On a scale of 1 to Sad....

DC Grid

How bad is it that I am getting really excited about the College FB season so I can start watching the top three QB prospects?

I just hope that for our sake these guys don't flame out as bad as Snead and McCoy did last year. I also hope the Bills finally pull the trigger when they are drafting in the top 5 and Luck, Locker, or Mallet is on the board.

I was just having this conversation with a buddy not two minutes ago. I have never been a big college FB watcher but I am in the same boat as you are. Part of the anticipation is seeing which of the 3 blow up and which ones burn out. I'm with you. I'm looking forward to Saturdays where I get my notebook out, grab four beers, and put on my evaluation hat! Anything beats going outside and doing stuff. :lol:

How bad is it that I am getting really excited about the College FB season so I can start watching the top three QB prospects?

I just hope that for our sake these guys don't flame out as bad as Snead and McCoy did last year. I also hope the Bills finally pull the trigger when they are drafting in the top 5 and Luck, Locker, or Mallet is on the board.

Agreed. We need a franchise QB and hopefully one will be deemed worthy of our top 5 pick.

My advice is to not watch any of them. That way, when you love one and hate the other and the Bills draft the guy you hate and he goes on to be a huge bust while the guy you love goes on to superstar success you wont be really really pissed about it.

We won't have a top 5 pick.

And even if we do, Ralph Wilson will not pay a 1st Round QB salary. He just won't.

So how about you get excited about watching the Bills .. hope they do well .. and stop basing how you feel about them on these idiotic national press articles.

Buffalo is not a bottom 5 team by any stretch of the imagination.

Go Bills!

Who are the 5 crap-tacular teams that are worse than us?...just playing Devil's advocate here

No sweat! I'm confident that these teams will have worse records than Buffalo at the end of the year:

Rams

Lions

Raiders

Bucs

Browns

Seahawks

Chiefs

** And if Sanchez, Henne OR Brady go down - add those teams, too.

So how about you get excited about watching the Bills .. hope they do well .. and stop basing how you feel about them on these idiotic national press...

I don't think anybody here needs the national press to tell them how the story of the 2010 season is going to end.

No sweat! I'm confident that these teams will have worse records than Buffalo at the end of the year:

Rams

Lions

Raiders

Bucs

Browns

Seahawks

Chiefs

I think I'd take the Lions off that list but add Miami with or without Henne.

Can't wait to read how people defend the Bills' decision to trade out of the top pick if a new rookie wage scale isn't in place in time for the draft.

"$60 million guaranteed to an unproven QB? You have to be out of your mind. It was smart that the Bills traded down for the 15 overall pick and a 2nd."

Rams

Lions

Raiders

Bucs

Browns

Seahawks

Chiefs

I think if we were talking about who might beat who straight up I could see an argument for the Bills being better than almost all of those teams except MAYBE the Seahawks and Raiders, but when we talk about a bottom 5 team, top 5 draft pick, it's based on how they fare in the 2010 season. Besides the Lions Bucs and Browns, we have a far tougher road than any of those teams. The NFC and AFC West are a joke. The Hawks will get to 5 or 6 wins by showing up to their games, and so will the Raiders or Cheifs.

Looking at the Bills schedule the only easy games are the ones we have against the Chiefs, Browns, and Lions. Win those and we might push to the 6th or 7th pick. Right now the Bills would probably be clear underdogs in their other 13 games. There's even a decent chance that they are getting a touchdown their first 4 weeks. I bought sunday NFL ticket again and I will be watching ever minute of the Bills season, but I refuse to talk myself into another season of hope for the playoffs. Set your sites low and this team will only mildly disapoint you.

As for QBs going down in the East thereby helping us to close the gap, I don't buy it. Remember what that bum Cassel was able to do with the Pats? And I'm not convinced Hene or Sanchez are all that good, but the teams around them are extremely solid.

Oddly enough, Nix has been part of a history of taking high round QB draft picks, for example, Rivers.

It's impossible to predict what the new CBA will look like in terms of rookie caps. One thing is certain: There will be a lockout in 2011. The management offer is prohibitively bad. The players will never agree to getting paid 41% of revenues as opposed to 59% now. Not when they have so much leverage and so much to lose. The union should be ceremonially cremated if they fold on this.

Rams

Lions

Raiders

Bucs

Browns

Seahawks

Chiefs

Brady went down two years ago and we still lost both games to NE.