No reports on poor fan behavior

I booed alot....and said the F word. :blush:

That's no very lady like! ;)

Can't say I blame you though. I was more or less expecting that kind of performance from the offense so I was not quite as put off by it. That's probably why my wife did not have to tell the kids to watch the game in another room while I F-bombed away.

Well we were asked politely to leave by security because we were too "negative"!!!!!!!!!! I love new season tix holders and one game a yr ppl that show up and think its the damn SB............the game was horrible yesterday. Sorry everyone around is content and not outraged w/ that. This is our third yr w/ season tix and I am tired of paying HARD earned money for filet mignon and getting steak-ums. Now, I am sure it was annoying to hear negativity but this is where the FO has put the fans; disgusted and frustrated.

I have heard that security is going to be more strict with this now. Particularly standing and swearing.

Supposedly it is 2 warnings then out of the game with no exceptions now.

Sounds like they are sticking to that, at least for now.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The Ralph has really become a tough atmosphere to take someone who isn't a die-hard fan to a game. I hadn't been to a game since 1998, because I've lived elsewhere a lot of that time or just not had the money to go, but I went with my wife last year who'd never been to a football game.

It was the Browns game, sadly, which is probably the worst first professional football game that a person could have possibly witnessed. But I was really disappointed with the way people acted. I feel like the crowd is a lot younger now than it was a decade ago, and I also think that because the team has been so bad there's been a much bigger focus on the pre-game experience, so to speak, IE, drinking oneself stupid.

We didn't have any beer spilled on us or anything, but we did have some out-of-towners around us (mostly from Canada) who were all quite belligerently drunk. The people sitting to the left of us were college age guys who were continuously calling my wife sexually explicit names, albeit in a playful manner, this went on as they continued to drink for the entire game, and it went from funny to annoying to a bit weird and frightening to rude. The guys in front of us, older but also from Canada, spent a majority of the game drunkenly cursing at the Browns fans who had seats a few rows below, and this too was funny the first three or so times they did it, but got very annoying for the rest of the game when they'd stand up in the middle of a play to cuss at someone who wasn't even paying attention to them.

I don't think that's indicative of all Canadian fans or out of towners (My wife and I are out of towners, and we behave like angels!), but the folks behind us, who were older, and from Buffalo, were very respectful and welcoming, and I think a literal embarrassed for my wife that this was her first Bills experience.

I should also mention that we're not particularly old, so I'm not saying that young people can't behave themselves at the game, but I do think the geriatric nature of the stadium fifteen or so years ago made the atmosphere a little more family friendly.

On a side note, we went to the HSBC the same week to see the Sabres defeat the Red Wings, and the wife had a great time. The experiences are day and night.

Edited by wardigital

I also think that because the team has been so bad there's been a much bigger focus on the pre-game experience, so to speak, IE, drinking oneself stupid.

A Bills game is now an excuse to act like some sort of out of control loser, for someone who is probably pretty normal the rest of the time. It is also the mob mentality too.

I did not go to the game. But after the game like at 4:30 my wife and I were walking down Union Rd in West Seneca at Center Rd. The light is red, and a stopped conversion van about 2 car lengths in front of us starts throwing cans out the window on to the sidewalk. I got up to the van pretty angry and started giving them #### about dumping their #### in my town. The guy stutters "they are only cans" and takes off when the light turns green. 4 guys in the van about 40's to 50's, and I'm 54. I really wanted to chuck a can at these guys, but don't want to escalate this into something more. Still, I hope I gave these guys something to think about next time at least.

Still pisses me off :)

We didn't have any beer spilled on us or anything, but we did have some out-of-towners around us (mostly from Canada) who were all quite belligerently drunk. The people sitting to the left of us were college age guys who were continuously calling my wife sexually explicit names, albeit in a playful manner, this went on as they continued to drink for the entire game, and it went from funny to annoying to a bit weird and frightening to rude. The guys in front of us, older but also from Canada, spent a majority of the game drunkenly cursing at the Browns fans who had seats a few rows below, and this too was funny the first three or so times they did it, but got very annoying for the rest of the game when they'd stand up in the middle of a play to cuss at someone who wasn't even paying attention to them.

My worst experiences at the Ralph, and I have been going for over 30 years (including to a Browns-Bills game in 1980 when the rowdiness was actually much worse than it is now) have been with Canadians. Interestingly, this is not true at HSBC, even when the Loafs are in town. I wonder why that's the case. Discuss.

A Bills game is now an excuse to act like some sort of out of control loser, for someone who is probably pretty normal the rest of the time. It is also the mob mentality too.

I did not go to the game. But after the game like at 4:30 my wife and I were walking down Union Rd in West Seneca at Center Rd. The light is red, and a stopped conversion van about 2 car lengths in front of us starts throwing cans out the window on to the sidewalk. I got up to the van pretty angry and started giving them #### about dumping their #### in my town. The guy stutters "they are only cans" and takes off when the light turns green. 4 guys in the van about 40's to 50's, and I'm 54. I really wanted to chuck a can at these guys, but don't want to escalate this into something more. Still, I hope I gave these guys something to think about next time at least.

Still pisses me off :)

Im sorry thats really messed up....i woulda said something too just a complete lack of respect in general there.

When i get to the game i am very passionate and generally pretty loud but i make sure i only direct it at the product on the field. if there are kids around i make sure to watch my language too. I think parents appreciate that and if i had my son/ daughter nephew whatever there i would like that as well. Occasionally ill rip on a fan but i try to keep it playful and harmless. (yesterday i shook hands with a dolphins fan and said good luck but i hope you lose big today...go bills!)

Im sorry thats really messed up....i woulda said something too just a complete lack of respect in general there.

When i get to the game i am very passionate and generally pretty loud but i make sure i only direct it at the product on the field. if there are kids around i make sure to watch my language too. I think parents appreciate that and if i had my son/ daughter nephew whatever there i would like that as well. Occasionally ill rip on a fan but i try to keep it playful and harmless. (yesterday i shook hands with a dolphins fan and said good luck but i hope you lose big today...go bills!)

That's cool. I meant to say that only 10% act like that. Not everyone the way my post came out