Leodis McKelvin

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

We often hear about how every team needs an identity, something that sets them apart from most other teams, its normally something the team does well and has done well over an extended period of time. In many cases the teams identity can be directly connected to why the team wins football games.

Many folks believe the Buffalo Bills lack an identity, and to be a successful ball club the Bills need to form an identity. In my opinion the Buffalo Bills have had an identity over the last few years and as in many cases its the reason the Bills generally win.

Jabari Greer was part of that identity,eventually moving on to the World Champion New Orleans Saints where Greer was instrumental in helping the Saints win their first Championship. Antoine Winfield was part of that identity before he moved on to the Vikings, Winfield is seen by many of his peers as pound per pound the hardest hitting player in the National Football League.

The Buffalo Bills have been producing some of the best DB's in the Country and the with the addition of Leaodis McKelvin the Bills continue to draft and develop some of the most talented CB's the NFL has ever seen. After a rough rookie start in the Bills 09 season where the young and talented McKelvin caught a kickoff in his own endzone with Buffalo up 24-19 over the New England Patriots in the season opener with 2:06 left in the game. McKelvin chose to return the ball instead of downing it and fumbled around the 30 yard line. It was his second fumble of the game. New England drove from the 31 yard line for what turned out to be the winning touchdown.

We all know what happened afterward, Leodis Mckelvin's property was later vandalized by a couple of teenagers painting obscenities as well as the phrase "take a knee" and the winning score of 25-24 in favor of New England on his front lawn. McKelvin chose not to press charges against the two teenagers.

Leodis McKelvin is a cornerstone of why I believe the Buffalo Bills are building a Championship caliber football team and with the likes of the ever so dangerous Terrence McGee and Jaiurus "the bird man" Byrd, throwing the ball against the Buffalo Bills defense is like throwing into the mouth of a pack of hungry wolves.

So the next time someone asks you, in a pass happy league, going up against some of the best signal callers the NFL has ever seen, who are these guys,

You tell them the Buffalo Bills are a QB's worse nightmare, that's who we are,

Bills 31 Packers 16

I Billieve...

Edited by dog14787

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have to agree with some of what you are saying. The Bills will stay in football games because it is ETREMELY hard to throw against Buffalo's secondary. THE BIG REASON WHY A TEAM CAN IS BECAUSE THE BILLS HAVE NO PASS RUSH. Teams are not scared of the Bills. We have no pass rush, and we have no run stopping abilities YET. I feel we got much better in stopping the run and will be better than last year, but that is not hard to do. I like the upset pick, because the Pack have a weak o-line, and Rogers gets sacked alot. This means they don't have a good run game, so they will not run a lot. The real issue they will tee off off on COWARDLY TRENT. I was wrong and really thought Chan would change Trent and give him the vote to throw deep. I'm still cleaning that egg off my face. The Bills defense will be stuck AGAIN on the field ALL DAY and Rogers will HAVE ALL DAY to throw and even the best backfield will lose at that game.

I USE TO BILLIEVE, THANKS FOR TAKING THAT BELIEF AWAY TRENT!!!!!!!!!!

Packers 48

Bills 13

CJ or Parrish have a return for a TD.

Bills get 175 yds total offense 56 yds rushing. How can someone rush with 11 guys in the box???? Watch the safeties on how far up they play 10-15 yds back instead of 20-25.

Guest dog14787

I do have to agree with some of what you are saying. The Bills will stay in football games because it is ETREMELY hard to throw against Buffalo's secondary. THE BIG REASON WHY A TEAM CAN IS BECAUSE THE BILLS HAVE NO PASS RUSH. Teams are not scared of the Bills. We have no pass rush, and we have no run stopping abilities YET. I feel we got much better in stopping the run and will be better than last year, but that is not hard to do. I like the upset pick, because the Pack have a weak o-line, and Rogers gets sacked alot. This means they don't have a good run game, so they will not run a lot. The real issue they will tee off off on COWARDLY TRENT. I was wrong and really thought Chan would change Trent and give him the vote to throw deep. I'm still cleaning that egg off my face. The Bills defense will be stuck AGAIN on the field ALL DAY and Rogers will HAVE ALL DAY to throw and even the best backfield will lose at that game.

Packers 48

Bills 13

Bills get 175 yds total offense 56 yds rushing. How can someone rush with 11 guys in the box???? Watch the safeties on how far up they play 10-15 yds back instead of 20-25.

Look, Benjamin Barker, HARCO186, who ever the hell you are, we get it, you don't like TE,

I haven't reported you and I've never reported anyone on this site ,but I'm about to start,

Care to tell me why you addressed me with this profile, but as Benjamin Barker in a thread yesterday? One of you is bad enough, but multiple profiles and all of them hell bent on discouraging Bills Fans, no,

its not happening if I can help it...

