Sanchez is so bad

Drew026

Thanks guy. I believe time will prove me to be correct here. Lets compare notes at the end of the season and see who ends up eating crow. LOL.

Eat crow? For what? For saying to go back and look at his stats? He was not impressive, far from the stellar qb he is made out to be. For his sake, he better make strides to improve or he will end up just like our qb roster.

I'm not saying he won't get better. How the hell would I know that? Nobody does. I am saying that his season that is in the books was quite lackluster.

Like Pilsner said, he was dropped into a very good situation. The team was on the rise. They weren't on the rise because of Sanchez. Hell, their own coach said their season was over at one point last year. Is that because of stellar qb play?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really so hard for Bills fans to get it. Sanchez probably is no better than Edwards. However the difference between the Jets o-line and the Bills may be as wide as it gets in the NFL.

I've got to agree with you. I think Edwards aint a very good QB thus far in his career, but I think he'd do better than Sanchez did if he was in the same situation. Sanchez's season last year was horrible, and I don't see the upside in him that other people do.

I'm with Ross Tucker on this one - I think Sanchez is one of the reasons why the Jets won't be getting back to the AFC Champ.

Is it really so hard for Bills fans to get it. Sanchez probably is no better than Edwards. However the difference between the Jets o-line and the Bills may be as wide as it gets in the NFL.

Already, Sanchez is a better ball handler, a better deep ball thrower, has a better arm, is a better runner and scrambler, throws better on the run, feels the rush better, is a better playmaker, and I would argue can read defenses post snap better than Trent. Trent is better than Sanchez right now at holding onto the ball better (less fumbles) and not throwing the ball up for grabs as much (although Trent throws his share of dumb passes). Trent may, repeat, may be better as of now with pre-snap reads, and short ball accuracy (although Sanchez is pretty good at that).

Sanchez is a much, much better talent with enormous upside. He may not reach it though.

Lets just agree to disagree guy. Sanchez was only a rookie last year and yet the Jets were one win away from playing the Super Bowl. He made improvements along the way, and my guess is he will continue to do so. He was a winner in college and he has now won in the NFL. Id take him in a NY minute over our three half talents. My point is I find it odd than any of us Bill fans would feel we are in any position to criticize any other team's QB situation. LOL.

What's with the constant LOL? The point is just because you're a Bills fan doesn't mean you're not allowed to evaluate other players. If you put Trent Edwards on the Jets last year, I think he has by far a better year than Sanchez. Sanchez has a 63 rating. He was truly TERRIBLE at times, and did NOT improve down the stretch.

In his first 8 games, he had 3 games with a 100 rating or higher - but averaged just a 74 QB rating.

In his last 8 games, he had 0 games with a 100 rating or higher and had a 56 QB average.

This was despite the Jets shutting him down in the second half of the year to try and limit mistakes. In the first 8, he was allowed 214 attempts. In the last 8, just 150 attempts.

He had games with a QB ratings of 8.3, 27, 37, and 49.

So you want to take him and put him in Buffalo? He was one of the worst QBs in the league last year behind one of the best offensive lines...and you think he'll do better in Buffalo?

LOL!

Eat crow? For what? For saying to go back and look at his stats? He was not impressive, far from the stellar qb he is made out to be. For his sake, he better make strides to improve or he will end up just like our qb roster.

I'm not saying he won't get better. How the hell would I know that? Nobody does. I am saying that his season that is in the books was quite lackluster.

Like Pilsner said, he was dropped into a very good situation. The team was on the rise. They weren't on the rise because of Sanchez. Hell, their own coach said their season was over at one point last year. Is that because of stellar qb play?

Quite frankly, I'm not sure what your fascination is with criticizing Mark Sanchez. If you want to evaluate and criticize QB's look no further than our roster.

Now, how is it that a rookie QB, drafted by a team with a rookie head coach, is "dropped into a good situation" with a team "on the rise"??? LOL. There was no guarantee that the Jets would peak this past season. Sanchez had more good games than bad and like any QB gets the accolades when things go well.

Again, time will probably prove me correct here. Regardless it will be fun to see who is eating crow. LOL.

What's with the constant LOL? The point is just because you're a Bills fan doesn't mean you're not allowed to evaluate other players. If you put Trent Edwards on the Jets last year, I think he has by far a better year than Sanchez. Sanchez has a 63 rating. He was truly TERRIBLE at times, and did NOT improve down the stretch.

In his first 8 games, he had 3 games with a 100 rating or higher - but averaged just a 74 QB rating.

In his last 8 games, he had 0 games with a 100 rating or higher and had a 56 QB average.

This was despite the Jets shutting him down in the second half of the year to try and limit mistakes. In the first 8, he was allowed 214 attempts. In the last 8, just 150 attempts.

He had games with a QB ratings of 8.3, 27, 37, and 49.

So you want to take him and put him in Buffalo? He was one of the worst QBs in the league last year behind one of the best offensive lines...and you think he'll do better in Buffalo?

LOL!

