CJ Spllier + = a good thing!

Frez

Guest dog14787
I see the vision and elusiveness of Thurman in his prime, with maybe even more burst through the hole. Definitely he's a force to be reckoned with from day 1.

I now agree with the statement (that I believe either Nix or Gailey made) that CJ is the type of back who makes his OL look even better than they really are. In a sense, his selection was a novel approach to making the OL better without actually selecting an OL.

Its very possibly the type of thought process that may have went into making the Spiller selection,

A back like CJ requires extra attention and puts the defense on its heels which in turn does equate to actually helping the O-line and QB,

I really liked his willingness to run in between the tackles. He showed that he is more than just a runner who is going to take it to the outside. He reminds me of a young LT. He didn't remind me of Reggie Bush. This kid can be something special if the Bills can get some more pieces to the offense. Can you image this kid on an established solid NFL offense? I am excited to see him play this season.

I'll never understand why there's such concern with carrying a ball 25 times a game. Spiller is young and in top physical shape. If each carry averaged 5 seconds, that's only 2 minutes or so of actual ball carrying over the course of 3 and a half hours. Yeah, I realize there's blocking assignments, pass patterns, etc. There's also substitutions and change of possessions when the defense goes out. Carrying the ball 25 times might be pushing it?

There are guys working contruction, for example, in far less physical condition, working at a steady pace for hours before a break. How about those guys playing rugby, running all over and getting battered for extended periods of time?

The NFL ball players have sports drinks, cooling fans, cool towels, trainers, and everything else available to keep them conditioned.

I just don't see how 25 carrys for Spiller is about the limit of his ability.

He never did it in his college career.

It's not a blanket concern for every rookie RB. Just for Spiller.

Averaging less than 20 carries in college doesn't prepare a kid to average over 20 carries in the pros.

Ask Tebow what the difference is. He made a college career out of plowing his way into the endzone. He did it once in the NFL and hasn't practiced since.

How long do you think it will be before Bills fans start clamoring for CJ to get the majority of snaps during the season? Jackson and Lynch are good, but Spiller is by far the biggest threat for a big play TD. And, lets get real, the only way the Bills sniff 7 wins is by scoring some big play TDs. They are not going to drive to the 8 yard line that often.

I am willing to bet that Spiller gets 15-20 runs a game by the time the end of the season comes around. Now, I could be wrong. If Jackson and Lynch get healthy....and perform....he might end up getting more time in the passing game. But, Spiller is much more suitable to run behind this porous Offensive line than either Jackson or Lynch, bc he makes the defense miss tackles. And that alone will open up options for Trent down field.

Gailey is a pragmatic dude, I just can't see how he leaves Spiller off the field much by week 4.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

I really liked his willingness to run in between the tackles. He showed that he is more than just a runner who is going to take it to the outside. He reminds me of a young LT. He didn't remind me of Reggie Bush. This kid can be something special if the Bills can get some more pieces to the offense. Can you image this kid on an established solid NFL offense? I am excited to see him play this season.

As someone that has seen A LOT of reggie I am still buying the comparison to him. I think you will see him touch the ball 10 or so times rushing, 5 passes, and returns. Within that he will probably average a TD every game, or game and a half but you dont know where it will come from. Some games he will probably be maddening to watch, and others, like lastnight he will be electric.

Expect Jackson and Lynch to do the heavy lifting, and spiller doing things as simple as going in motion being able to open up the entire field for the offense. even without touching the ball he will produce yards, and not take a beating. What a lot of people dont realize when talking about bush is that he hasnt been 100% the last few years. Last year he was coming off knee surgery, and it was a serious one. By the end of the year you saw runs in the middle of the field. Watch the Saints vs Arizona highlights from the playoffs and i think you will see a good comparison point for spillers potential.... and for that matter, reggies potential.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

No offense Scott, he was rather clear. The "+" thing that was started recently was with intent to keep the negative nancy's out. And he made a thread about Spiller being equal to a good thing. That is better clarity than some of the other threads out thread, imo.

CJ Spiller getting the starting nod on this team is a good thing. This kid is going to be a special player.

GO BILLS

Does that deserve it's own thread? Can you come up with some original thoughts, observations or questions?

My turn:

Lee Evans is a secial player.

Moorman is a good punter.

Gald Lindel is our kicker.

Do you get it? When I click on a new thread I expect a little more, either positive-negative or at least interesting.

I'm sure you can do better.