Season ticket base dropped by over 11,000

BTW, I have heard some say the Bills picked CJ Spiller as some brilliant marketing ploy (you listening Bill?). I guess that was poorly played, then.

How many less seats would they have sold were it not for Spiller? I get messages from the Bills about Spiller on facebook. And, if he breaks a few long runs, individual game sales will go up.

One thing I think is beyond dispute is that Mr. Wilson knows how to make money. And, I am happy about this. I want the Bills to stay in WNY. It WOULD however be nice if he was adept at building a winning football team. Instead, he turned over decision making to misfits such as Levy and Jauron.

And btw, jw openly stated that Mr. Wilson WAS involved with that particular selection.

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

You don't think there can be several reasons for the decline? If it were a GREAT economy you don't think there may be fewer people who give up their season tickets?

I'm guessing it is a number of things. The Bills continual losing has to be one of the biggest, but I would guess the economy plays a part, too.

BTW, I have heard some say the Bills picked CJ Spiller as some brilliant marketing ploy (you listening Bill?). I guess that was poorly played, then.

Not all marketing ploys get a instant return. Wait until next year. :thumbsup: (after this kid kicks some ass) I know what you were saying thought....

[quote name='Bill from NYC' timestamp='1284082758' post='How many less seats would they have sold were it not for Spiller? I get messages from

And btw, jw openly stated that Mr. Wilson WAS involved with that particular selection.

:lol:

JW? Jhan Gailey? Juddy Hicks? Jalph Hilson?

Wilson's involvement, or not, I fail to see how with players like Clausen and Tebow available (to name two) the choice of CJ Spiller was a "marketing choice".

Did you notice the outpouring of approval from Bills fans? Me neither.

Did you hear the din of disapproval they didn't get an OT or QB or an OLB? Me too.

CJ Spiller. Another running back with Lynch and Jackson already in the fold. CJ Spiller...no Heisman. Not the constant the primary/constant focus of pre-draft media coverage. CJ Spiller. Just an undersized, highly productive and dynamic, multi-threat that Gailey simply LOVES to have. Yup. They only drafted him for "marketing" purposes.

Edited by The Dean