The Big Three

So far it looks like

1 Special teams. Nothing special about them. No coverage. No blocking. And finally clueless. 4 man wedge ...great job Bruce.

2 No # 2 receiver. Johnson looks like all hype ,no hands. Where has he been hiding ?

3 Still no pass rush. Maybe we need to stand up our OLBS .Need to study a little of Dicks D in Pitt.

Fixing these three problems could get us to maybe 9-7 and a wild card game. Lets Go Buffalooooo.

So far it looks like

1 Special teams. Nothing special about them. No coverage. No blocking. And finally clueless. 4 man wedge ...great job Bruce.

2 No # 2 receiver. Johnson looks like all hype ,no hands. Where has he been hiding ?

3 Still no pass rush. Maybe we need to stand up our OLBS .Need to study a little of Dicks D in Pitt.

Fixing these three problems could get us to maybe 9-7 and a wild card game. Lets Go Buffalooooo.

1 ST's - still preseason so I am not too concerned here - they are still cycling through people to see who will make it and wwho does not DeHaven is a proven coach.

2. This concerns me the most among your issues - My hunch is that Chad Jackson will likely end up being the number 2 before week 4 of the season Johnson has shown nothing of note.

3. Will see more with gameplanning - blitz and stunt activity likely to increase significantly.

I've also wondered a lot about the special teams apparent lack of focus and organization. It must have been a lot to have had such a good, proven coach coaching them in a specific way leave, to be replaced by a guy who now has to prove to these guys that his system is as good or better - or in their eyes, why did April leave? I don't know how simple or complicated S.T.'s coaching is - how different can it be from one team to the next? But I wondered if there wasn't just a little lag from the switch that is evident, or if it's just the preseason and this team as a whole is keeping it's formations under wraps?

As for the OLB's, we definately need some pressure from them this year. More importantly, I think, we need them to hold up in the run game. Once again, I think we're seeing almost nothing of what we'll see when the real games begin. I think Gailey is the kind of coach who will want to capitalize on the advantage of having all this mystery surrounding his team. As it is, through two preseason games, I don't think an opposing coach would know much at all about what to expect. I like Ellis on the outside - he looks big and bad. I think he'll be starting for us this year. I was hoping Batten would be, but that's not happening. So, I think we'll see Ellis and Mitchell on the outside - and that would work o.k., I think, because Mitchell can blitz alright and Ellis looks good against the run.

As for WR - I think Easley being lost is bigger than most would expect. Just because he was a rookie not a lot of people gave him serious chances of being the number two - but I think he would have been in there a lot had he stayed healthy. He's got that speed that we don't have with Johnson. So, I think Nelson will give us that, and we'll see a lot of three wide sets with Nelson, Johnson, and Evans.

I've also wondered a lot about the special teams apparent lack of focus and organization. It must have been a lot to have had such a good, proven coach coaching them in a specific way leave, to be replaced by a guy who now has to prove to these guys that his system is as good or better - or in their eyes, why did April leave? I don't know how simple or complicated S.T.'s coaching is - how different can it be from one team to the next? But I wondered if there wasn't just a little lag from the switch that is evident, or if it's just the preseason and this team as a whole is keeping it's formations under wraps?

April left / was granted his release when he wasn't even considered as a head coaching candidate. (In my opinion he should have at the very least been interviewed)

The real big 3 are

1- QB - Can Trent hold up and step up or will Brohm or Fitz be the answer if we need to get some decent play out of the QB situation.

2- O-Line - Can they do good we know what Wood and Levitre bring Handy is OK and Green might be OK too but can Bell play effectively at LT AND can they mesh as a unit?

3- Run Defense - We used big time draft resources and we signed some vets in free agency to try and convert to a scheme more conducive to stopping the run but will it result in even average run defense? Our secondary is good if we can just be OK at stopping the run we should have a good D.

I would put as honorable mentions Pass Rush and #2 WR/Tight End as my other big concerns but those 3 are what really have to make you sweat as a Bills fan going into the upcoming season.