose all their players who signed one year contracts.

Not to mention, LAST year when they were "one game away from the superbowl" and actually had a good offense, the bills beat them. The team that is "lightyears" behind them, beat them. What a fluke. The bills beat miami last year too. Another crazy fluke. It is probably a fluke that the bills were just one score behind the phins last week too.

The bills suck. Their QB and tackles are the weak side of the offense. Most people know it. But spewing out all this nonesense that we are in so deep and all these other crappy teams are so much better than us is crazy. We aren't the only team with bad tackles and bad QBs. The cowboys basically lost their first game BECAUSE their tackle did one of the stupidest things ever seen in football. Last I checked, our tackles were bad, but they didn't do anything THAT stupid (choking someone that created a penalty that killed the winning TD).

The bills suck, we know it. But stop saying we are the only team with problems and every other team is "just amazing as hell" BS. The bills aren't the only NFL team right now that makes me cringe to watch.

I would trade Troupe for Clausen in a New York heartbeat.

I wanted us to do what Cleveland did. Flush the lame QBs we got and bring in Jake Delhomme off the waiver wire and trade a low pick for Seneca Wallace. We blew it, big time.

Living an hour away from Cleveland, I can tell you that no Browns fan is happy with Delhomme. They're already blaming him for their first loss. I can't imagine Delhomme doing any better behind the Bills' O-line. Buffalo has two fundamental problems that, until they're solved, will keep the team from being a contender:

1. Offensive line

2. Quarterback (see #1)

While there are certainly more problems with the team than these two, there will be no significant improvement until #1 and #2 are addressed. And those two problems will not be fixed in one year.

None of the free agent QB's on the market this past year would survive behind this line.

Like it or not, the team believes in building through the draft, and after their two major free agent O-line aquisitions in Dockery and Walker were busts, I think the front office has a bad taste in its mouth. The Spiller pick can be argued forever, but if the team honestly believed that none of the linemen on the board were worth the pick, then they did what they thought was best.

I guess we'll find out........

Edited by gobillsinytown

Is it amazing that some around here think that hanging on to sub par types is better than taking the "risk" that a draft choice "might" not pan out? LOL.

It's amazing to me that some on here that are willing to wait forever for that "franchise QB" that will take us to the promised land. If we can suck for another year or two or 20 to get the number one pick and get that golden QB, it's worth it. More round 1 QBs are busts than are "franchise QB"s.

No, I am not willing to take that risk. I say get a decent QB to get us on a winning track so we can develop our RBs and WRs who we can't with the current occupant of the QB chair. Our guys need to learn how to win. Then we may be able to attract that FA QB to make us competitive for the big dance. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson and Kurt Warner and Drew Brees and Brett Favre all won SBs without being number one picks.

Besides, we tried that with JP and it blew up in our face.

We've got to crawl before we can walk, and Jake Delhomme or someone like him certainly could have helped us in that regard. Plus having a SB QB in the huddle commands more respect and hustle from his teammates than a loser like Trent.

But you just go ahead and wait for that golden "Franchise QB". Enjoy the 3-13 seasons too. Do you buy tickets? Didn't think so. Put some skin in the game and see if you still feel that way.

How many times does it have to be said:

1) A football team is not a cure for your depression or 'feeling sick'. You need to see a professional about that.

2) That if a player of value is not available in a position of need when you're trying to rebuild then you don't select him and take the best player you can get.

This is not a difficult concept to grasp. If you have a 'bad' player at right tackle and take a 'marginally less bad' player at right tackle. You still have a bad right tackle.

Instead, you take the best players that you can get. This allows you to have good football players all over. This philosophy has not been adhered to for the Bills so it takes more than one year which is recognized by the current regime. Honestly, it should be obvious to anyone with a pulse. However, I understand how personal depression skews things.

It's funny cause it's true :w00t:

I wouldn't mind taking a QB in round 1 if they TRULY feel that he is a franchise QB.... bradford looks like a real deal.... but I would rather take a QB in round 2 or 3. We should either re-sign edwards or sign a decent Vet to play while the rookie develops as well, at least in the first year.

It is obvious we need a new QB.... it is going to suck if we pick one, wait four years, and find out he is a bust. I want them to take the time to actually find a good one.

And of course we are going to need at least one starting tackle. Maybe more depending on how this season turns out. And of course, we need OLB help. And then the team needs depth in general at various positions.

And it is crazy to think that if we plug in a good LT and a good QB into this offense, it will suddenly be fixed. The Skins have done just that (drafted an LT and Signed mcnabb) and they didn't look any better than us in their game. They didn't even have an offensive TD, that we DID have. People need to get a grip. This team wouldn't be playoff bound if we drafted a QB and LT in rounds one and two and signed a "better" rt via FA. This team is not 3 fixes away from being that good at all.

As much as I didn't care for the Nix and Gailey hirings, they were tasked with rebuilding an organization woefully mismanaged for several years. The very fact Buffalo hasn't bottomed out since 2001 is really amazing when you consider that teams don't ride the mediocrity train for long before being bad or ascending to playoff status.

I'm not keen on drafting skill players before linemen, given that those specialty guys depend on lineman. The exception to that is QB's, who are in short supply and teams who don't have them typically don't advance far. It takes a special type of person to handle the rigors of playing QB for a team with little talent. There's only one Peyton Manning, one Drew Brees, one Tom Brady, and one Philip Rivers. And I'm not keen on signing Jake Delhomme or some castoff just to go 5-11 in a one year trial for a team that might otherwise go 3-13.

The rebuild started in 2010 will take no less than 2 regular seasons and off-seasons. Unfortunately, the QB is central to any rebuilding and Buffalo's future guy isn't on the roster.

