Rooting for Injuries

83 members have voted

1. 1. Would you feel happy if Brady got hurt?

• Hell yah!
    • Nope

In another thread, I mentioned I would be happy if Tom Brady got injured. I was SHOCKED when many people were upset at this remark, and thought I was way out of line.

Am I really the only one that was happy and was high fiving people when Brady suffered that early season knee injury a couple years ago?

Do you guys not remember when Wilfork threw and intentional forearm shiv into the side of Losman's knee and injured him on purpose?

We couldn't beat the Patriots the year Brady was hurt anyways, but at least we stood a better chance. They are confirmed cheaters on many different fronts, we need any advantage we can get.

If Stroud lays a vicious sack on Brady this year and knocks him out of the game, you better believe I will be cheering my ass off about it! :)

Edited by Benjamin Barker

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So when someone hits Spiller on the sideline after he is down and he doesn't get up, it is ok for the fans on the other team to cheer it?

Like I said in the other thread, I hope you get hurt. :wallbash: What are you a psychopath?

Brady whether he plays for the Cheats* or not is prolly the best the game has ever seen. I want my team to beat the best the competition has to offer. Do I want him injured no. I don't want anyone injured, even Wolford.

BTW I am not voting your stupid poll.

You may get troll status soon, you are being considered for the ignore list.

Edited by bowery4

Wow this question really twists me up a bit. It's a moral dilemma to me. I would not wish a season ending or career ending injury on anyone. Although back in the day I did for Marino! Let's just say if Brady got knocked out for the season I WOULD NOT COMPLAIN ONE BIT!!!!! I would smile inside and feel guilty about it. That would be sick, it wouldn't even be good to smile about it. Still trying to figure out my emotions on this one. You and your thought provoking poll Benjamin. I can't vote yes or no. I would vote "mixed emotions" on this one.

Reading Bowery's post set me straight. You can't wish injuries on anyone.

I think the only reason why I even considered voting yes was because of players like jeremy stevens. Other than him and a few other exceptions, I would never condone injury on anyone.

Maybe a more happy go lucky poll next time?

Edited by Pilsner

In another thread, I mentioned I would be happy if Tom Brady got injured. I was SHOCKED when many people were upset at this remark, and thought I was way out of line.

Am I really the only one that was happy and was high fiving people when Brady suffered that early season knee injury a couple years ago?

Do you guys not remember when Wilfork threw and intentional forearm shiv into the side of Losman's knee and injured him on purpose?

We couldn't beat the Patriots the year Brady was hurt anyways, but at least we stood a better chance. They are confirmed cheaters on many different fronts, we need any advantage we can get.

If Stroud lays a vicious sack on Brady this year and knocks him out of the game, you better believe I will be cheering my ass off about it! :)

#1 It's a game that's less important than the human beings who play it.

#2 Rooting for anyone to be injured is a bit sick, JMO.

#3 I'd rather beat a team at full strength rather than give their whiny fans a reason to make excuses.

#4 Taking the high road is always the better thing to do.

#5 Legal hits that "jack up" a dude are awesome. Sometimes referred to snot bubblers. Vince Wilfork has to live with himself and I have to live with myself. I can't be happy with myself if I wish ill will on others.

So when someone hits Spiller on the sideline after he is down and he doesn't get up, it is ok for the fans on the other team to cheer it?

Like I said in the other thread, I hope you get hurt. :wallbash: What are you a psychopath?

Brady whether he plays for the Cheats* or not is prolly the best the game has ever seen. I want my team to beat the best the competition has to offer. Do I want him injured no. I don't want anyone injured, even Wolford.

Bowery you have said multiple times now that you want me to get injured.

Let's think about this.

I want Tom Brady to get injured because I don't like the Patriots and it would help the Bills win. He will still be a mega millionaire and has access to the world's best doctors and will still have a wonderful life ahead of him, but he'll just miss a few football games. Players get hurt every single game, it's part of football. Yet you think feel strongly this is wrong thinking on my part.

HOWEVER

You want me to get hurt! How is that better?! You are still wishing for someone to get injured!

Except I'm just an average guy with crappy health insurance, and if I got injured it would have a much tougher impact on my life. I'd miss work and have trouble with the medical bills. You don't agree with my opinions on some Internet forum, and as a result you want me to get physically hurt?

This is really what you want? How badly do you want me to be injured? Do you also want me to die? Or just get beaten up really badly?

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Think about what you are saying.

Edited by Benjamin Barker

Bowery you have said multiple times now that you want me to get injured.

Let's think about this.

I want Tom Brady to get injured because I don't like the Patriots and it would help the Bills win. He will still be a mega millionaire and has access to the world's best doctors and will still have a wonderful life ahead of him, but he'll just miss a few football games. Players get hurt every single game, it's part of football. Yet you think feel strongly this is wrong thinking on my part.

HOWEVER

You want me to get hurt! How is that better?! You are still wishing for someone to get injured!

Except I'm just an average guy with crappy health insurance, and if I got injured it would have a much tougher impact on my life. I'd miss work and have trouble with the medical bills. You don't agree with my opinions on some Internet forum, and as a result you want me to get physically hurt?

This is really what you want? How badly do you want me to be injured? Do you also want me to die? Or just get beaten up really badly?

