The Problem at Quarterback

youngunz

Don't lecture us like two year olds.

I remember him saying that and I concur. You have to agree with that statement. Here is where I take issue with the coach. He prompltly says that and basically does little to upgrade the offensive line. Hummmmm, he reconizes a major need of the team but does nothing but draft Wang in the 5th round and pick up a medicore RT too. I do believe actions speak louder than words. In this case, it is clearly evident. I don't understand what the new regime was thinking...So you can listening to the coach all you want...

I watched the game in pain and the first series for offence was decent. As I continued to watch Edwards he has less and less time to throw the ball.

I watched the game in pain and the first series for offence was decent. As I continued to watch Edwards he has less and less time to throw the ball.

Amen. Someone who saw what I saw. Amazing how the skins defense went from vanilla to a little more sophisticated against a vanilla Offense.

Trent is only effective if everything is just right. The slightest bit of adversity and he folds like a tent. Our line is bad, but a decent QB would still find a way to be effecitive. Fitzy finds a way to go downfield under a rush, he just has no accuracy. At this point if we are going to suck, let's suck with Brohm or Levi, both of whom have upside. Trent and Fitz do not.

Trent is only effective if everything is just right. The slightest bit of adversity and he folds like a tent. Our line is bad, but a decent QB would still find a way to be effecitive. Fitzy finds a way to go downfield under a rush, he just has no accuracy. At this point if we are going to suck, let's suck with Brohm or Levi, both of whom have upside. Trent and Fitz do not.

^^^WHAT HE SAID^^^

Name one member of Jim Kelly's line that wouldn't start today on nearly any team, now name one that is currently on the Bills that would start on any other team but the Bills. Get the picture now? Game 1 pre-season, 2 starters = no chance.

I see your point that our OL is not good and that only 2 of our "starters" played. But using your logic, name one of our QBs who would start for another team in the NFL. None. Our QB suck. The line is not good, but that is a moot point. Without a decent QB, the OL doesn't matter.

Name one member of Jim Kelly's line that wouldn't start today on nearly any team, now name one that is currently on the Bills that would start on any other team but the Bills. Get the picture now? Game 1 pre-season, 2 starters = no chance.

What an interesting question, considering the OL, even during that time, was considered small.

IMHO, Ballard is probably the only one from that time that could start today.

Sorry if this has been debated

As I watched the first week of preseason (including that shameful performance on Friday), I started to see why the Bills have had such a hard time to replace Jim K. After the Todd Collins experiment (who I would be happy with today), the organization made a commitment to having a mobile quaterback (not running) like Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, J.P., Trent, etc. However, what they failed to realize is that you need a quaterback who is willing to step up in the pocket with the rush coming and deliver the ball. Granted our laundry list of QB's who have taken snaps have accumalated their fair share of sacks, but for the most part that is not because they are willing to be hit to make a play, but rather because they believe they can run to evade the sack or just cant read defenses. Even in tonights game, when you look at the QB play, passes were completed (better yet attempted) down field because these guys were willing to look down field and step up and make a throw.

Just my Opinion

When we were good, we had a good offensive line. We have ignored it or gotten some overpriced turkeys (Mike Williams, Dockery) for years. Ergo, we stink. Its the most important unit on the field, period. Hence Denver has a revolving door at running back for years and it doesn't matter.