Gun smoke.

Jim in Anchorage

I have been watching a lot of old TV shows lately on the Internet and gunsmoke surprised me with it's plot and character development. I just expected a shoot em up cowboy show but it's pretty cool how they weave the story.

Any others I should be aware of?

I've never been into westerns,but if you like them,check out Bonanza or Have Gun,Will Travel (one of my brothers favorites). I used to love Rat Patrol and Combat when I was a kid.

Edited by el Tigre

I have been watching a lot of old TV shows lately on the Internet and gunsmoke surprised me with it's plot and character development. I just expected a shoot em up cowboy show but it's pretty cool how they weave the story.

It was my grandfather's favorite show!

On another note... Think the "character development" of Miss Kitty would float today?

I started tivoing gunsmoke recently too; haven't started watching them yet though (I was motivated to do so because I started getting into Bonanza recently, which is also great!).

I started tivoing gunsmoke recently too; haven't started watching them yet though (I was motivated to do so because I started getting into Bonanza recently, which is also great!).

James Arness's brother played the 'Thing' in the original movie of the same name

Have Gun Will Travel [currently reruns on Encore Westerns)

May take a few shows to develop a taste for it as Richard Boone became the stereotypical bad guy later in his career and his Paladin character in the show comes off rather pompous at first. But if you like westerns with good plots and character development you will enjoy it..