I Hate Delta

plenzmd1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here's what I do. Guess what is allowed through security? These babies. So I buy a bunch of these at the liquor store before I get to the airport and just order a coke or a virgin mary and use my own booze. :D

Nice. Definitely adding that to the packing list for next week's flight.

I love the added "F-U" of using "airplane" bottles to !@#$ the airport. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Before the limitations of liquid, I would fill a couple of water bottles up with booze for the flight. Now that is too big to take through security. I didn't use them in a bar or restaurant. But I might buy an OJ or something at the airport and spike it with vodka. On the airplane all bets were off. A couple glasses of ice and a bottle of water will do the trick most of the time.

I almost got hosed doing that once. I made the mistake of premixing a pretty stiff jack and coke into a 20 oz coke bottle. When I went through security, they told me to open it and take a sip (I guess to make sure its not something dangerous -- seemed standard). I thought no problem.

BUT...

When I untwisted the cap, the built up pressure let out this intense hiss and seconds later the entire area reeked of jack daniels. I was only 19 so I was waiting to get bent over twice. Thankfully the guy either pretended not to notice or didn't care.

But those 3 seconds post-hiss before anyone said anything felt like an hour. :lol:

I HATE DETROIT AIRPORT.

Last time the wife, kid and I flew to LA, we flew thru Detroit. Our plane was late (original flight delayed by 1 hour so what would have been a leisurely 1.5 hour layover was now a blistering 1/2 hour adventure. We had to get to the OTHER SIDE of that massive airport, so I grab all of our carry-ons, and the three of us run (yes, run) the length of the airport, get to the gate where the flight is SUPPOSED to be only to find it's been moved to another gate. Long story short, we made the plane by one minute. I'd have freaked if we'd been stuck in Detroit.

I'll never fly through Detroit again. This time, we're heading through DFW.

Hell yeah. That MFer is just one long ass hallway. Decent sushi place though. Of course, I usually end up at a gate 3 miles from it.

I had a few close calls almost being stuck in Detroit overnight (always Northwest Airlines....terrible experiences). Thankfully, I live pretty close to both Philly and Baltimore. I was able to ditch my busted Philly flight and hop on a BWI one more than once.

The prospect of spending a night in Detroit has a way of motivating you to find other options...

definitely not aimed at you, but this thread needs this just for some balance.

youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

of course, our point here is that for the amount those big airlines charge (and what they charge for nowadays), service should be better.

Haha! I love that clip. It's good to check yourself sometimes...