Trent's explanation for good preseason

Anyone else stuck by Trent's comments (at the 4:30 mark) about "seeing the field more" and "defenses slowing down"?

Frequently you will hear accomplished players in different sports (Gretzky, etc.) talk about the game slowing down for them. Trent's description gives me hope about his progress and an indication that he may already be benefitting from competent coaching. I think this team will be fun to watch offensively this year.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Bills-Roundup-Two-Players-Sign-Injury-Updates/f9630e2c-bde9-47d1-b487-b387d76399c7#?id=1780cdda-6b0d-4b1f-87a9-d8bc7420b053

(Click on the Trent video.)

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Anyone else stuck by Trent's comments (at the 4:30 mark) about "seeing the field more" and "defenses slowing down"?

Frequently you will hear accomplished players in different sports (Gretzky, etc.) talk about the game slowing down for them. Trent's description gives me hope about his progress and an indication that he may already be benefitting from competent coaching. I think this team will be fun to watch offensively this year.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Bills-Roundup-Two-Players-Sign-Injury-Updates/f9630e2c-bde9-47d1-b487-b387d76399c7#?id=1780cdda-6b0d-4b1f-87a9-d8bc7420b053

I honestly consider that he's never recovered from that concussion. Maybe this is a sign that he is finally 100%? That, and this naturally comes with experience.

This is a good statement to hear.

(Click on the Trent video.)

Wait till he gets sacked hard again, then it will be Capt Checkdown to the rescue.

let's just hope that what he is saying is true and he plays well this season. I admit, I jumped on the Trent Band Wagon after that 4th game when we went 4-0..... of course, my feelings were shattered into a million pieces that season.

Yup. He's the big ? We know him to be a solid manager of a vanilla offense and we know him to look horribly scared when things get tough. Gailey brings an NFL offense to him. IMO, it's safe to say we haven't seen anything of Trent with a real offense to command. I'll be glued to the screen this Sunday!

Hey! Where's my leg lamp?!? :angry: It was good enough to provide the 'soft glow of sex' up and down Cleveland Street!

I want to believe this. I really, really do. Trent showed enough flashes of greatness with that 4-0 start that I thought he could be special.

It's possible that he, indeed, is now just recovering from that concussion.

It is possible that Chan Gailey is experienced and clever enough to take stock of Trent's strengths and weaknesses and then devise a style of play that benefits him the greatest.

It's possible that this preseason, orders of magnitude better than the previous, is an indicator of a better year.

But until we actually step up and start winning games that we shouldn't I'm going to reserve some skepticism.