Bills Training Camp Feed

CodeMonkey

I have dish. What does that mean?

Not "dish" as in dish network. :lol:

It is the feed that ESPN (in this case) uses to get clips from camp to use in their broadcasts.

Meant really only for them, but anyone with the proper setup can tune it in.

You would need a satellite dish along with the proper equipment to be able to tune non dish network or directv satellites.

Basically if you have to ask that question, you don't have the right equipment :P

Not "dish" as in dish network. :P

It is the feed that ESPN (in this case) uses to get clips from camp to use in their broadcasts.

Meant really only for them, but anyone with the proper setup can tune it in.

You would need a satellite dish along with the proper equipment to be able to tune non dish network or directv satellites.

Basically if you have to ask that question, you don't have the right equipment :huh:

I dont have a dish or the equipment...but it makes me wonder, what are you exactly talking about?

You saying that with this "proper" equipment, you can tune into Bills Training Camp at SJFC and watch the camp every day and night...just like it was being televised?

I am sure I sound like an idiot, but I dont get it...and if that IS what you are talking about, that is pretty sweet! :lol:

I have dish. What does that mean?

CodeMonkey is providing the C-band (6-8 GHz) satellite info, which you can only receive on a C-band dish (one of those big, old, movable dishes that you used to see on bar roofs and some backyards that can be rotated to pointed at multiple C-band satellites). Dish and DirectTV use a different, higher 11-14 GHz Ku-band frequency range and are fixed to point at only one satellite.

IOW, you don't have the equipment and can't receive the signal.

Just noticed this. Haven't tried it so I do not know if it still works or not.

ESPN at Bills camp G17 11972 H 6111

FYI G17 (Galaxy 17) is at orbital position 91° W

Any chance you know where tonights game will be? If I recall Indy is usually on C band. Any ideals?

CodeMonkey is providing the C-band (6-8 GHz) satellite info, which you can only receive on a C-band dish (one of those big, old, movable dishes that you used to see on bar roofs and some backyards that can be rotated to pointed at multiple C-band satellites). Dish and DirectTV use a different, higher 11-14 GHz Ku-band frequency range and are fixed to point at only one satellite.

IOW, you don't have the equipment and can't receive the signal.

You don't necessarily need a BUD (Big Ugly Dish) but the Senator is correct. And thank God for that ... my wife would never tolerate one of those in the yard! :wallbash:

It is a feed intended only for ESPN to get clips from. You see whatever the cameraman is shooting at the time, plus generally a few interviews (raw, before they are edited so you may hear the occasional F bomb for example). You might see interesting footage or some guy scratching his ass, you never know :P There is a feed from most teams camps.

Any chance you know where tonights game will be? If I recall Indy is usually on C band. Any ideals?

That usually isn't known until at best a few hours before the broadcast when they activate the network feed for testing.

Sometimes as little as one hour before the game.

This is a good place to monitor starting a few hours before the game.

Ricks Wildfeeds