Thoughts on Arthur Moats???

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't heard much more about this 6th rounder out of James Madison University since draft day. There was a lot of enthusiasm about this kid at the time. Who here can provide us an update? Thanks

He's looked very good on some plays & very bad on others. Taken a bad penalty or two. Good pressure from his ILB slot.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

but could he start on other teams??????

Probably not as a rookie, but my guess is he is a diamnond in the rough and will be a force to be reckoned with by opposing O's in the upcoming years. I love this kid.

He's no Trent Edwards.

LOL. That certainly is a plus. LOL.

I haven't seen the Bengals game yet, but in the first two Moats just seemed a little slower and slower to react than I expected. It seemed like he came from a D1AA school based on that. However, I've seen the kid play twice live and when he played DE at JMU he looked like he was shot out of a cannon on every play. He was pretty big compared to the competition, but he was just so much quicker than the other players on the field. If he can translate and understand NFL football, he'll be a good one.

Not that this article isn't right on as far as it talks about his making it at the next level at a new position, but he's going to have to contribute to Special Teams as well.

Kid's got a LOT of learning to do and fast. Not saying he doesn't make the team, but he's not going to be an impact player for some time. That said, he could become a solid contributor by the end of the year. That's JMO.

Haven't heard much more about this 6th rounder out of James Madison University since draft day. There was a lot of enthusiasm about this kid at the time. Who here can provide us an update? Thanks

Hey Merle. I love Moats. The kid can flat out play. Turn him loose & wait for great things. I could be wrong...but I'm not.

At worst he provides some depth at the ILB position. If he contributes on Special Teams and gives one of the starters a series off, great. I don't expect much but he definitely looks like there is some ability there with a huge desire to hit people.

He was a step behind and kind of lost on a lot of plays vs the Skins. He's been improving in each preseason game, but is still showing to be weak in coverage. He was a DE in college and is converting to an inside linebacker, and that's kind of a big change. He sheds blocks well, but you would kind of expect that from a former d-lineman. The dude can definitely hit, and once he catches up and is just reacting instead of thinking and reacting I expect him to be a solid player.