Offensive Line play through the first three possessions

timba

FROM BUF 48

1 – 10 –Freeny and Mathis both attack to the inside removing any pocket, Edwards rolls out to the right, pass complete for first down – Edwards to Parrish 11yds.

1-10 – Reverse to Parrish 6 yds

2-4 – 3 wide set, Johson motions in from the left, pitch to the left, Levitre pulls, McKintyre cracks down on Freeny, CJ outruns the pulling Levitre (FB block got in the way), 4yds

1-10 – D-Line stunt by Mathis and DT, Mathis goes inside and is not picked up while Green picks up the DT, Spiller hit in the backfield by Mathis, breaks the tackle and then shows why he’s a top 10 pick- TD

FROM INSIDE BUF 10

1-10 – spiller run -1yd – Brackett not picked up – either levitre should have slid off of the double of the DT or McKintyre (who went after Freeny who was bearing down on Bell despite the blocking of the DT) should have picked up the LB.

2-11 – incomplete pass – bad pass by trent that should have been intercepted– wood got caught blocking both a DT and LB, Levitre and Bell concentrated on Freeny but no help was needed

3-11 – trent actually steps up to avoid the rush by freeny, mathis beats green to the inside and crushes his face – mathis started with a speed rush on the outside but cut it short and went inside, green couldn’t keep up

FROM BUF 20

1-10 – 7 indy players at the line - run to spiller – mathis off the corner was faster than levitre pulling for the block -5yds

2-15 – WR screen pass to Steve Johnson 1 yd

3-14 – Wood and Stupar pull - cj spiller run – no gain – Wood picked up Freeny, Stupar went inside of that, CJ went outside of the Wood block

FROM BUF 27

1-10 – run by spiller – 4 yds – designed to the left side, mathis left open, no lane on the left, went to the middle and mathis tackled from behind.

2-6 – Trent to Lee for TD! Had a full three seconds and nobody was near touching Edwards to Evans 70yds

Guest dog14787
FROM BUF 48

1 – 10 –Freeny and Mathis both attack to the inside removing any pocket, Edwards rolls out to the right, pass complete for first down – Edwards to Parrish 11yds.

2-4 – 3 wide set, Johson motions in from the left, pitch to the left, Levitre pulls, McKintyre cracks down on Freeny, CJ outruns the pulling Levitre (FB block got in the way), 4yds

1-10 – D-Line stunt by Mathis and DT, Mathis goes inside and is not picked up while Green picks up the DT, Spiller hit in the backfield by Mathis, breaks the tackle and then shows why he’s a top 10 pick- TD

FROM INSIDE BUF 10

1-10 – spiller run -1yd – Brackett not picked up – either levitre should have slid off of the double of the DT or McKintyre (who went after Freeny who was bearing down on Bell despite the blocking of the DT) should have picked up the LB.

2-11 – incomplete pass – bad pass by trent that should have been intercepted– wood got caught blocking both a DT and LB, Levitre and Bell concentrated on Freeny but no help was needed

3-11 – trent actually steps up to avoid the rush by freeny, mathis beats green to the inside and crushes his face – mathis started with a speed rush on the outside but cut it short and went inside, green couldn’t keep up

FROM BUF 20

1-10 – 7 indy players at the line - run to spiller – mathis off the corner was faster than levitre pulling for the block -5yds

3-14 – Wood and Stupar pull - cj spiller run – no gain – Wood picked up Freeny, Stupar went inside of that, CJ went outside of the Wood block

FROM BUF 27

1-10 – run by spiller – 4 yds – designed to the left side, mathis left open, no lane on the left, went to the middle and mathis tackled from behind.

2-6 – Trent to Lee for TD! Had a full three seconds and nobody was near touching Edwards to Evans 70yds

You have to give a big thumbs up for the O-line play, :w00t:

FROM BUF 48

FROM INSIDE BUF 10

FROM BUF 20

FROM BUF 27

Count me in as one of the people who'd like to see more. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
You have got to be kidding me.

