Is anyone else embarrassed?

Dorkington

Of course not. Anyone who has the right to be embarrassed about that game must have been involved enough to have altered the course.

I read all the preseason stuff, posted on this board, watched the games where I could, and hoped that Chan would turn the team around and resurrect Edwards lost career, but embarrassed? What in the world has any fan done to deserve the right to be embarrassed??

Upon further thought – if it is because of building the team up into Superbowl contenders with a facade was so fragile that a 5 point loss to a good football team shattered the world, then the embarrassment is more about one’s own flawed perception of reality and failure to contextualize Fanhood.

The only thing that I am even humbled about is that in one of these threads I thought Derrick Anderson was not any better than what was on the roster and therefore not worth pursuing. Not that it would have changed anyone else's mind, or the course of history, but it seems he might have been a worthwhile pick up after all, based on what I saw yesterday.

Saint Louis stacked the box and dared him to throw it and he did right down their throats.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In front of others your wife tells a stupid, old joke that you have no control over and there is dead silence...not even crickets.

Your not embarrassed?

:P

Also, you can have some control over your embarrassment, for example, by properly using "you're" instead of "your" and realizing it before it is too late to edit your post.

...but you still feel good about the proper use of the word "too".

It's obvious that the Bills coaches didn't know how to prepare for Mike Nolan's defense. Besides the one drive for a TD, Gailey had no answers.

Right because Mike Nolan was the 1st Defensive Coordinator to come up with a Game Plan to stop a Trent Edwards led Offense... :unsure:

You'll see in time...I'm not saying Miami has a bad Defense...Just saying what happened yesterday has happened PLENTY of times before over the past 3 Years...The Bills do not have a QB that can take advantage of what Defensive Coordinators are throwing at them...Give me any of the Top 10 QB's in this league and sure they are going to struggle at times behind The Bills O-Line...But they're also going to make some big plays and key passes to keep the chains moving...They'll do just enough to loosen up that Run Defense and then all bets are off...

The Bills have plenty of problems on Offense...No question...And yes Gailey could have had a better Game Plan yesterday...But these are all issues a good QB is going to cover up a bit...And the Bills don't have a good QB...They don't even have an average QB...They have one of the worst in the league... B-)

Also, you can have some control over your embarrassment, for example, by properly using "you're" instead of "your" and realizing it before it is too late to edit your post.

...but you still feel good about the proper use of the word "too".

Or perhaps the embarrassment you feel when everybody realizes you're the self-appointed grammar guru of The Stadium Wall...a highly esteemed position by at least one person.

Embarrassed? No. Disgusted.

Mrs. #81 & I recently returned to Jax, FL and we had the whole fam-damily over for a kick off party. 'Grandies' were decked out in uniforms and cheerleader outfits, adults wearin' jersey's and memorabilia adorning the ent. center. Then the game began.. The Grandies (grandchildren) didn't understand the family mood afterwards, given the joyous mood of the get-together to begin with.

I have a little dilema now. A generation ago,I, well, 'forced' my children into Bills fandom -who ARE embarrassed- and I really don't want to make the same error on the 3rd generation. It simply is no fun being a Bills fan this century.

Embarrassed? No. Disgusted.

Mrs. #81 & I recently returned to Jax, FL and we had the whole fam-damily over for a kick off party. 'Grandies' were decked out in uniforms and cheerleader outfits, adults wearin' jersey's and memorabilia adorning the ent. center. Then the game began.. The Grandies (grandchildren) didn't understand the family mood afterwards, given the joyous mood of the get-together to begin with.

I have a little dilema now. A generation ago,I, well, 'forced' my children into Bills fandom -who ARE embarrassed- and I really don't want to make the same error on the 3rd generation. It simply is no fun being a Bills fan this century.

Dang man...you're in deep! If I were in your shoes, I think I would move to Fairbanks. I hear the aurora borealis is awesome up there!

Edited by Enuf-is-Enuf