Preseason Head Coaching Decision's - YIKES

T master

What does your post have to do with :Preseason Head Coaching Decision's - YIKES?

Yeah I figured this was going to be another, "Why didn't they go for it on 4th and inches in game 1 of the preseason..." posts other wise known as the Mike Schopp post. He still won't let that one go. Riter radio needs to start a little earlier...

Quite the different post from what I was expecting...and yes, Joique Bell is good:thumbsup:

Every year we have a running back in camp who is tearing it up and people are proclaiming him the next Walter Payton. Then he gets cut and a bunch of people flip out. Then time goes by and the guy disappears into oblivion and is never heard from again.

So who were these guys the last couple of years that where carrying an 8.3 YPC average ?? I don't remember them . oh ya Omon he was carrying a 3.8 YPC

What does your post have to do with :Preseason Head Coaching Decision's - YIKES?

Do you keep him on the roster , do you let him go , do you put him on the practice squad , do you cut one player to keep him ? DUH !!!!! Isn't that what preseason is all about for a coach ? Didn't mean to wake you up go back to sleep when you wake up the season will have started !!

I too have been very impressed with Bell. Given the FJ & ML injury situation, I think the Bills have to make room for him on the final 53, though I'm not sure what other position is going to have to cut one more to accommodate him. Can he long snap? :thumbsup:

But isn't also a little silly to suggest trading a back who has actually had some success in the league in favor of keeping a preseason superstar who hasn't done anything yet?

I remember this same discussion last year about Bruce Hall.

Bruce Hall wasn't carrying a 8.3 YPC average !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fred Jackson the year he came on was 4.5 maybe 4.8 in the preseason. Marshawn that year was a 4.3 I think . I know your use to looking at things with a Jauron point of view but open your eyes man !!!!

You never know where these guys come from... Terrell Davis was a 6th round pick and would have become a sure HOF'r if he didn't have a career ending injury. Other than Jackson (who looked good, but not this good in preseason), there is not a another player that I can recall in a Bills uniform that was both a stud in preseason AND a stud at their respective college.

To clarify, this does not include highly touted draft picks who are "Expected" to be a stud - such as Spiller...

Yes, but Bruce Hall was nothing in college. He was nothing more than a 3rd down type back. His entire college career he had 416 yds rushing and 1 TD. Bell, on the other hand, had 6,728 yds rushing and 88 TD.

Finally someone with a little fore sight !!!!!!

BTW - that stat is really misleading. Jackson had a good year last year, but absolutely not anything near historically great. Almost half of his total yards came on kickoff returns, where he was merely average. He ranked #15 in the NFL in yards per kickoff return. He also ranked #15 in rushing yards and #12 in receiving yards by a running back.

I like him and stuff, but just wanted to offer a bit of perspective on that surprising stat.

I agree it sounds more impressive than it really is. Still for a guy who most thought would be camp fodder, it's pretty amazing.