Edited by dog14787

Packers 48

Bills 13

So now not only is Edwards the blame for everything that has happened negative with the Bills over the past four seasons, he is a coward too? You are a piece of work with your 92 whole posts. If anyone is a coward it is you, go take your crap somewhere else. Wouldn't it just be quicker to make a post "I hate Trent Edwards" then sign off? Everyone gets it you dumbass.

If you think that HARCO186 is Benjamin Barker, you are a terrible judge of writing styles. Get a clue and read a little bit.

People posting criticism of Trent Edwards' terrible play isn't the same is being "hell bent on discouraging Bills Fans". Many people think that the Bills would be much better off if fans swallowed a bit of their "homer" the Bills-are-so-great-and-are-above-reproach mentality and took a spade for a spade.

Trent Edwards is horrible. He'll never be adequate. The sooner that the Bills cut him, the sooner they will have a chance at playing with a quality, elite-level NFL quarterback. Is it a guarantee, no. But what is guaranteed is that as long as Trent Edwards is the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, they will NEVER compete for a championship.

Sorry to discourage you though - I wasn't aware that keeping you pumped up and happy and blissfully ignorant was the mission statement of this website.

Edit: The Bills secondary really looked great on Sunday though. I hope they keep up the good work - they are the strength of this team at present.

Edited by akm0404

Guest dog14787

If you think that HARCO186 is Benjamin Barker, you are a terrible judge of writing styles. Get a clue and read a little bit.

People posting criticism of Trent Edwards' terrible play isn't the same is being "hell bent on discouraging Bills Fans". Many people think that the Bills would be much better off if fans swallowed a bit of their "homer" the Bills-are-so-great-and-are-above-reproach mentality and took a spade for a spade.

Trent Edwards is horrible. He'll never be adequate. The sooner that the Bills cut him, the sooner they will have a chance at playing with a quality, elite-level NFL quarterback. Is it a guarantee, no. But what is guaranteed is that as long as Trent Edwards is the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, they will NEVER compete for a championship.

Sorry to discourage you though - I wasn't aware that keeping you pumped up and happy and blissfully ignorant was the mission statement of this website.

Edit: The Bills secondary really looked great on Sunday though. I hope they keep up the good work - they are the strength of this team at present.

Care to explain why HARCO186 is addressing me in this thread for calling him names.

about 3 quarters of the way down http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/119371-worst-quarterback-in-the-nfl/page__st__20

Note: You know akm, I try to give folks something positive to think about and I don't expect everyone including you to agree with it, but how about allowing those of us who think positive and would like to enjoy the upcoming season and this forum when we come here, the space and courtesy to do so,

I don't come on this forum to piss on your Flutie flakes every morning so don't piss on mine...

Edited by dog14787

Care to explain why HARCO186 is addressing me in this thread for calling him names.

about 3 quarters of the way down http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/119371-worst-quarterback-in-the-nfl/page__st__20

Dog, quit being such and easy target and stop playing TBD police. You don't have to reply and defend Trent on every thread because we know your stance on Trent. By replying your just keeping their threads going and giving them life.

For the record, Trent was horrible on Sunday (I just want to make that clear).

We often hear about how every team needs an identity...Leodis McKelvin is a cornerstone of why I believe the Buffalo Bills are building a Championship caliber football team and with the likes of the ever so dangerous Terrence McGee and Jaiurus "the bird man" Byrd, throwing the ball against the Buffalo Bills defense is like throwing into the mouth of a pack of hungry wolves.

So the next time someone asks you, in a pass happy league, going up against some of the best signal callers the NFL has ever seen, who are these guys,

Bills 31 Packers 16

I Billieve...

Wow - love it! I predicted Bills 24-Pack 13 in a different thread, but I suppose you could be right - IF our D can keep Edwards off the field. (We already know they can accomplish what he CAN'T do - score points :nana: )

GO BILLSSS!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

Look, Benjamin Barker, HARCO186, who ever the hell you are, we get it, you don't like TE,

I haven't reported you and I've never reported anyone on this site ,but I'm about to start,

Care to tell me why you addressed me with this profile, but as Benjamin Barker in a thread yesterday? One of you is bad enough, but multiple profiles and all of them hell bent on discouraging Bills Fans, no,

"I am the Barker."

We often hear about how every team needs an identity, something that sets them apart from most other teams, its normally something the team does well and has done well over an extended period of time. In many cases the teams identity can be directly connected to why the team wins football games.

Many folks believe the Buffalo Bills lack an identity, and to be a successful ball club the Bills need to form an identity. In my opinion the Buffalo Bills have had an identity over the last few years and as in many cases its the reason the Bills generally win.

Jabari Greer was part of that identity,eventually moving on to the World Champion New Orleans Saints where Greer was instrumental in helping the Saints win their first Championship. Antoine Winfield was part of that identity before he moved on to the Vikings, Winfield is seen by many of his peers as pound per pound the hardest hitting player in the National Football League.