Seriously, what is wrong with you? Think about it.

Think about what you are saying.

I don't think he really wants you to get hurt. I think he's trying to show you that it wouldn't be cool for someone to enjoy seeing you hurt. He's trying to make you see if from a personal perspective.

To everyone else:

Do you at least want the Bills defense to lay a big hit on Tom Brady? I know if he takes a big blindside shot there is a good chance it will hurt him, but I still want it to happen, don't you?

If Welker goes across the middle, do you want our safeties to lay the lumber to him? If he takes a really violent shot and gets shaken up and our defense sends a message, wouldn't you cheer?

Is it okay if I want him to just get shaken up and maybe miss a play or two, but not the whole game? Or maybe be happy if we nail him and knock him out of just one game?

It's a violent sport, where people literally try to hurt each other with big hits all the time.

Where do you draw the line then?

#3 I'd rather beat a team at full strength rather than give their whiny fans a reason to make excuses.

#5 Legal hits that "jack up" a dude are awesome. Sometimes referred to snot bubblers. Vince Wilfork has to live with himself and I have to live with myself. I can't be happy with myself if I wish ill will on others.

Great points. I hope a good number of posters and lurkers here read your post.

good post :thumbsup:

I don't think he really wants you to get hurt. I think he's trying to show you that it wouldn't be cool for someone to enjoy seeing you hurt. He's trying to make you see if from a personal perspective.

That is correct. I don't want you hurt just wondering if you can see it from a different perspective. Sorry I am a drama queen.

BTW psychopath:

A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

Benjamin

I liked your poll about the hair :worthy:

That was light hearted and funnyish.

The one about SB qbs was ok

The one with grades um..... not so much (not well thought out),

this one just lacks empathy and humanity

Edited by bowery4

I won't actively root for an injury to anyone...nor would I be happy if Tom Brady suffered a season-ending injury...wasn't unhappy about it when it happened, either. However, while I don't root for them to get injured, I would get a bit of a chuckle out of it if scumbags like Vick, Wilfork, Peters, and McGahee's careers ended

Brady is the best the has seen?he is very overhyped and gets tons of media love (dont believe the hype), maybe one year in his career has he even been top five in the league, he benifits from excellent coaching and being on a great team, do i root for an injury? no that is ridiculous! i do hope he plays poorly

Benjamin you might want to seriously reconsider your priorities. I generally respect alternate opinions of posters on this board. Aside from the fact that Brady is fellow human being, wouldn't you rather the Bills beat the Patriots at their best?

You guys need to get in touch with reality and come off this happy frappy love one another baloney.

You realize that NFL players are specifically trying to give other people a concussion on nearly every down? This is a man's game, get real.

After an interception, defenders always seek out the other team's QB and try to lay a cheapshot on him. Gregggg was coaching up the Saints D to specifically try to hurt Favre and others in the playoffs.

If some receiver goes across the middle, they are taught to knock him out so violently that he will be afraid to ever go across the middle again.

And you guys still won't address the question of whether it's okay to then root for Brady to get hit really hard where it just sidelines him for a play or two, just a minor injury? Can I root for that kind of hit? How about a hit so vicious it knocks him out for a half? A game?

Or should I just root for the Bills D to gently cradle him to the ground if they manage to touch him?

Benjamin you might want to seriously reconsider your priorities. I generally respect alternate opinions of posters on this board. Aside from the fact that Brady is fellow human being, wouldn't you rather the Bills beat the Patriots at their best?

Too late. The Patriots*, and Tom Brady's best days are behind them.

I voted NO. Wishing harm to a fellow human being, particularly one who has done no personal harm to you, says a lot about your character, Benjamin. What has TB ever done to you, other than out-play the Buffalo Bills? You should feel priveledged to watch him play, he is one of the greats. Isn't that what you want to see on Sundays? Ever hear of the Golden Rule?

I'll admit there was a short period in life when hatred dominated my every thought. I fantasized about the million bad things I wanted to inflict upon a certain cretan who entered my life. Thank God that has passed. Hatred is evil my friend.

Wishing you all the best...

GO BILLS!!!

You guys need to get in touch with reality and come off this happy frappy love one another baloney.

You realize that NFL players are specifically trying to give other people a concussion on nearly every down? This is a man's game, get real.

After an interception, defenders always seek out the other team's QB and try to lay a cheapshot on him. Gregggg was coaching up the Saints D to specifically try to hurt Favre and others in the playoffs.

If some receiver goes across the middle, they are taught to knock him out so violently that he will be afraid to ever go across the middle again.

And you guys still won't address the question of whether it's okay to then root for Brady to get hit really hard where it just sidelines him for a play or two, just a minor injury? Can I root for that kind of hit? How about a hit so vicious it knocks him out for a half? A game?

Or should I just root for the Bills D to gently cradle him to the ground if they manage to touch him?

You are looking for confirmation in the wrong place dude. If you think it is cool to cheer an injury, go right ahead. Don't be surprised when kinder folk avoid your company.

Ever hear of a thing called sportsmanship, you loser! Have you ever played a sport in your life? That's like saying you'd clap if a player on an opposing team went down, not when he got up. You're trash, and anyone who agrees with you, or cheers another players injury, is trash.