Colt McCoy may get cut...

Alphadawg7

You think Levi Brown is commanding a high trade value at the moment?

I'm not saying get rid of the guy necessarily. But the PS seems the logical destination for him. If someone grabs him, so be it. It doesn't mean you hold a roster spot for him if he's genuinely not ready to play in an NFL game. He has looked bad against scrubs. Against starters he'd be destroyed.

Cassel wasn't traded during his rookie pre-season. :rolleyes:

Again, if Brown shows anything worth developing, it's not worth risking putting him on waivers, hoping to get him onto the PS. It's also not worth having Fitz, Brohm, or Edwards as the #3 QB, since the odds are that the #3 QB won't play much, and if he does, you're screwed anyway. The #3 should be a developmental type.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cassel wasn't traded during his rookie pre-season. :rolleyes:

Again, if Brown shows anything worth developing, it's not worth risking putting him on waivers, hoping to get him onto the PS. It's also not worth having Fitz, Brohm, or Edwards as the #3 QB, since the odds are that the #3 QB won't play much, and if he does, you're screwed anyway. The #3 should be a developmental type.

You think teams that passed on him six or seven times during the draft want to snatch him up now? Has he shown something that I haven't caught? There are a dozen other projects out there just as good or better than Levi Brown, sorry. Besides, most teams that want a project QB have one, or don't have the room/need for one. Can you name me one team that might be interested in signing him to their 53-man roster? Washington might, but they cut their project (Brennan) in lieu of another project (Beck). Oakland? They have 4 QB's at the moment. Should the #3 be purely developmental? In a perfect situation, certainly. But I think we're on the opposite end of a perfect situation at QB.

Besides, to say that our #3 might not play much I think isn't true; if there's any team this season that will look to it's #3 it's us. It's just the result of not having an established #1. Hell, people on this board can't come to a consensus on who should be the #1, the #2, and the #3. Who's got the most upside? Probably Brohm. Who leads us to the most wins? Probably Fitz. Who's had the most flashes of brightness as a starter in this league? Probably Edwards. With all that being said, whomever starts, is he the right man? If it's Edwards, does he survive? Does Brohm survive mentally? Does Fitz belong on this team, since one play is perfect and the next is obscenely bad? I don't know. But I think to state that our #3 won't play much is wildly optimistic about the other QB's on the squad, especially when we're still not sure who will be our starting QB week 1.

Edited by Leonidas