The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

LGB

Sure, preseason games likely amount to nothing more than a televised training camp scrimmage, but most fans would like to see some improvement and some positives going forward. Yep, the good was that the Bills successfully made it to DC last night and it looked like they had their uniforms on okay, but the bad was there were little or no improvements from last year to be found. The ugly was that the Redskin scrubs made our scrubs look like they were from Division III schools and the worst part of it all was that it was painful to watch – they are just not ready for prime time. You hate to see injuries at any time during the year, but the projected starters need more playing time together before the season opener. I think TE should sit Thursday's game out - the staff already knows what they have in him and it is time to give someone else a shot.

Sure, preseason games likely amount to nothing more than a televised training camp scrimmage, but most fans would like to see some improvement and some positives going forward. Yep, the good was that the Bills successfully made it to DC last night and it looked like they had their uniforms on okay, but the bad was there were little or no improvements from last year to be found. The ugly was that the Redskin scrubs made our scrubs look like they were from Division III schools and the worst part of it all was that it was painful to watch – they are just not ready for prime time. You hate to see injuries at any time during the year, but the projected starters need more playing time together before the season opener. I think TE should sit Thursday's game out - the staff already knows what they have in him and it is time to give someone else a shot.

what good, other than 3rd and 4th string players that won't make the roster making a few plays against other 3rd and 4th stringers who won't make the roster?

New positions, new play book, new players and new staff; Thursday night in Toronto vs. Indy the projected starters should play at least a full quarter. If Chan is trying to be more physical (more contact in camp), he should be willing to get the projected starters out there for longer in the two remaining practice games.

New positions, new play book, new players and new staff; Thursday night in Toronto vs. Indy the projected starters should play at least a full quarter. If Chan is trying to be more physical (more contact in camp), he should be willing to get the projected starters out there for longer in the two remaining practice games.

Starters more? Good Lord the starting O played almost the entire first half. I think the starting D was out there that long as well but I am not sure. How much more do you want the starters to play in a preseason game?

what good, other than 3rd and 4th string players that won't make the roster making a few plays against other 3rd and 4th stringers who won't make the roster?

This is not a good memory, but in the Jauron Era the Bills actually had to play 3rd and even 4th stringers at certain positions for extended lengths of time.

Starters more? Good Lord the starting O played almost the entire first half. I think the starting D was out there that long as well but I am not sure. How much more do you want the starters to play in a preseason game?

Based on their performance, they need as much practice and they can get - opening day will be here soon. Unless of course the goal is to be an unwatchable mess of disorganized scrubs, because it appears that they have pretty well nailed down.

The Good = Blondie = We're young and have no way to go but up from here. :lol:

The Bad = Angel Eyes = Our schemes, talent level and coaching are suspect to some of you posters. :wallbash:

The Ugly = Tuco = First preseason game. :wallbash:

Most fans realize that given the changes this year that there will be a learning curve. What most fans want to see is some improvement in discipline (less penalties), better talent (better drafting), better coaching (better execution on both side of the ball) and better game management - otherwise we will keep riding this coaching carousel round (Gregg Williams) and round (Mike Mularkey) and round (Dick Jauron) and round... :wallbash:

Which starting O would that be? 2 OLine starters. No starting RB's after first drive? Just asking.

Which starting O would that be? 2 OLine starters. No starting RB's after first drive? Just asking.

The same O that will start against Indy in a few days. That starting O.

I know I know, God and the officials are against the Bills. If only that wasn't true, we would be awesome. :lol:

What was sad was when you watch a projected first stringer, Maybin, not do much against the second and third stringers of the Redskins. I saw a couple of replays where the rookie left tackle domininated Maybin. He just looks too small to do damage as a pass rusher.

Bills have how many players out (this is getting ugly)?

Buffalo Bills

RB - Fred Jackson - Hand

RB - Marshawn Lynch - Ankle

WR - Marcus Easley - Knee

LB - Keith Ellison - Undisclosed

WR - James Hardy - Undisclosed

DL - Spencer Johnson - Undisclosed

LB - Chris Kelsay - Shoulder

LB - Paul Posluszny - Groin

OT - Demetrius Bell - Knee

OT - Eric Wood - Leg

OT - Cornell Green - Leg

Until they get it right!