We still have no NFL OTackles or TE's and can't protect the edges to save a QB's life.

For one, we have run the ball well in our first two preseason games and while I can't deny what your saying is true, I can say the men upfront deserve a thumbs up for their improvement from last week against Washington,

this Colts team was in the Superbowl a season ago

For one, we have run the ball well in our first two preseason games and while I can't deny what your saying is true, I can say the men upfront deserve a thumbs up for their improvement from last week against Washington, this Colts team was in the Superbowl a season ago

I didn't see the Washington scrimmage, but the running game I saw tonight was the combination of a talented rookie making multiple unblocked tacklers miss and a well-coached offense successfully protecting a glaring weakness. We're OK on the interior but no props should ever be given to these Tackles or TE's.

Guest dog14787
I didn't see the Washington scrimmage, but the running game I saw tonight was the combination of a talented rookie making multiple unblocked tacklers miss and a well-coached offense successfully protecting a glaring weakness. We're OK on the interior but no props should ever be given to these Tackles or TE's.

It was ugly ( Washington)

CJ does look like he's going to be something special, I'm so happy we snagged him,

we could have the next modern day Barry Sanders on our hands :thumbsup:

It was ugly ( Washington)

CJ does look like he's going to be something special, I'm so happy we snagged him,

we could have the next modern day Barry Sanders on our hands :thumbsup:

seriously tho, he looks like sanders in how he's either gettin stuffed for basically nothin, or breaking a big one

Considering how inexperienced our O-line is they provided a nice running game tonight. Makes me wonder what we'll be like in a year or two with more talent added to the line + a year or so of more experience under their belts + Chan's ability with running schemes. Our running game can truely be a Force to be reckoned with. Improving the passing game would be a plus too.

If we can run the ball right now with the guys we currently have at their experience level, it just makes me almost froth at the mouth of what is to come down the road. It's something to look forward to.

We still have no NFL OTackles or TE's and can't protect the edges to save a QB's life.

No hes not kiddin you big thumbs up, they played extremely better then last week, just switch green for meredith at RT and we will have a half descent OLine...... And yes we do STUPAR can protect the QB from the TE position, your a damn negative nancy!

You watched that game tonight and thought the OT were bad? Outside of Green giving up that hit on Trent I don't see what you saw. Bell actually looked pretty good. Freeney wasn't too involved in the game. No sacks. I think some of you just won't let last season go (and yeah last season was terrible on the Oline). So far this pre season no sacks that I've seen. Better than last season already with time to get even better.

Wow. That's fantastic. Great stuff. You must have played some O-line I am guesing.

:thumbsup:

I played all through HS but was too small for college ball.

The line did significantly better against Indy's front 4 than I thought they would. I didn't expect much of an improvement with our starters coming back and I was pleasantly surprised. Bell already looks better than he did last year.

Once i'm out of work I'll keep going with this. I'll try to clean up the formatting a bit.

I totally agree, but they didn't play horribly tonight. Plus, Dog is just about the most ridiculously optimistic person on this board. Put those together and that's the attitude you get. The interesting thing is though, we gave up only one sack, and that was to some scrub. Indy's got a great pair of DE's in Freeney in Mathis, too. I did see Cornell Green do his best impression of a revolving door on that one play though. Still, encouraging, especially when you consider just how bad the line play has been in recent years.

I know, our only bright spot is the interior, Hagngarter doesn't get enough credit. But Cornell Green looked seriously lost out there. I would like to see them move Meredith to RT.

I suppose most of you guys missed the play where Edwards gets his helmet knocked off and chips a tooth...

Now just think how good the offense could be this year had the Bills invested early draft picks in 2 tackles instead of the crap they put on the field.

As well as the offense played don't get too giddy because If manning plays that entire game its a different outcome, not to mention many starters on the Colts O line were out with injuries.