The Buffalo Bills have been producing some of the best DB's in the Country and the with the addition of Leaodis McKelvin the Bills continue to draft and develop some of the most talented CB's the NFL has ever seen. After a rough rookie start in the Bills 09 season where the young and talented McKelvin caught a kickoff in his own endzone with Buffalo up 24-19 over the New England Patriots in the season opener with 2:06 left in the game. McKelvin chose to return the ball instead of downing it and fumbled around the 30 yard line. It was his second fumble of the game. New England drove from the 31 yard line for what turned out to be the winning touchdown.

We all know what happened afterward, Leodis Mckelvin's property was later vandalized by a couple of teenagers painting obscenities as well as the phrase "take a knee" and the winning score of 25-24 in favor of New England on his front lawn. McKelvin chose not to press charges against the two teenagers.

Leodis McKelvin is a cornerstone of why I believe the Buffalo Bills are building a Championship caliber football team and with the likes of the ever so dangerous Terrence McGee and Jaiurus "the bird man" Byrd, throwing the ball against the Buffalo Bills defense is like throwing into the mouth of a pack of hungry wolves.

Bills 31 Packers 16

I Billieve...

Wasn't Mckelvin a rookie in 2008?

Guest dog14787

Dog, quit being such and easy target and stop playing TBD police. You don't have to reply and defend Trent on every thread because we know your stance on Trent. By replying your just keeping their threads going and giving them life.

For the record, Trent was horrible on Sunday (I just want to make that clear).

Nothing to do with being an easy target,TSW is losing good posters/Mods to the BS that's been going on here lately and I'll call it like I see it,

If the Trolls don't like it, I could personally care less...

Wasn't Mckelvin a rookie in 2008?

Yes sir, my mistake, thanks

Unfortunately, because of the new board configuration,I'm unable to correct the error,

Edited by dog14787

Nothing to do with being an easy target,TSW is losing good posters/Mods to the BS that's been going on here lately and I'll call it like I see it,

If the Trolls don't like it, I could personally care less...

Actually, I almost left after a 'nasty-gram' from Simon 'cause some dickwad reported that I was on an anti-Edwards 'crusade' <_<

(Check the board after Sunday's loss to Miami and tell me who ISN'T on an anti-Edwards crusade!)

My advice - grow a thicker skin and 'live & let live'. It's only a message board. (just my 2 shekels)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Guest dog14787

Actually, I almost left after a 'nasty-gram' from Simon 'cause some dickwad reported that I was on an anti-Edwards 'crusade' <_<

(Check the board after Sunday's loss to Miami and tell me who ISN'T on an anti-Edwards crusade!)

My advice - grow a thicker skin and 'live & let live'. It's only a message board. (just my 2 shekels)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

I would never report you Senator and despite our differences I normally enjoy your posts/positive attitude.(most of the time)

One day when Graham Harrell wins another Championship for the Green Bay Packers we will both have a good laugh,

Edited by dog14787

I would never report you Senator and despite our differences I normally enjoy your posts/positive attitude.(most of the time)

One day when Graham Harrell wins another Championship for the Green Bay Packers we will both have a good laugh,

You know it, bro! :thumbsup:

(Never even thought for a second that it was you - figured it was probably one of the Leach/Texas Tech haters out there B-) )

Bills 31 Packers 16

I Billieve...

That's beautiful! 31-16 you got gonads, but your not serious are you? I agree we have some great DB's, too bad they can't throw or block. It'll be game 4 before our offense scores 31 points...COMBINED! But I like your spunk. I too Billieve, just not in this current team. I Billieve in my Bills, just not most of these Bills if that makes any sense.

That's beautiful! 31-16 you got gonads, but your not serious are you? I agree we have some great DB's, too bad they can't throw or block. It'll be game 4 before our offense scores 31 points...COMBINED! But I like your spunk. I too Billieve, just not in this current team. I Billieve in my Bills, just not most of these Bills if that makes any sense.

Hey, you know what they say...'any given team on any given day'...well, the Bills are a team...and this Sunday is a day...

18 and 1 baby!!! B-)

I'm not sure who Barker is, but I've never changed from Harco186.I don't have multiple profiles.... If Barker said something yesterday, then so be it, but don't confuse me with others because I use this one only....

I did not have a dislike of Trent, and did believe Trent would be revived, but even reporters seen how he was, if he can't handle the heat then he needs out of the kitchen!

Boy did this thread degenerate into name calling fast :thumbdown:

Anyway I thought Leotis had a great pre-season and deserved to be named the starter.

Nothing I saw last week changed my mind. He got his hands on at least three balls (snicker)

Florence has been good but McKelvin has been great and should be starting.

McKelvin Island indeed.

In looking for positives, this guy's play has certainly been one.