I would trade all 3 of our half talent QBs for Sanchez. Grant it that is not saying much as we probably could get no more than a goat and three chickens for them if they were served up as trade fodder. LOL.

Anyone who is using stats to show how well or not well Sanchez played, has no idea what they are talking about. If you didnt see him play at least 8 full games, you don't know, and have no way of knowing. And the highlights of his good and bad plays don't really show it either. He was TERRIBLE at times last year. I've never seen a guy give the ball away like he did. But if you actually watched a lot of games, even ones he had terrible stats, he's got a TON of talent, and it's not just raw.

Already, Sanchez is a better ball handler, a better deep ball thrower, has a better arm, is a better runner and scrambler, throws better on the run, feels the rush better, is a better playmaker, and I would argue can read defenses post snap better than Trent. Trent is better than Sanchez right now at holding onto the ball better (less fumbles) and not throwing the ball up for grabs as much (although Trent throws his share of dumb passes). Trent may, repeat, may be better as of now with pre-snap reads, and short ball accuracy (although Sanchez is pretty good at that).

Sanchez is a much, much better talent with enormous upside. He may not reach it though.

I don't see it. I didn't think Sanchez was very accurate with the football last year and wasn't very good at reading defenses pre or post snap, two of the most important things for an NFL QB. I'd argue Trent was better at both, or at least equal. Sanchez also wasn't very accurate in his first pre-season games this year, which isn't boding well for him.

I'm actually more excited about what I saw out of Sam Bradford last night than anything I saw out of Sanchez.

Edited by BlueFire

Quite frankly, I'm not sure what your fascination is with criticizing Mark Sanchez. If you want to evaluate and criticize QB's look no further than our roster.

Here's where I have to simply say, WTF? I don't question your take on Sanchez. While I don't agree necessarily, he may very well turn out to be good.

But what the hell does the Bills QB situation have to do with someone giving a negative evaluation of Sanchez? We criticize the Bills QBs quite a bit on this board. But because the Bills QBs aren't among the leagues best, the Bills fans should refrain from evaluating QBs on other teams? Are you serious with this BS? Should fans from other teams with questionable Offensive Lines refrain from criticizing the Bills LT situation? This is a position that simply sounds stupid, to me.

Anyone who is using stats to show how well or not well Sanchez played, has no idea what they are talking about. If you didnt see him play at least 8 full games, you don't know, and have no way of knowing. And the highlights of his good and bad plays don't really show it either. He was TERRIBLE at times last year. I've never seen a guy give the ball away like he did. But if you actually watched a lot of games, even ones he had terrible stats, he's got a TON of talent, and it's not just raw.

I watched him play I think 22 games last year. Is that enough?

Exactly right my man. I find it amusing that so many our so quick to look just at the "stats" to proclaim one a winner or loser. The hell with the stats - the only one that counts is the final score. Sanchez "stat" in this category speaks for itself. Sure he had horrible moments last season, but he also showed he has much talent. Can't say the same for our three journeyman QBs.

I would trade all 3 of our half talent QBs for Sanchez. Grant it that is not saying much as we probably could get no more than a goat and three chickens for them if they were served up as trade fodder. LOL.

My take is I would not want to trade for Sanchez. Do I want the guys on our roster? No, I don't think they are the answer.

I think what I'm saying is if I have the option of getting Sanchez or looking to next year's draft - I'm taking next year's draft.

My take is I would not want to trade for Sanchez. Do I want the guys on our roster? No, I don't think they are the answer.

I think what I'm saying is if I have the option of getting Sanchez or looking to next year's draft - I'm taking next year's draft.

I'd take Sanchez................and save the draft picks to patch up our horrible offensive line. LOL.

I don't see it. I didn't think Sanchez was very accurate with the football last year and wasn't very good at reading defenses pre or post snap, two of the most important things for an NFL QB. I'd argue Trent was better at both, or at least equal. Sanchez also wasn't very accurate in his first pre-season games this year, which isn't boding well for him.

I'm actually more excited about what I saw out of Sam Bradford this preseason than anything I saw out of Sanchez.

I havent seen Bradford or Sanchez play in pre-season this year, although I don't put much stock in pre-season for anyone, playing good or bad or indifferent.

IMO, Trent is quite good at reading defense pre-snap, and terrible at reading defenses post snap (and one of the reasons he is Captain Checkdown). Just terrible at it and I don't know where the hell he got that reputation other than I remember some Bills fans and commentators saying he was reading defenses well as a rookie and second year guy when it was almost ALWAYS pre-snap. he always decided where he was going to go with the ball and sometimes would smartly throw right away. Those are the only times in his career he has really looked good.

He has never been able to go through progressions like some people say he does, nor does he feel the rush well, nor does he step up well or side step well (not as though there is a lot of room for him to on this team). What he is is stubborn and fearless and tough, so he just stands there.

I watched him play I think 22 games last year. Is that enough?

Depends on your eyesight, TV reception, and football smarts I guess. ;)

Here's where I have to simply say, WTF? I don't question your take on Sanchez. While I don't agree necessarily, he may very well turn out to be good.

