Marv wanted to coach us??

daquixers

WHAT THE HECK - Marv Levy wanted to coach us and we said no???

"I'll give a straight-forward, honest answer: Yes,'' said Levy, who was interested in the Bills opening that went to Mike Mularkey last year. "It would have to be a head coaching job, none of this consultant stuff, but if it (an offer came), I would certainly listen very keenly.''

- talking about the Cleveland Browns coaching vacancy

BIG difference between Gibbs and Marv. Gibbs is stuck with a BAD TEAM ... Marv would be coming to a team worth of talent that a rookie coach could bring to 7-4 if it wasnt for Clements not knocking down a pass and the refs screwing us in Oakland.

I think Cleveland would be lucky to have him. It would be a good fit.

146103[/snapback]

I agree. Marv is everything a coach should be. What a motivator. The obvious example of pulling the Bills out of the psychological dungeon of 3 SB losses to lead them to a fourth is amazing. I can't say I think returing to the Bills would have been good (it's the "you can never go back thing..."). I do feel, however, that the guy can pretty much do whatever he wants (i.e. Cleveland if offered). I'll never buy the "game has passed him by" argument either. That's like saying Roethlisberger or McGahee or Mularky should't be given oportunities to play/coach because the "game is too far ahead of them." There are always exceptions to any rule...and Marv is certainly exceptional. :doh:

marv is great. marv will always be loved.

marv is 89.

we don't want an 89 year old coach.

it's a young man's game.

gotta move on. let his legacy stand as is.

146122[/snapback]

Hes only 79---practically still a youngster!!

I wanted Mularkey to be named head coach as soon as his name surfaced. I think he'll be a very good coach in Buffalo for a very long time. Marv was a good coach for us, but I sure wouldn't want him back.

And BTW, I am a Bills fan. :doh:

As much as I love Marv......His time was the Superbowl teams.......History moves on.....He wouldn't have been a good fit for this team........Now if you woulda said Marv vs Greg Williams...but I think Mularky was the right choice for this team now.

WHAT THE HECK - Marv Levy wanted to coach us and we said no???

"I'll give a straight-forward, honest answer: Yes,'' said Levy, who was interested in the Bills opening that went to Mike Mularkey last year. "It would have to be a head coaching job, none of this consultant stuff, but if it (an offer came), I would certainly listen very keenly.''

- talking about the Cleveland Browns coaching vacancy

146063[/snapback]

Marv had the best talent in the league and couldn't win a SB. The Bills do not have the best talent.

Hes only 79---practically still a youngster!!

146136[/snapback]

79 is WAY too old to be an effective NFL coach. It is a hugely demanding and draining job. At 79, no man has that kind of endurance anymore, it's simple human physiology.

Let's just leave Marv's wonderful legacy where it is, ok?

Hey Dayquil, you told me a couple of days ago that you weren't that keen on Marv as a coach!

Wazzaapp?

146186[/snapback]

Remember the following post I said that I didnt mind Marv as a coach, I just didnt like his personality in his interviews?