• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I can take you in a wrestling match Heels :flirt:

Actually, I was on my collegiate wrestling team.... :devil:

The point I was trying to make is that there are a lot of fingers to point at a lot of people and Chan gets that. He basically said it's on him, Edwards, the entire offense.

It's a lot more refreshing to hear Chan call himself and the team out as opposed to Dead Dick's "Well...it's hard to win.." BS. At least he recognizes it and knows he has to fix it.

I'm putting the loss on the whole team where it needs to be and anyone that thinks a QB can succeed alone and make plays without a good supporting cast is so full of BS its not even funny,

Dog, my question is, if he's never played with talent and he's always looked this bad (outside of 5-6 games), how do you know that he is a good QB? Is it his career year of 2600yds 11td's/10ints? JP had 3000+ and 19td's and was sacked 47 times that year with the same pile of crap personnel WR's,TE's and O Line.

46,47,46(Super Bowl Champs) and 50.. are the number of times Big Ben has been sacked over the last 4 years. Aaron Rodgers and BB were both sacked 50 times last year and BOTH OF THEM HAD CAREER YEARS!!! Quit with the excuses! Trent is just not a good QB. Not a bad guy, but not a good QB!

BTW, Cutler was sacked 4 time yesterday and his running game averaged 2.9 yards per carry yet Cutler managed to throw for 370 and 2 TD's. His supporting cast sucks too..sooo....

Edited by John Cocktosten

You guys like Dog who blame the O-Line are living in a fantasy world. This guy would be terrible behind pro-bowlers.As far as I am concerned, he has one more game left in his Bills career. If he is this bad again, I'd cut him and re-sign Levi.

Same goes for our big free agent pick-up Green. Send a message to the rest of the team. Mediocrity will no longer be tolerated.

Guess we will never know how he would do behind Pro Bowlers, since he can't even get an mediocre NFL caliber line in front of him. If Jim Kelly played behind this line (and no I am not comparing Edwards to Kelly), he would have been ran out of town before he ever got a chance to prove what he could do, as would have Thurman, Kenny Davis, Carwell Gardner etc. There would also have been a bunch of people who were trying to trade Andre Reed on this board like they are with Lee Evans because he had a quarterback that didn't have time to do anything. This new FO and Coaching Staff chose to stay with what little we already had at the QB position, so now we all have to live with it. They chose not to address the offensive tackles (or lack thereof), the other major weakness of this team, so we have to live with the worst offensive line that this league has seen in years, so I say if you get rid of anyone, get rid of them, they are just as responsible if not more for the continued pathetic performance of this minor league franchise we call ours.

Edited by billsfreak

Fitz played a similar Miami team last Nov., same crummy offensive line. All he did was throw for 250+ yds and ran for another 50 in a 31-14 win. Yeah- i'd say Fitz is better.

Wrong. New defensive coordinator in Mike Nolan, who has run some of the best 4-3 and 3-4 defenses in the NFL. New personnel in Carlos Dansby and new scheme. I am not saying Fitz was not better, just different situations.

I am not a defender, but if would have been nice to see the guy get a little protection - the offensive line was pretty bad.

I commend you for being quite nice in describing that farce that was said they were an offensive line. But hey, if you listen to people on this board, Edwards should have thrown for 500 yards and 12 touchdowns, despite the fact that pass rushers got to him about the same time as the ball did. I don't understand why everyone that is yelling to get rid of Edwards isn't yelling to get rid of Spiller too, did you see how pathetic he was-it couldn't have been the blocking. I am not defending Edwards, but when people talk with such little knowledge about football, I can't help but chime in.

I don't know why people think that other teams have these great offensive lines?!? it mystifies me. Of course Buffalo's O-line blows...but listen to the fans of like 20 other teams. They all complain about the O-line as well. Very few are happy with that group.