But what the hell does the Bills QB situation have to do with someone giving a negative evaluation of Sanchez? We criticize the Bills QBs quite a bit on this board. But because the Bills QBs aren't among the leagues best, the Bills fans should refrain from evaluating QBs on other teams? Are you serious with this BS? Should fans from other teams with questionable Offensive Lines refrain from criticizing the Bills LT situation? This is a position that simply sounds stupid, to me.

We probably shouldn't have talked about another teams coach or gm for the last few years either. I think the only positions we can comment on are running back and defensive back.

Either way, as the OP stated, Sanchez is so bad. That doesn't say is always going to be bad, but at this moment in time, with what we have to judge on, he is bad.

I havent seen Bradford or Sanchez play in pre-season this year, although I don't put much stock in pre-season for anyone, playing good or bad or indifferent.

IMO, Trent is quite good at reading defense pre-snap, and terrible at reading defenses post snap (and one of the reasons he is Captain Checkdown). Just terrible at it and I don't know where the hell he got that reputation other than I remember some Bills fans and commentators saying he was reading defenses well as a rookie and second year guy when it was almost ALWAYS pre-snap. he always decided where he was going to go with the ball and sometimes would smartly throw right away. Those are the only times in his career he has really looked good.

He has never been able to go through progressions like some people say he does, nor does he feel the rush well, nor does he step up well or side step well (not as though there is a lot of room for him to on this team). What he is is stubborn and fearless and tough, so he just stands there.

I wasn't saying that they were equal to complement Trent. ;) I thought some of Sanchez's INT problems last year were being caused by not seeing plays develop correctly, and the other part was because he was such an inaccurate QB. While I agree with not putting much stock into pre-season games, I can say that I saw Bradford put the balls into some really tight, impressive holes. Whether he would read that correctly with regular season D schemes or anything like that, I have no idea. It was impressive though.

Depends on your eyesight, TV reception, and football smarts I guess. ;)

Happy to put my 'football smarts' up to whatever test you have. One thing you should know - I watch more football than probably 99% of the population.

Odd you think using stats is a poor way to evaluate a player. Hard to win an argument without facts, you know? ;)

But it's implicit that you're saying he should be considered just as good, if not better, because his stats were just as good or not better on a much crappier team. I'm saying that's nonsense, and those stats are meaningless and Sanchez is not only far and away better but IMO it's not even open for debate. And Sanchez hasn't even played very well. In fact, a lot of times (and as evidenced by some of your stats), he's sucked.

I also take umbrage (because it's one of my favorite things to take) with the idea that Trent has played so well before, or that he was gushed over by the media for two seasons. he was (wrongfully) gushed over by a select few members of the media, and some fans.

Actually, I'm not a huge TE supporter. I had to cut my last post short. I was also not thumping my chest about his stats saying they were good. But stats are stats, and they are better than Sanchez's from last year (as are TE's stats from LAST season in a MUCH worse situation). I don't know if TE will regain his confidence or not. RIGHT NOW, his head is his biggest problem. But, he started as a rookie and didn't look out of place in the league on a bad team. He looked like he could manage a game. I would argue based on Sanchez's play last season that the same cannot be said of him. In fact, I would argue that if Sanchez had been put in TE's situation, he would have been written off as a bust by now as well.

As I re-read your post, I gotta say "What?". So despite the fact that TE's stats were better in his rookie season on a worse team, and by your own admission Sanchez sucked most of last season on a better team, Sanchez is the better QB based on... ? I guess that would have to be the ever elusive potential, cuz it can't be based on production. He may ultimately turn out better, but as of right now you can justifiably make that argument.

Happy to put my 'football smarts' up to whatever test you have. One thing you should know - I watch more football than probably 99% of the population.

Odd you think using stats is a poor way to evaluate a player. Hard to win an argument without facts, you know? ;)

I should have said "only" using stats. Plus, there are a lot of players with decent or good stats who suck, and there are players with crappy stats who are damn good.

I should also say that I hate Dirty Sanchez. I am not sticking up for him because I like him. I hated him in college and hate him more now. I hope he gets in a car accident on the way to the stadium. And even though I saw almost all the Jets games last year, he was terrible in most of them. He really was. But he showed a real talent to me, the way Roth;isberger did in his rookie season, making just enough good and great throws and play to make you know he is really good. And I unfortunately think he's going to be very good. It's possible that his coolguyitis and playing in NYC with all the pressure and media and hype and Rex Ryan and nonsense will prevent his ascension.

I sure hope so.

I'd take Sanchez................and save the draft picks to patch up our horrible offensive line. LOL.

Here's what I'm asking - when specifically have you watched Sanchez do something that really impressed you? Honestly, I watched every game he played in. I can't point to a game where he was a vital part of the offense. Not a single one. MAYBE against Miami at home. His best game was probably against Cinncy in the first game of the playoffs. Really, that was just because he managed the game well and didn't turn the ball over - he only had 15 passing attempts.

If you don't want to use stats, give me some real examples of Sanchez excelling at the position?