Nix said if life was fair the Bills would have three picks in every round. He also said that in his first year with San Diego they won only one game. After that they changed things around. Love or hate him the guy is honest. Rumor had it he only thought two tackles were NFL caliber left tackles in this last draft and only one QB was worthy at their slot. All were gone. Reaching is what got us here and it isn't gonna be fixed overnight. Face it sometimes it is the luck of the draw. Even if we draft the best QB in the draft next year it will still take awhile for him to develop. Even Jim Kelly after his sensational years in ths USFL took awhile. I remember when he threw an interception in the red zone when he brought the team back with his hand up in the air indicating we were number one despite his gaff. That's when I felt it. Buffalo had a stud.

RU a glutton for punishment? Criminy Louise.

Better than him than the rookie. I am pretty sure that is how it would turn out, even if it wasn't the best thing to do. Buddy/chan seem too old school to start a rookie QB.... and I am thinking, they would resign edwards just because he knows the system and players already, so it would just be easier for them. So I am thinking that is the most plausable scenario... the other scenario is, buddy and chan ruin our lives and sign edwards, and don't bring in a young QB.... if that happens, then I will bash my head against the wall.

Rumor had it he only thought two tackles were NFL caliber left tackles in this last draft and only one QB was worthy at their slot.

It's not a rumor. He said that. Actually, he said that he felt there were only two guys that weren't 'projects' at tackle. They were gone.

This is a depressing thread. Everything said here has been rehashed over and over since the draft.

I am not a fan of our OL, especially the tackles. I am not a Trent fan either. We have who we have and I understand why they made the picks they did.

Can we play more than one game before we give up the ship?

This is a depressing thread. Everything said here has been rehashed over and over since the draft.

I am not a fan of our OL, especially the tackles. I am not a Trent fan either. We have who we have and I understand why they made the picks they did.

Seriously. It seems like every day there is a new thread talking about our crappy QBs and crappy tackles. We get it, they suck. Do we really need a new thread every day to inform us of this "new" development?

And then people say "We know they suck, do we need a new thread talking about what we have talked about since the draft" then The people who create the threads over and over go "Go ahead! put your head in the sand and pretend they are good!" and it is like..... wtf.... no one is saying they are good. They are saying that you are beating a dead horse with this topic. You created a thread and said the exact same things others said back in april. All these angry people that keep creating these threads need a reality check. They are treating their opinions like it is some ground breaking stuff when it was already discussed nearly a half a year ago. Get with it people.

I mean, how many threads has merle alone made on this topic?

It's amazing to me that some on here that are willing to wait forever for that "franchise QB" that will take us to the promised land. If we can suck for another year or two or 20 to get the number one pick and get that golden QB, it's worth it. More round 1 QBs are busts than are "franchise QB"s.

No, I am not willing to take that risk. I say get a decent QB to get us on a winning track so we can develop our RBs and WRs who we can't with the current occupant of the QB chair. Our guys need to learn how to win. Then we may be able to attract that FA QB to make us competitive for the big dance. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson and Kurt Warner and Drew Brees and Brett Favre all won SBs without being number one picks.

Besides, we tried that with JP and it blew up in our face.

We've got to crawl before we can walk, and Jake Delhomme or someone like him certainly could have helped us in that regard. Plus having a SB QB in the huddle commands more respect and hustle from his teammates than a loser like Trent.

But you just go ahead and wait for that golden "Franchise QB". Enjoy the 3-13 seasons too. Do you buy tickets? Didn't think so. Put some skin in the game and see if you still feel that way.

Actually you are misunderstanding my gripe here. I would have been all for a Delhomme, McNabb, Bomar, or even a Tod Collins over the crappy QBs we have. One of these fellas would at least be a stopgap.

Oh and yeah I do own season tickets pal, for the past 25 years - which is probably longer than you have even been born. Yeah, I got plenty of "skin in the game".

My point, again, is ignoring the QB and OL this offseason will cost us dearly as we are probably looking at a 3-13 season. Newsflash ace, we are right up there with the Browns as the laughing stock of the league. Get real.

I wouldn't mind taking a QB in round 1 if they TRULY feel that he is a franchise QB.... bradford looks like a real deal.... but I would rather take a QB in round 2 or 3. We should either re-sign edwards or sign a decent Vet to play while the rookie develops as well, at least in the first year.

It is obvious we need a new QB.... it is going to suck if we pick one, wait four years, and find out he is a bust. I want them to take the time to actually find a good one.

And of course we are going to need at least one starting tackle. Maybe more depending on how this season turns out. And of course, we need OLB help. And then the team needs depth in general at various positions.

And it is crazy to think that if we plug in a good LT and a good QB into this offense, it will suddenly be fixed. The Skins have done just that (drafted an LT and Signed mcnabb) and they didn't look any better than us in their game. They didn't even have an offensive TD, that we DID have. People need to get a grip. This team wouldn't be playoff bound if we drafted a QB and LT in rounds one and two and signed a "better" rt via FA. This team is not 3 fixes away from being that good at all.

Yeah, the only difference between the Skins and us is that they actually won there game, against their rival NFC east champs with a new coach, QB. We lost are game with a crappy QB and a coach who looked lost. No a competent QB and OL doesn't guarantee a super bowl, but it is a guarantee we aint going anywhere except the celler with the sorry group we currently have.

We should re-sign edwards

What????!!! :doh::lol:0:)

Watching our team flounder year afer year is depressing. Ignoring the obvious by not discussing seems too homerish to many of us. Sorry guy I'm not going to wave pom poms at every bonehead decision made at OBD.