Strap your helmets on Bills fans,the next 2 weeks will surely kill you

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am probably jumping the gun, and i hope i am wrong, but i would cut maybin.

I think you are jumping the gun with that one. He's young, has potential, and has shown some flashes in preseason. The Bills will give him at least this year to step it up. If he doesn't then he will most likely be looking for a new home next year.

Special teams sorely miss Wendling.

His problem was....... he is a top 10 special teams player, but a below average safety.

It all depends on the next few games, but Wendling has been seen around camp, not once but twice!

Could be just visiting, but perhaps not!

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

I think you are jumping the gun with that one. He's young, has potential, and has shown some flashes in preseason. The Bills will give him at least this year to step it up. If he doesn't then he will most likely be looking for a new home next year.

you are most likely correct, but i guess i am just ticked off that the bills picked him , just wonder what kind of thinking went on there. i also agree that wendling is missed.

The thought of a strike or lock out next year has me really bothered. I can't imagine a year without football. From the owners and players perspective think about the money that would be lost. :wallbash:

This main issue is guaranteed Rookie contracts. Bigger market teams sharing revenue.

I think there will be a season as long has both sides can objectively solve some lingering problems.

Maybin will get his 2nd season....... MAYBE 3

But the fans are restless.

It's the Brian Orakpo syndrome

We'll see what happens with our cuts, but everything I have noticed seems to say that Buddy will cut you if you're not working hard or you're at the bottom of the depth chart. I don't see them cutting Maybin before his contract is up unless they have a better player on the roster. I actually hope they can coax some more production out of the players on the roster (Whitner, McCargo for example) and sign them to reasonable 2nd contracts.

Maybin will get his 2nd season....... MAYBE 3

But the fans are restless.

It's the Brian Orakpo syndrome

We'll see what happens with our cuts, but everything I have noticed seems to say that Buddy will cut you if you're not working hard or you're at the bottom of the depth chart. I don't see them cutting Maybin before his contract is up unless they have a better player on the roster. I actually hope they can coax some more production out of the players on the roster (Whitner, McCargo for example) and sign them to reasonable 2nd contracts.

If Maybin shows he's working hard, and especially if he's improving, even if incrementally, he'll stick around for at least 3 years.

There is still a matter of how the new agreement will read and what will be fair for all teams.

Most teams are looking to remain in the middle without over spending.

1 year deals is common place for 2010.

The uncertainty is crushing the market and some players will retire because no team will pay.

Ahhh so teams arent spending bc they are unsure of where the cap will be with a new agreement. Gotcha, sorry wasnt trying to be a jerk like so many on thsi board, just trying to understand your point since i dont really follow the new CBA talks.

It's not only the uncertainty over the new CBA which is chilling the market for free agents.

One common misconception is that because there is an uncapped year, that teams will take advantage of that and go spend crazy.

This is not happening because teams still have budgets.

Owners are still paying heed to cash flow and profitability. They will not suddenly spend more because of the uncapped year.

In fact several teams are spending less because the uncapped year means (besides no maximum cap) that there is no minimum cap required to be spent on players.

The owners can reduce payroll and pocket the difference if they wanted.

Only Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones are likely to "take advantage" of an uncapped year. Also the Jets seem unconcerned about payroll and the Chicago Bears are in desperation mode and might overspend on unexpectedly available free agents. Come to think of it, Minnesota is making a big push as their window closes. They will make big moves if they think it's worth it.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Come on now, if anybody on this site is expecting Buddy Nix to make any kind of major moves between now and the opening game, they are living in Fantasy Island waiting for the Wild West show to begin. :w00t:

Per marching orders from the financial offices at OBD and Detroit, Nix has been on a mission to "rebuild" mostly through the draft and extremely frugally in free agency. I don't care if Shannahan cuts Haynesworth Nix won't be putting in a waiver claim for his salary. Filling in for any more serious injuries will be the only reason Buddy actually signs any of the waivered players over the next two weeks, and believe me, they won't be experienced players that can challange for a starting position, that's for sure!

Truth is NOBODY on this board OR around the NFL has any information on Buddy Nix as a GM

Buffalo has $$$$, The coaching staff is stuck with Jauron Era players, and some will most likely be gone!

Anything can happen.

Edited by DIE HARD 1967