I know it is pre-season but

commish95

Should there be a Johnson bashing? why? I don't understand this thread.

Lets put it this way, If it was any other WR in the number 2 position they would be getting bashed right now. Be it TO, Reed, Parrish, Hardy they would all be getting bashed. Not the beloved SJ though.

Where is all the Steve Johnson bashing? Wait I forget he is the all mighty.

Whatever. He was the key to springing Evans on the TD. Drew the second man, which allowed Evans to get THAT open.

How many catches do you think a #2 WR would have in a season? 50 would be amazing. At 43 snaps per game (2/3rds of the 65 offensive plays on average) that would be about 1 catch per 20 snaps.

That's about where he is.

Whatever. He was the key to springing Evans on the TD. Drew the second man, which allowed Evans to get THAT open.

How many catches do you think a #2 WR would have in a season? 50 would be amazing. At 43 snaps per game (2/3rds of the 65 offensive plays on average) that would be about 1 catch per 20 snaps.

That's about where he is.

You better tell teams like Indy, new england, dallas, Philly, San Diego, New Orleans to get with the program on the #2 WR ball distribution.

Where is all the Steve Johnson bashing? Wait I forget he is the all mighty.

So instead of a player bashing post, this is a post wondering why there is not a player bashing post hoping that it may eventually turn into a player bashing post....Uhg, can we just start the season so we can get on with bashing Ralph, Buddy, and Chan....

He blocks well and runs his routes well (as pointed out above). Why bash him? He is a 7th round pick who is beating out a 2nd round pick from the same year. He has upside and yeah he hasn't been very involved yet.

Give it time. Maybe he does suck, maybe he is good, he has shown stuff in last years and the year before that pre-seasons. This stuff takes time, is he a play-maker. We didn't know Moulds was until his third year........ I really hate repeating all this crap about every player but...

You know some guys come on at later points in the year or their career, this whole team is young, they had bad coaches on offence esply. I have some patience with this project. Not that many players are difference makers, talent takes time to develop. bla bla bla

The new guy caught a comeback pass last night (sorry, I only remember his first name Andre), not a bad thing after what 2 or 3 practices.

He blocks well and runs his routes well (as pointed out above). Why bash him? He is a 7th round pick who is beating out a 2nd round pick from the same year. He has upside and yeah he hasn't been very involved yet.

Give it time. Maybe he does suck, maybe he is good, he has shown stuff in last years and the year before that pre-seasons. This stuff takes time, is he a play-maker. We didn't know Moulds was until his third year........ I really hate repeating all this crap about every player but...

You know some guys come on at later points in the year or their career, this whole team is young, they had bad coaches on offence esply. I have some patience with this project. Not that many players are difference makers, talent takes time to develop. bla bla bla

The new guy caught a comeback pass last night (sorry, I only remember his first name Andre), not a bad thing after what 2 or 3 practices.

I am just saying.......Lets say Hardy was healthy and played the last two preseason as the #2 and came up with the same results as SJ. He would get bashed like crazy. No one is giving Hardy time to recover for injury before they bash him. I dont care what round they are drafted in.