My point in this thread is "body of work". And Trent's body of work is way below average and bordering on really bad. He's actually regressed since he came into the league. He's never thrown for 300 yards. My god...if he lines up and throws 60 passes, he still would not complete enough to garner 300 yds! He has no clue when to release the ball? no awareness of the situation?!? no explosiveness whatsoever?!?

I could only dream of a situation where we had a Tyler Thigpen or Sage Rosenfels. What a sad testament to Trent. Those 2 guys can actually complete balls downfield and play with passion.

Cry, Cry, Cry,Cry, Cry

Well its just to bad isn't it, because Trent's not going anywhere, and TE's stats/results would be twice as good If it wasn't for the penalties and mistakes that he had zero to do with,

Did Gailey seemed very concerned with the play of his QB, no he did not, in fact he specifically came out and said TE made some good throws and you can't blame him for everyone else's mistakes,

So you guys just keep going on and on and on about a QB that isn't going to get benched and is only going to get better,

Good grief, New offense,inexperienced O-line, whole new coaching staff, the most pitiful TE situation in the league over the last decade, the most pitiful left and right tackle situation in the league and Trents group of WR's is probably one of the the worse groups of receivers in the league when it comes to talent.

This site is so full of cry babies right now looking to put the blame on one person its pathetic,

Tony Romo scored 7 points last night, oh nooooooooo, the cowboys better bench Romo, oh dear, what are they going to do, the cowboys have on of the best OC's in the league, its got to be the QB

The Cowboys,Colts,Bengals,Falcons, Eagles, Vikings and tonight we will add the Jets or ravens to the mix. All playoff caliber football teams losing their season opener, OMG what are they going to do now :o

Give me a break with all the BS over our QB and put the blame on the whole team where it belongs :thumbdown:

Obviously you are not watching the same games as everyone else. Noone here is crying, just stating facts. This guy is putrid. Are some of the other members of this team as well? Absolutely. It doesn't make Trent Edwards any better. He is terrible. He will never amount to anything in this league. Yes, it's true that the O-Line could be better, but even Fitzpatrick outperformed this guy last year and Fitz is no Joe Montana. We just need a competent QB and this team can compete. Face it. He is horrible.

Guest dog14787

Dog, my question is, if he's never played with talent and he's always looked this bad (outside of 5-6 games), how do you know that he is a good QB? Is it his career year of 2600yds 11td's/10ints? JP had 3000+ and 19td's and was sacked 47 times that year with the same pile of crap personnel WR's,TE's and O Line.

46,47,46(Super Bowl Champs) and 50.. are the number of times Big Ben has been sacked over the last 4 years. Aaron Rodgers and BB were both sacked 50 times last year and BOTH OF THEM HAD CAREER YEARS!!! Quit with the excuses! Trent is just not a good QB. Not a bad guy, but not a good QB!

BTW, Cutler was sacked 4 time yesterday and his running game averaged 2.9 yards per carry yet Cutler managed to throw for 370 and 2 TD's. His supporting cast sucks too..sooo....

Same way I knew Tom Brady was going to be a Championship caliber QB when he was still in college,

Folks thought I was crazy for saying it back then, but look at him now

Obviously you are not watching the same games as everyone else. Noone here is crying, just stating facts. This guy is putrid. Are some of the other members of this team as well? Absolutely. It doesn't make Trent Edwards any better. He is terrible. He will never amount to anything in this league. Yes, it's true that the O-Line could be better, but even Fitzpatrick outperformed this guy last year and Fitz is no Joe Montana. We just need a competent QB and this team can compete. Face it. He is horrible.

Did you happen see the long pass that was right off of the finger tips of Lee Evans after TE was flushed out of the pocket, or how about the long pass that chances are If Lee wasn't arm barred he would have got to, at the very least it should have been pass interference. Or how about the other two long pass plays(receptions) that got called back because of holding calls, Or how about the drive were TE finally took control of the offense himself with a no huddle and drove right down the field and scored,

Obviously, You guys see what you want to see :thumbdown:

Edited by dog14787