Would you rather go 7-9 or 1-14?

beggar13

I think we are headed for another seven and nine season and I just don't know how I feel about that.

09/12 MIAMI DOLPHINS WIN

09/19 @ Green Bay Packers LOSS

09/26 @ New England Patriots LOSS

10/03 NEW YORK JETS WIN

10/10 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS WIN

10/17 BYE

10/24 @ Baltimore Ravens LOSS

10/31 @ Kansas City Chiefs WIN

11/07 CHICAGO BEARS (Toronto) WIN

11/14 DETROIT LIONS WIN

11/21 @ Cincinnati Bengals LOSS

11/28 PITTSBURGH STEELERS LOSS

12/05 @ Minnesota Vikings LOSS

12/12 CLEVELAND BROWNS WIN

12/19 @ Miami Dolphins LOSS

12/26 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS LOSS

01/02 @ New York Jets LOSS

On a previous post, I commented that I would like to see us go 1-15 and take a QB. Since that time we have seen the offense look good against the Colts and Cinci. Even if we are going to be better that most "experts" are predicting, is another 7-9 season better than a 1-15? Right now I really don't know which I would prefer, which is why I thought I would post the question and get your thoughts.

OK, I can't type this early in the day. 1-15 is what the subject line should say.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see. Watching the Bills win a game is enjoyable for me. Watching them lose is sigificantly less enjoyable. So, I'm gonna say 7-9 is better than 1-15. Shocker.

The ol' "lose now = draft high & win later" logic holds very little water for me.

I agree about the watching them win being more enjoyable, but after so many seasons of the same results, it just becomes so frustrating. I guess it would come down to why we were losing those games. If Trent had 9 horrific games, I say we need to finish just poorly enough to where we could ensure ourselves a top shelf QB. I just want to win, period.

7-9 means we are getting better.

1-15 means we hired the wrong coach, drafted the wrong players, and overall, got way worse. We go 1-15, that will completly just suck. screw a top 3 draft pick. It has done the lions and rams SO well already...

Good point.

7-9 means we are getting better.

1-15 means we hired the wrong coach, drafted the wrong players, and overall, got way worse. We go 1-15, that will completly just suck. screw a top 3 draft pick. It has done the lions and rams SO well already...

The record doesn't always reflect if the team got better or worse... I still think its possible that we will have a better team than last year, but win less games.

I think we are headed for another seven and nine season and I just don't know how I feel about that.

09/12 MIAMI DOLPHINS WIN

10/03 NEW YORK JETS WIN

10/17 BYE

11/14 DETROIT LIONS WIN

On a previous post, I commented that I would like to see us go 1-15 and take a QB. Since that time we have seen the offense look good against the Colts and Cinci. Even if we are going to be better that most "experts" are predicting, is another 7-9 season better than a 1-15? Right now I really don't know which I would prefer, which is why I thought I would post the question and get your thoughts.

OK, I can't type this early in the day. 1-15 is what the subject line should say.

You realize your scenario there would have us playing at least two games in December that would actually mean something?

You wouldn't want to see meaningful football being played in December in Buffalo for the first time in 10 years?

Let's see. Watching the Bills win a game is enjoyable for me. Watching them lose is sigificantly less enjoyable. So, I'm gonna say 7-9 is better than 1-15. Shocker.

The ol' "lose now = draft high & win later" logic holds very little water for me.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

You realize your scenario there would have us playing at least two games in December that would actually mean something?

You wouldn't want to see meaningful football being played in December in Buffalo for the first time in 10 years?

Wasn't there a season when JP was looking good that we had hope up until maybe the second to last game of the season? If I recall correctly, I think Tennessee killed our hopes that year. That was the season before we drafted Lynch and Edwards. I saw them play that amazing game in Houston (best Bills game I have ever seen in person).

I can't stand when people say we'd be better off with a 1-15 record. I would much rather be 7-9, I'd be happier 7x more this season.

If you get a top pick, who the hell knows if he's going to pan out and you spend a boatload of money him. Not Thanks, I'll take 7-9.

I don't think anyone that's a real Bills fan would want them to go 1-15. It's just ridiculous. I'm standing by my prediction of 10-6 this year. I believe we'll win more than 1 of the last 6 games based on your list.. I also think we will finally split with the Pats this year. Then again I'm always optimistic.

Here's the inherent flaw in the "Let's lose to win" logic...it's not as if there's some guarantee that a QB drafted in the first few picks is going to be successful. For every Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb, there's a Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch. Plus you're paying them a TON of money.

Two of the best QBs in the game today are Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers went 24th overall and Brees went 32nd. So riddle me this...who's to say we can't have a successful (or at least marginally successful) season and still walk away with a franchise QB in the 2011 draft?

09/12 MIAMI DOLPHINS WIN

10/03 NEW YORK JETS WIN

10/17 BYE

11/14 DETROIT LIONS WIN

Browns, Lions, Bears, Chiefs, Jags, Jets and Fins -- I would give us a 50/50 chance of winning against these teams. All of them have us penciled in as WIN in their preseason predictions. Since you have us splitting games with Jets & Fins, I guess we will probably win 3 of the 5 that you have pegged as wins. That gives us 5 wins and say we pull off one upset (or season ending pretend game like our win vs Indy) of the nine losses you show and that makes us 6-10 again. Get used to it people.

Browns, Lions, Bears, Chiefs, Jags, Jets and Fins -- I would give us a 50/50 chance of winning against these teams. All of them have us penciled in as WIN in their preseason predictions. Since you have us splitting games with Jets & Fins, I guess we will probably win 3 of the 5 that you have pegged as wins. That gives us 5 wins and say we pull off one upset (or season ending pretend game like our win vs Indy) of the nine losses you show and that makes us 6-10 again. Get used to it people.

Fair enough prediction, Conch. If you put a gun to my head, I'd probably say 6-10 as well. But remember that football games aren't decided on paper.

1-15 would mean two things:

1) We got significantly worse than the Dick days

2) Its really gonna be a while before we can contend

I will take 7-9. If next years draft comes and we are middle of the pack, we can always trade up to get the guy we want.