Shall I Start Now?

buckeyemike

I know, the sweep over Miami is still warm.

But I would like to provide the feelings in Cleveland right now. The Browns gave up 42 to the Patriots today. At home. Including the opening kickoff for a New England touchdown.

Sound familiar, Dolphin fans? :w00t:

McCown did fairly well, so he probably starts against the Bills next Sunday. With Buffalo on a roll right now, I gotta figure the line's gonna be at least 7.

People on the radio are still taking shots at Butch Davis. It's not gonna do any good, Browns fans. He's gone. The team will be almost totally revamped this offseason. I can't see the Browns, who haven't won since October 17, beating a hot Bills team in Orchard Park with over 70,000 Buffalo fans screaming their lungs out.

Sadly, I wish I could be there in Orchard Park, but I cannot. The next three weeks for me at work are very busy, including a criminal trial on a huge drug case on the 15th.

Interesting thought...since I drove up to Buffalo and bought my London Fletcher jersey at the Bills Shop on October 11, the Bills are 6-2.

Coincidence? I think not. :w00t::w00t:

Filing reports from the home of your next opponent,

Mike

I know, the sweep over Miami is still warm.

But I would like to provide the feelings in Cleveland right now.  The Browns gave up 42 to the Patriots today.  At home.  Including the opening kickoff for a New England touchdown.

Sound familiar, Dolphin fans?   :w00t:

McCown did fairly well, so he probably starts against the Bills next Sunday.  With Buffalo on a roll right now, I gotta figure the line's gonna be at least 7.

People on the radio are still taking shots at Butch Davis.  It's not gonna do any good, Browns fans.  He's gone.  The team will be almost totally revamped this offseason.  I can't see the Browns, who haven't won since October 17, beating a hot Bills team in Orchard Park with over 70,000 Buffalo fans screaming their lungs out.

Sadly, I wish I could be there in Orchard Park, but I cannot.  The next three weeks for me at work are very busy, including a criminal trial on a huge drug case on the 15th.

Interesting thought...since I drove up to Buffalo and bought my London Fletcher jersey at the Bills Shop on October 11, the Bills are 6-2.

Coincidence?  I think not.   :w00t:  :w00t:

Filing reports from the home of your next opponent,

Mike

147372[/snapback]

All games, obviously, when you're in the Bills situation are must wins. But the way the Bills played against the Dolphins after the Fins took the 10 point lead was a good sign for the maturity of the team. Balls start to bounce your way when you are a winner versus a loser, and we may have turned that corner. This game against the Browns is another easy letdown game and it will be intereesting to see how Mularkey gets the team up for the game after two good road wins. The players will OBVIOUSLY say all the garbage in the press about one game at a time and it means nothing if we cannot win this game but how they play on the field is the only true indicator. I think the Bills kick ass this week, and romp.

All games, obviously, when you're in the Bills situation are must wins. But the way the Bills played against the Dolphins after the Fins took the 10 point lead was a good sign for the maturity of the team. Balls start to bounce your way when you are a winner versus a loser, and we may have turned that corner. This game against the Browns is another easy letdown game and it will be intereesting to see how Mularkey gets the team up for the game after two good road wins. The players will OBVIOUSLY say all the garbage in the press about one game at a time and it means nothing if we cannot win this game but how they play on the field is the only true indicator. I think the Bills kick ass this week, and romp.

147408[/snapback]

The Bills have scored 38, 38, and 42 points in their last three games.

The Browns have allowed 100 points the past two weeks.

This has "letdown game" written all over it. The Bills should win and win easily, but MM needs to warn the squad not to look past a reeling Browns team.

What else could "Any Given Sunday" mean?

Mike

Not a letdown. Blowout game! Home fans after a pair of big road wins, the Bills are going to be coming back juiced. Other things are breaking their way now, with Jax and Baltimore losing. The only shame is that the D isn't going to give up enough scores to get kick return TDs.

With Butch Davis now gone and after watching the play of the Browns today, I am wondering this:

Should the Browns have kept Chris Palmer as their coach...seems to be doing a good job as OC in Houston?

147436[/snapback]

Um, didn't he already have a chance in Cleveland?

People on the radio are still taking shots at Butch Davis. It's not gonna do any good, Browns fans. He's gone. The team will be almost totally revamped this offseason.

It has sort of seemed to me that Butch Davis was pretty good on Sundays but that most of his problems were the result of some poor personell decisions.

Is there any sense in the Mistake on the Lake that maybe the Browns would have been better served to keep him on as a coach but remove all his GM duties? Or are they just sick of his ugly face?-)

Cya

It has sort of seemed to me that Butch Davis was pretty good on Sundays but that most of his problems were the result of some poor personell decisions.

Is there any sense in the Mistake on the Lake that maybe the Browns would have been better served to keep him on as a coach but remove all his GM duties? Or are they just sick of his ugly face?-)

I don't think that was an option for either the owner OR Davis. He wanted total control and they wanted him out.

Two observations from a distance (NJ) where we didn't see the game today:

1. I agree there will be a howling rabid pro-Bills crowd at the Ralph on Sunday, but I thought I heard last summer that ths game was an early sellout because of all the Browns fans who bought pickets planning to drive up for what looked like an easy game (then) on the Cleveland schedule. Anybody know how many Cleveland tix were sold? (We'll be seeing the same thing, but more seriously, for the Steelers game.) I wonder if we'll have a lot of empty seats from Cleveland ticketholders who won't want to bother anymore.

2. Did you ever think the biggest problem in week 14 would be the risk the Bills were looking past Cleveland because they had Cincinatti the next week?

Sadly, I wish I could be there in Orchard Park, but I cannot.  The next three weeks for me at work are very busy, including a criminal trial on a huge drug case on the 15th.

147372[/snapback]

Tell us... What kinds of drugs did you get busted with? (just kidding, of course)

;)

I have a jury trial scheduled for a client on the 15th. He's a kid who's facing ten years in prison for having over 100 grams of crack cocaine. I'm already preparing for it.

The main hope here in Cleveland is that the Bills are looking past the Browns, because they have the Bengals the following week. I haven't heard much here regarding the Bills to this point, but it's only Monday morning. That will come.

BTW, how many tickets left for Sunday's game?

Mike